main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Bringin' Sexy Back: The Cade Skywalker Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    No, no he doesn't. :p

It's PINS AND NEEDLES all over again. Uggghhh, this series.

I really am one of those people who thinks that heroes don't have to all be Jedi and stories don't always have to center around Jedi and all that yada yada, but it is really cool to see Nat in Jedi robes. You know it's "end is nigh" kind of serious if even he's coming out to fight the good fight.

**** is going to go down on Taivas. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    Ugh, THIS SERIES.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    INORITE?!?

The solicit for War #6 is out now and I'm gonna go curl up in a corner with my Legacy action figures cuz I'm forreals kinda emotional about it.

3. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    [:D] We'll get through it all together with copious amounts of booze, therapy, and backside appreciation! It's that love that brought us all together after all. ;) :p

Speaking of love, LOL the Chertyl banner's back! Happy Valentine's Day, Sey. [face_laugh] :D

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    OH GOD THE OTTER LOVE BANNER AGAIN

I should say something of more substance than that, but the banner has driven all coherent thought out of my head. [face_hypnotized]

Lit's Glove of Darth Vader one might actually be worse, though. [face_thinking]

5. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    Yeah, what's up with that otter love thing anyway??? Do I wanna know how that got started???

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Anyone read War #3 yet? This is dramatic storytelling yet I managed to crack a smile or laugh out loud plenty of times.

Loved it.

How about the cover art for Issue 6? Droolworthy, right?

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/17/17433.jpg]

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    YES! To all of the above.

I got to read through War #3 just once before going to work and, pardon the loudness here, but I am so in love with this issue!! No spoilers right now, but I think it'll strike the heartstrings of a whole lot of folks in this group for a whole lot of reasons. Seriously. I don't even have words for it yet. [face_love]

The cover of #6 is fantastic...with one tiny flaw: ;)

The Mynock is on. freaking. FIRE!

GAH!

8. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    It's okay, Trace. The only one driving it is Artoo.

Kidding.

-- John

9. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    No, he's not kidding--if you look closely you can see a tiny word balloon with an Artoo scream.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :_|

I sure hope not! I need my mother to get back from Costa Rica so she can pick up comics for me!

11. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    That's what you get for letting Artoo drive... sigh.

But that cover... Oh yeah....:D

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    But.....but it's Air Derriere!

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Legacy%20pics/AirDerrierejpg.jpg]

Artoo can save the day!

I mean, right?? [face_worried]

13. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Artoo's flown with enough Skywalkers in his time to avoid giant flaming crashes.

Or maybe to get right into the thick of them. One of the two.

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Artoo IS the true Chosen One, after all. ;) (No, really. And there'd better be an EJECT button on that ship! Even though the Mynock is practically a character and I don't want to lose it, either.)

Going back to a few things I meant to address before my laptop died and had to get a new hard drive:

The Krayt comic pack was in stores, but I never found one. The Deliah figure is an Entertainment Earth exclusive that you have to order. Not sure if they?re still in stock or not, but I know they were selling them on eBay.

I *think* - someone correct me if I?m wrong ? but I think it?s due to the fact that when Corran Horn?s relationship with Chertyl was originally referenced in the EU, there was not a visual representation of what a Selonian looked like. When the species was finally drawn looking like otters, it made that inter-species relationship totally different. o_O

I did notice that! And the comments this month were?nice. *blink* Who knew? ;)

Speaking of the letter column this month, Jan answers one of the questions herself and is referred to as ?the Mistress of War.? I think that should be her new title. :D

Also, a couple of pretties from War #3:

This one's for you, Bri. Somewhat spoilery, so I?ll link it. :cool:

And I just love this panel:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Legacy%20pics/war3mynockcrew.jpg]

No particular reason, ?cept that I adore those three and they all look really good. [face_love]

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    My very long, very fangirl-gushy thoughts about War #3: [face_blush]

*****SPOILERS*****

First two pages: I think Bantha and Droo are, quite possibly, the most devoted and stable couple in all of the current EU. They?re what most folks dream of for partners and parents and not because they?re perfect, but because they help each other live out what they see as most important in life: family.

I laughed at the scene where the Mynock crew landed on The Wheel, ?specially Deliah?s line about the couch giving her fleas. Then again, she?s not really wearing much in the way of breeches. I mean, look at these pants! Jan is having waaaaaaaay too much fun with Deliah?s tacky attire. :D [face_laugh]

I?m gonna skip the next scene right now and come back to it.

Darth Talon vs. the Mynock crew. I always love it when Talon shows up! Blue didn?t get to claw her eyes out, but she did get to point a blaster at her, LOL. And can I just say that anytime Jariah whips out his amphistaf is a treat? ;) *ahem*

Cade says he?s going to kill her and she comes back with the perfect retort: ?You know I?m more fun alive than dead.? [face_mischief] :D And Cade doesn?t argue with her calling him a Jedi. Could it be?.......

I am not a fan of Draco Antares but I did like him in the scenes after he got thawed out of carbonite. He humbled himself, admitted his failures, he knew he did bad and now I kind of hope he gets some of his honor back. Never thought I?d say that.

Best line of that scene goes to Jariah: ?Disguising yourself as a Sith to do a rescue on Korriban?! Cade-class plan, Draco. Sure you two aren?t brothers?? [face_laugh] ?Cade-class plan? I love it!

I?m just gonna say it: Krayt looks GOOD in that new outfit! *ducks and runs*

Enter the plan to get the Sith to attack the Hidden Temple and everyone?s praying it doesn?t turn into another Ossus. Again, I hope Cade knows what he?s doing?.

The attack starts and I?m thinking that Moff Yage might not be entirely on board with his fellow Imperials. He?s got some memory baggage and I don?t think he likes it. [face_thinking]

Gunner won?t fire on her brother and Morrigan won?t fire on her daughter and Jariah steals the scene again, yelling at Morrigan: ?Then fire at the other one! Hit something you ain?t related to!? [face_laugh]

Unless there?s a deleted scene, Cade is still in the dark about having a sister. Something to look forward to, hopefully.

Jedi and IKs defending the Hidden Temple together = Awesome!

Ponytail finally grew her ponytail back! And she looks good working with Ganner. ;) They should have red-clad, red-haired, ponytail-wearing baby IKs together. [face_batting] I wonder if Cade ever apologized properly to her or if they?re just in-the-same-Temple/battle but ignoring-each-other?

The Cade/Bantha make-up scene: Short. To the point. And perfect for those two. :D These are not talkative guys. :p

Final page was the Fleet Junkie Happy Scene, but all I could think was that Krayt would have to sound like Ricardo Montalbán in that final panel: ?Jesssss!?

And now, back to the earlier scene that stole the book: :eek: [face_love]

I?ve been wondering since the Claws arc if Syn and Blue would ever find out that Morrigan was the one who captured/tortured them and turned them over to the Sith, and sure enough, they finally did. I wish John and Jan could have had about three more pages to expand on that and the ramifications, but comics being only 22 pages, not everything can be in-depth.

For those who haven?t read it yet/the trade waiters: Nyna meets up with the Mynock crew privately on The Wheel and Syn and Blue both pull blasters on her. Jariah says he?ll kill her and she tells him that she?s Morrigan and shows him the holo-necklace that Morrigan wears. Cade can tell that she?s not lying and sends Jariah and Blue back to the ship so he can deal with her alone.

And the re

16. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    The last panel there can have so many uses, like this.

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002

This was a nice little show I thought.

Aw, you gotta love the dude. [face_love]

Interesting you say this because I wasn't always digging Cade (I loved Antares and Ganner from the start) but they've brought me around to really embracing his character.

QFT

Or maybe this was supposed to be a longer arc and they had to push a lot into less comics? It felt like this issue could have been two issues.

What we did get was fantastic.

18. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    HAPPY FLAIL. :D

I'd have to revisit the Tatooine arc to be sure, but I thought Cade and Gunn knew about each other? He doesn't know about their relationship? This makes me woefully for my memory. I'm usually really good at keeping my ducks in a row. :oops:

I really think Bantha and Droo serve as a nice contrast to Kol and Morrigan, taking the same concept of love and demonstrating all the ways it can go right and all the ways it can go wrong. Nifty little bit, that.

At the risk of getting stoned in this thread, any mention of Azlyn doing better makes me happy. I really like her character. I include the growing back of her ponytail as doing better. :p

That scene between all three of them is :eek: :eek: :D . That's pretty much everything I thought Morrigan capable of. She's unapologetic about everything up herself, but a lot of what's happened wouldn't need to be apologized for if she weren't who she is.

Kol. [face_love] He's rockin some serious muttonchops in the afterlife.

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Actually, I didn't like ANY of the IKs for a long, long time, LOL. Ganner won me over first somewhere back around VECTOR and I like a few of them now, but it took a while for them to grow on me. :)

Heck, I didn't like Cade until the Ghosts arc when Wolf finally beat (literally) some sense into him. ;)

Yes, it was! :D Speaking of reunions, another that I wouldn't mind seeing would be Bantha/Morrigan. I don't imagine he'll have much nice to say to the woman who broke his brother's heart.

Now that you mention it... I don't know if Gunn ever said who her mother was, but now that Cade knows that Nyna and Morrigan are the same person, he might realize that Gunn is her daughter/his sister. [face_thinking] Gunner knows that Cade is her brother, but she doesn't know that Morrigan is alive, so we could still be in for an interesting family reunion.

Nifty, indeed, and I totally agree with you, there! Especially about demonstrating all the ways that love can go right and wrong. The almost polar opposite lives of the Skywalker men (Nat and Kol) and their families is one of the more fascinating dynamics of Legacy.

I like her, too! Now. ;) (We won't talk about a couple of years ago. [face_blush] Ahem.) Provided she survives WAR, I really do hope she can be happy.

20. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Epic flail! *ba-dum-psh*

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Off-topic, but to John, Sey and any other Dresden Files readers - Chapter One of "Ghost Story" is online. I won't say anything about it except that this book will give me a reason to live after Legacy ends. ;)

Tim finished Changes the other night and called me at work with: "OMG! WTH? WTF?!?"

I LOL'd because I did the OMGWTHWTF dance about that book last spring when it came out. He can now share our pain. Heh. [face_devil]

22. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Thanks, Trace.

Want. This.Book. NOW!

And Tim is getting off lightly. He has only a few months to wait. I've been waiting almost a whole YEAR.

-- John

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thanks Trace! Allowing myself to read that will be my reward for getting my midterm grades in (I have to do them early because I will be gone next week traveling with students to a national convention in Springfield, IL).

I'm with John on this one. I've been waiting so long to find out how the story will continue that I had to look up what happened in Changes because I didn't remember. I'm pretty sure I had the same reaction as Tim and didn't have anyone to share it with.

It is such a pain to be gone from school! Ugh!

24. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    FYI

For anyone who may be headed to C2E2, I'm going to be there. Check the Dark Horse booth for appearances there.

-- John

25. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Aw man. Sorry I have to miss it. Chicago isn't far from me, but I just came back from about a week and a half of vacation time. I hope any of those attending have fun and share some stories!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.