main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Bringin' Sexy Back: The Cade Skywalker Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Saw that Gail Simone and JJM will also be there. We'll see JJM next week at Mid South Con, but I'm totally bummed that we can't make it up there and say Hi to you and Gail.

I hope it's fun and that y'all have a great time!

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    From the front page if TFN today:

<i>Ostrander and Jan Duursema are working on a new untitled series, and they mention that don't expect all the Legacy characters to live thru the current series!</i>

You guuuuuyyyys. [face_frustrated] [face_worried]

I mean, bring it on. [face_devil]

And the snippet about <i>Agent of the Empire</i> sounds like it's going to be really cool. :D

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    *twitch*

War #4 is out today!

And yes, John's new series does look interesting. :D Is it too soon to start hoping for an appearance by Cade's great-great grandma when she was a teenage Emperor's Hand? ;)

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [:D]

We still have hope for now, Trace. I agree though, that info always causes my eye to twitch.

5. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Well, the Cade fanclub is coming up on its third birthday on Friday (where does the time go? :eek: ), which may be a sign that he's coming out of the terrible twos just in time for the War finale. He might yet be okay. :p

Hey Sey, any chance we could get a Cade or Legacy-themed banner up for Friday, even if just for the day? [face_batting]

Unless you guys have some dastardly joke in store. You never know. [face_worried]

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    This banner or the other one?

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I think either would be fine, but this one is nice a cheery.

Has anybody else read #4 yet? Some cheering-up would be good.

And yes, we turn THREE this week! [face_mischief] Having survived two toddlers, I always thought the three's were much worse than the two's. Three year-olds can argue and talk back. :p

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    My sister-in-law and I were just discussing this while I was visiting for Spring Break. She thinks three is going to be worse as well. So it is the terrible two's and the tumultuous three's!

9. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Looove you for this, Sey! :D This one is perfect after the random three inches of snow we got out of nowhere today. [face_frustrated]

Trace, I haven't read 4 yet (I forgot it came out today and didn't see your reminder in time [face_blush] ), but I poked my head into the Lit thread for spoilers (I'm bad! And used to doing it anyway since I wait for trades). I was devastated. :( :( :(

Edit: As for age, I don't have kids and no one remotely close to me in my circle of family or friends has them. I'm out of the know outside of stereotypes/old wives' tales. If threes are worse than twos, that's probably more in keeping with Cade's character, especially the talking back part. :p

Edit 2: Totally off-topic! But I just saw the TFN news blurbs at the bottom and the top one is about C-VI! :eek:

So what was my point, oh yes Star Wars Celebration 6, of course. I've not posted anything in a while yet we've been working really hard on getting news ready for you. So let's just say that we are close to telling you something about when and where it will be and you might find the host city a real surprise.

Don't hold me to it, but I bet we'll have some real news (not just a mean spirited tease like this post is) in the next 8 weeks.

That's damn fast if they make it in the 8 week time frame. o_O But any news is welcome news for me! I love Celebrations. [face_dancing]

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I. Am. Going. To. This. One! Maybe the really early notice will give us a lot more time to save $$ and make plans. *hopeful*

[:D] Here?s the thing, though ? if it makes you feel any better - That thread is good at doling out spoilers about WHO died, but I haven?t seen anybody really talk about HOW and WHY they died, and that is a shame because it was one of the most moving scenes we?ve ever had in Legacy. (I bawled. I won't lie.)

Bantha?s death and what happened before and after it were beautifully written and drawn ? a noble and fitting sacrifice for a great man: He pushed Cade out a window to safety and then fought alongside T'Raa Saa, who had rooted herself to the planet and formed a battle meld, and they both fought to the very end as the Jedi Code was recited panel by panel. Bantha's final words were to Droo - that he loved her "always and forever." [face_love] When the Sith fighter crashed into them, he and T'Raa Saa were able to channel the energy upward to destroy Krayt's ships so that the Jedi/younglings/GA/IKs could escape. It was powerful and moving and Cade's grief afterward made it especially poignant. *SNIFF!* Some of John and Jan?s finest work. @};-

11. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Sorry to make you bawl, Trace.

But we're going to do it again before we done. Maybe more than once.

Sorry in advance.

Ahhh. No, I'm not.<g>

-- Mean John

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]

Well, on that CHEERY NOTE: :p

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY, CADE BRIGADE!!!

[:D][:D][:D]

(We love you anyway, John.)

13. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    More in depth post to come, but I too wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADE BRIGADE! Thanks for another great year and year's to a great one to come. [:D] [:D] :D :D

Or a terrible one if John is any indication. [face_frustrated] :p

14. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Happy belated birthday, Brigaders!

It's always nice to see my banner. :)

15. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Happy Birthday, Brigaders! :cool:

16. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    That was a rather tame day for this thread compared to those in the past. A wiser, more mature fan club it is! [:D]

:p

Have now gotten caught up with 4. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm disheartened. :( I've been prepared for people to bite the dust; even if it hadn't been promised time and again, we're coming into the final showdown. Not everyone is going to make it and it's incredibly unrealistic to expect that they would. I just didn't see Nat dying. He's barely been back in the fold. But he died in a true Jedi purpose, and short of the "natural causes surrounded by your loved ones," I don't suppose there'd be a better way than to go out fighting and protecting. I'm still not happy about it. [face_frustrated]

I wonder where this leaves Droo and their kids.

Also, Nat's death means that, as of yet, we still have no known deaths in this family that have been timely or peaceful. What a horrible family characteristic.

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    *fixed your sign off* :p

Happy Anniversary, Cade Brigade. :D

I haven't been able to read #4 yet...DarthRealLife and all that. [face_worried]

18. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    And proud of it!

Evil mean author John

19. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Yeah, but the real question is can we expect that level of evil in your next two projects?

... Don't answer that.

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_frustrated]

I SWEAR I'LL QUIT READING THIS SERI--

Oh, wait. :p We can't really threaten that anymore, can we? :oops:

8-}

Bri: [:D] [:D] [:D] Depending on the day, I'm alternately excited about seeing how this will play out or dreading it. Good thing is, whatever happens, we've got a great group here and we can cheer or commiserate as needed. I'll bring the kleenex and chocolate to the War #6 party.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    When does #6 come out? I might be in TN at that point. I could so join y'all!

So I finally got ahold of 3 and 4.

I can't stop crying for several reasons.

The scene with ghost Kol saying he still loved Corde and forgave her made me tear up.

Then I was easy pickings to bawl when I moved onto 4. Such a heroic ending for a Skywalker. If it is possible I think the artwork is even more stunning than usual. I loved the shot of Cade with a bandage on and Blue holding him and crying.

I like that Draco is freed of carbonite now and it appears that Sia forgave him which isn't a good sign for Jello, but I like the two of them together so I'm happy about that.

There was definite satisfaction of getting to see Sith slaughtered as well. Bravo on that!

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Scheduled release date is May 25th and that would be awesome!! :D (Also reminds me that I need to be sure to ask for that night off at work.)

Since we were only one vote apart on the "Most Likely to Cry Because of A Comic" award, Sey, I'll share all my Kleenexes (Kleenexi ?) with you. :_|

Today is April 20th and that is the day that the Universe decided that the man we know as Evil Mean Author Darth Brucie Susie Bustier Johnism should make his debut. [face_mischief]

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/balloons_confetti_hw.gif]

Happy Birthday, John!!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

23. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I am SO adding that title to my sig!

-- Evil Mean etc

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Happy Birthday, John!!! Hope you have a great day, you evil, wicked author, you!

Trace: Now all the scary names are officially taken.

25. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Happy Birthday, John!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.