main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Bringing 7NSA Back to Life (Discussing Official News)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by stormcloud8, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I just did a quick count, there have been 31 posts in this forum in the month of July. As we are now at the 16th of the month, that averages to less than 2 posts per day. It seems to me the current construction of the forum isn't working. It is a ghost town.

The current rule (as I understand it) is that there can be no discussion of official news aside from the casting thread. In the past (i.e. for ROTS) the 3NSA forum allowed discussion of official news. People watched trailers, read press releases, etc. I'd propose we rethink opening that option back up in here. If not, there's just not anything to discuss - the forum as currently constructed is essentially a place for fan fic ideas.

I say this because my previous spoiler free experiences in these forums have been probably the most enjoyable online posting experiences I can recall, on any website. I'm honestly pretty bummed out that FIVE Star Wars films are on the near horizon, and I can't discuss them on these forums unless I go over to the spoiler forum and find out stuff I don't want to know.

Anyways, I just wanted to throw out my two cents about free discussion of official news, as it seems like this forum is dead and/or dying.

GGrievous likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hear you. I've ventured into 7SA but I'm turned off by threads like "We need more spoilers!!!"

I'm glad Abrams is close lipped and the forums are "speculation" and "less speculation." To a point.

But there has been official news released.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I remember 3NSA and I wouldn't mind that. :p

To be honest, I don't know if you can be totally "spoil free" these days. Social media, youtube, news outlets and what not basically talk about upcoming blockbusters religiously. Unless you avoid that stuff, it'll be tough.

KED12345 and stormcloud8 like this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    For better or for worse, this is A) the atmosphere (level of tightness) most people were asking for when this forum was created, and B) the only real alternative to the SA forum that exists anyway. There's really no more of a happy medium between the two.

We've already posted a link to the "officially confirmed info" thread in SA, from the NSA forum. People in NSA can discuss the confirmed actors in the Casting News thread. When official teasers, TV spots, and trailers come out, I'm sure we'll have threads in the NSA forum where posters can discuss those too. If there's another specific facet of the film that has been made official, which people want to discuss here, it can probably be made into its own thread too; it will just need to be clear that it's also "open at your own risk" like the Casting News thread is. PM a mod if you have a question on that.

If all of that is not enough, posters who feel that way should frankly consider spending more time in SA, because otherwise they risk ruining the NSA forum for those who really do want to avoid spoilers. We've seen many people in here talk about avoiding Twitter, Facebook feeds, entertainment sites, etc. and have told their friends not to tell them stuff they hear about SW. As we've said many times, the line is subjective and different for everyone, so what one user here thinks is fine may be too much for another user here.

With that, I'm going to lock this thread because we already have threads here talking about the nature of spoilers themselves and "how spoiler free will you be?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.