main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Bringin' Sexy Back: The Cade Skywalker Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    You're probably going to have to hold down the Cade Brigade fort this time, Trace. I am 99% certain I won't be able to make it as that would hopefully be the first week of my doctorate program (if I get in!)

3. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Trace, you shan't be alone. I'm going again. [face_batting]

4. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Amazon.com shows a January 28 release date for the Legacy: War TPB. I can't wait to see how this series ends!

5. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I believe some of them will be at Celebration VI, according to Darth Nihl.

Where to on Amazon does it say that? I can't find it. :confused:

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Already got my tix to Celebration.

I saw Cade Skywalker in line to see the Obi-Wan and Beyond show at Star Wars Weekend. It was so dark my phone couldn't get a decent picture of him. I won't complain about the shade though because it was hot in Orlando.

Feel bad for not having more time to talk about how great Legacy: War's finish was, but I finally got my review posted on my blog. 10 out of 10 from me, and I don't throw out 10's like the judges on Dancing With the Star.

7. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Arrgh! I checked again and it was a solicitation for a TPB of Volume 10: Extremes with a different cover than before! Noooo!

8. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words. Thanks, everybody, for the kind words. They're much appreciated.

I think I'm going to try to be at Celebration. I don't know yet.

-- John

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    John,
    I hope you can make Celebration... Can we bribe you?

There were some good Legacy costumes at the last celebration and I hope there will be more at this one...

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999

Looking forward to seeing/meeting the Cade Brigaders (and costumers) who?ll be at CVI!

I really hope you can make it, John. We miss you!! [:D] Superman Celebration was a few weekends ago and that midway will never be the same without you. :D

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

A few thoughts about the conclusion to WAR and the traditional pic spam: (now that the fan is fixed on my laptop and I can use it without fear of it catching on fire, lol)

Again, I LOVED it! Everything about it. The entire WAR arc was fantastic and I thought the final issue was a perfect conclusion and a truly beautiful ending to one of the best SW stories ever. @};-

I posted detailed comments over in the #6 thread in Lit, but being specific to Cade here, my favorite scenes were the ones around the dialogue:

?Just me and the stars?.walkin? in the sky.? I got a teary-eyed at that one.

and

?Jedi hibernation trance. Old school. Glad I didn?t cut that class.? [face_laugh]

Favorite Cade pic:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/cade2.jpg]
    It?s just beautiful.

And you know the Cade/Blue fan in me was deliriously happy with this: ;)

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/cade6a.jpg]
    [face_love]

Last but definitely not least, the declaration that some readers have been waiting a long time for: when our man finally admits that he is a Jedi.

I love how this panel:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/cade5.jpg]

echoed the panel back in Broken where we saw Cade take up a lightsaber for the first time:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/rear.jpg]

And the final sentence on this page gave me goosebumps:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade/War6_7.jpg]

Discussion question if anyone?s up for it:

From the very beginning of this thread, we?ve had an ongoing discussion about what we would think about Cade becoming a full grown Jedi. Looking waaaaay back, most everyone was skeptical about the idea. Nobody could really picture Cade as a robe-clad, white-hat-wearing Good Guy Jedi because his angst and issues were so integral to what made him compelling as a character.

Now that his story (as we know it) is complete, what do you think about Jedi Cade? If we could glimpse ten years down the time line, do you think he?d be an active member of the Order properly or still keeping himself apart and doing his own thing?

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Not sure if this is new news or not, but Legacy:WAR is now available digitally for $8.99 for the TPB and $1.99 per single issue.

But none of the other issues are available? I'm confused.

12. jedimasterrob2004

jedimasterrob2004 Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2004
    I really enjoyed the Legacy and Legacy: War! There is nothing now that I'm interested in, the books where they are at are so boring, only Luke & Ben's storyline has any interest for me. I can only hope Darkhorse eventually brings back some form of that timeline with Cade.

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Cade Brigade?assemble! [face_cowboy]

I always wanted to say that. ;)

Jan has a fan page now on Facebook and she said Cade was getting lonely. That?s not allowed. [face_shame_on_you];)

And she?s put up some BEAUTIFUL pencils!

My favorites so far:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cade_nyna_pencil.jpg]

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/cadeliah_pencil_war6.jpg]

Check it out HERE. :D

jedimasterrob2004: If you like Legacy (I refuse to use past tense and say ?liked? :p) then you?ve come to the right place! Welcome! :D And I hope so, too.

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Gorgeous photos! I need to check out her page. I instantly liked the new one when I saw it, but I didn't go there to see what she had put up. Figured it was too new. I was wrong!

15. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Found the FB page...

We need Cade Brigade shirts for Celebration... Don't know how many Brigaders are making it... but the Assemble idea is pretty cool if you ask me...

Late on the saying so but loved Legacy War. As always, amazed I am...

Just for something to do... I began re-reading Legacy from the beginning and it's a lot of fun the second time around...

Thanks to Jon and Jan and all the other Brigaders for making it so much fun!

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Aye, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

We'll be a'needin some Brigade garb fer the Celebration, me hearties. hyperspace_police ain't a lyin' bout that.

Here be a purty picture lassie Jan left fer us a couple o' years back:

[image=http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff236/Dragon1327/PIRATES.jpg]

Arrrr, I right miss them scallywags. [face_cowboy]

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Bummed no Legacy upcoming in the Dark Horse announcements.

But the new Jan and John offering looks really exciting and beautiful.

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    A post over in the Lit forum summed it up best. For me, at least:

Even without His Hotness. Which is probably a good thing for the nice man who runs the comic shop I go to, because I'd be CLIMBING OVER the counter to pelt him with money in that case. ;)

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Today is Jan's birthday, y'all! Let's wish her a great one! :D

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/birthday_gifs/birthdaygif.gif]

And from the Tim & Trace household, Birthday greetings from:

New babies Cade'ika and Deliah Blue
    [image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Kitties/cadeandblue2.jpg]

And these yahoos, Morrigan and Jariah
    [image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Kitties/MorriganJariah.jpg]

Don't let those sweet faces fool you. They're all plotting something... [face_mischief]

Happy Birthday! [:D]

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Happy Belated Birthday, Jan!

The kitties...oh my, they look so cute and so naughty. I have a grey about that color, too. Her name is Isabelle. In my family we have Mara, Anakin, and Commander Cody in the kitty variety, plus my 1400 lb version of Ganner the Jedi red-head horse. I gave Jan a picture of my Ganner at C5.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The sexy has fallen too far. I refuse to let this go to page 2. I feel lost in Star Wars right now without Cade to look forward to. :( Anyone else feel this way?

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    One of my passions is EU action figure collecting. Yes, at this point I only buy new EU toys and nothing else from the films.:p

Here is my collection of Legacy Figures. Harkas is awol from Joker Squad(either my cat or daughter might have infomation on his where abouts). Also Stazi & Yorub(who is hidden behind K'Kruhk) are works in progress.

See if you can spot the other three custom figures I have in there :)

[image=http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/LegacyCollection040.jpg]

23. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Nice. :) Not really into action figures myself, I liked the minis that used to some out. Redone plenty of extras into Legacy characters as well, which can be found in the DeviantArt account in my sig.

I'm guessing that the 3 custom figures in the pic (asides from Stazi) are Treis Sinde, Roan Fel, and Vul Isen. I remember hearing about official figures on the rest.

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yep. Cade and the Legacy run will always be a special, bright spot in the fandom for me and not just because the series was awesome, but perhaps even moreso because of the friendships we made in the process. [:D]

I just read the first two issues of John?s Agent of the Empire and really liked it! Am also looking forward to John and Jan?s Dawn of the Jedi and the new KOTOR mini.

VERY cool!! I LOL?d at your comment about your cat because my Kitty Cade ate my Darth Talon figure?s lightsaber. :oops:[face_mischief]

The TPB for WAR came out last week! It is bittersweet, finally having the whole series on the shelf. @};-

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.