main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bringing a small bit of peace to the BYS and JCC in general

Discussion in 'Communications' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    That post that he quoted was made over a month ago, DA. Not after these supposed new rules came-out...

Also, we've always talked about Pabst Blue Ribbon beer and such. From day number one. Even when we were in Star Wars Miscellaneous....where you looked after us. This shouldn't be new to you. ;) :)

Well said, Dags, MeBe, Salt, Amazing, J-Sat, Sloan and others. :)

If you don't like us, just simply ignore us and leave us alone. Doesn't sound too difficult to me.

Shelby

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    "Meh, the thread title should be changed to

Drunker, Crazier, and More Insane.....

if you ask me"

[face_laugh]

I missed that post.

DA, if something is questionable it can always be edited. It's not our fault if people aren't paying attention.

3. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "but does it still happen?"

farraday: Transmogrifying the rules. - Locked, of course.

Apparently so. :(

[Star Trek] "To seek new lies, new uncivilized conversations" [/Star Trek] ;)

"If you don't like us, just simply ignore us and leave us alone. Doesn't sound too difficult to me."

Of course, people could leave others alone as well. [face_plain]

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Errrr.... Honest question.

Why all the fuss at all? There are more 'groups' on and spawned from the JC then one can reasonably count.

Blue Yoda

EU Defense Force

Handmaidens

Dantooein Base

Mrs. Robinsons Of Star Wars (over 30 Hayden fans)

The JC Hogwarts House

The Order of the Bebop

The Dark Lords of the JCC

The Jedi Outcast

The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC

Kingdom of Dorkdom

Some overlap even...

What's the big deal if they don't violate the TOS?

?[face_plain]

5. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Exactly.

For the record, we do a pretty damn good job policing ourselves.

6. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    That's right. We do. Well said, you two. And I'm not too sure what the fuss is about, either. I think some people are just into the fuss-making business. It's their..."schtick"... ;)

"Of course, people could leave others alone as well." [face_plain]

Is this directing towards me? Am I missing something, here? ?[face_plain]

Shelby

7. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    No, just a general feeling about this and similar situations, that's all. I've had to deal with this very same thing about the Basher's Sanctuary.

My apologies for the confusion. :)

8. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Oh, ok. Cool. Don't worry about it, man. :)

Shelby

9. The Lurker

The Lurker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 1999
    in the interest of solving their problem with the anti-BYS sentiments.

If the BYS requested that a Green Yoda thread be started and allowed to grow

As the reasons for anti-BYS sentiment go far beyond blue yoda versus green yoda - I fail to see how this would solve anything.

It's nice to see your concern for the difficulties that the BYS has encountered, but if you really want to help find a constructive solution, I suggest that you spend more time in the thread getting to know the history and long time members, that way you can get a more thorough understanding of what's really going on :)

10. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Thanks for support everyone, there isn't much for anyone to say.

I would like to reinforce the fact that we are just a merry band of fools who enjoy Star Wars, and have a good time discussing a wide range of topics.

Ever since we were moved to the JCC, the amount of resentment we've encountered has increased.... and that was a year ago. We aren't out to get anyone, we pretty much keep to ourselves, and we have our own rules which one of the top ones is to follow the TOS of the JC.

If we get touchy or defensive, it's because someone else has decided to make it their crusade to persecute us. We usually chalk it up to sheer boredom on the part of the person taking potshots at us.

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    DarthBreezy - its spelt Dantooine Base ;) oh, and you missed Off Topic

What's the big deal if they don't violate the TOS?

How many of the groups you've listed are represented in the JCC banner ?

12. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    We've already seen people attempt BYS ripoffs, some intending to use it to bash.

I seem to recall a Green Jinn Syndicate that Dashy made a while ago, maybe 3 months. The entire thread reached to about 8 pages and was mostly filled with social discussion, heck, we actually got BYSers to wish the thread luck, but it was locked for being a parody thread. This particular thread was not made to bash, sure there was a a couple of people who used it to flame the BYS, but they were taken care of by KW (I believe). I just don't see why all threads that resemble the Society, even ones that are encouraged by BYS members, are barred rom the JC.

DA, if something is questionable it can always be edited. It's not our fault if people aren't paying attention.

Oh come now, that's like saying "I killed him, but it's not my fault because no one saw me do it!"

And to touch on Malkie's post:

That's one of the only things I question, it is the only group to have their own icons and a spot in the banner. I really don't think it's that big of a deal, but if they can get a Blue Yoda Icon, I wouldnt mind having a Latin icon or something. :p

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Any list that forgets the Slackers is a BAD POLL.

Come on, the Factionisating© the JCC is just silly. Really all you need to do is split people into two groups:

"Norms" and "Tools"

And some people have to look at themselves and decide just what they are trying to accomplish, and if it is helpful or just being pathetic.

UKS

©CGI Ninja Gandalf Word Technologies.

14. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    [face_laugh]

As far as the banner goes, that was a decision made by Flamingsword. She did that of her own free will. We didn't ask her to do that but we greatly appreciate it.

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Is that intentional? I mean, personally I never REALLY paid that much attention to it myself or made any connection to the group known as BY to the pic on the banner...

I guess in the end, I STILL fail to see what the big deal is.

16. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "that was a decision made by Flamingsword. She did that of her own free will."

Yeah, right!

[Obi-wan] "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded" [/Obi-wan] :p

17. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Grilled-Sarlaac is responsible for uploading the second Blue Yoda icon. The first was uploaded by request from me and it was placed in the Humor section. I thought the Blue Yoda icon was similar in nature to the Vader/Sheep icon that had been uploaded previously.

18. AssassinDroid21

Jun 6, 2002
    As far as the banner goes, that was a decision made by Flamingsword. She did that of her own free will. We didn't ask her to do that but we greatly appreciate it.

Oh, I understand that. And really, I care far less about that than the icons really. A lot of people vote for icons, but only one person has the say of what to put on a banner, so I just don't really see why no other groups get icons.

19. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    ...oh, and you missed Off Topic

Well, Malkie, OT isn't a JC group. We don't have our own thread here and we have a strict "No JC" rule there. We just happened to have met here and post here, but we're not a JCC social group.

The banner was approved and put up with the Blue Yoda in there. Personally, I don't see it as that big of a deal, but I understand why people are a bit taken aback by it being there. Hopefully this has taught banner makers not to single out one or two groups in the future.

20. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    AD21, the icon issue will have to be taken up with G-S.

21. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    so I just don't really see why no other groups get icons.

Have the other groups asked?

22. AssassinDroid21

Jun 6, 2002
    I can't speak for other groups, but I believe someone for us did.

And my (poorly given) previous point was supposed to emphasize that not all parody threads were "out to get the BYS", some are made merely out of a joke (like the Green Jinn Syndicate) or to joke around with a popular social group (the GYS yesterday). I think a lot less people have a problem with the BYS than a people think, and those that are hell bent on wanting to being down the thread need to at least discuss their e-differences with the other party, after all it is just the JC. ;)

23. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Perhaps you're right, but I seriously doubt it.

24. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, Malkie, OT isn't a JC group. We don't have our own thread here and we have a strict "No JC" rule there. We just happened to have met here and post here, but we're not a JCC social group.

Thats a fair point, and I understand the distinction you are making there.

25. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "There are people on the JC, whose soul purpose it is for exisisting on the boards, is to put down and bash."

Perhaps it's a matter of perception, because I simply don't agree. I believe that just about everyone here is a decent poster, the exception being the trolls who occasionally drop by and spam the forums with obscene threads (and they don't last for long anyway). To believe that the majority of JC members are malicious troublemakers is saddeningly cynical.

"Even when someone shows support for you, you politely slam him?"

Now this is obviously a matter of perception. There is no slamming going on here. I will admit some frustration that the topic of this thread continues to be ignored and people who cannot really answer the question keep cropping up to unintentionally take it off topic. I didn't ask this in a PM because I wanted to get as many mods as possible to answer the question as conveniently as possible.

"Have you ever read the ENTIRE first thread and the second thread? You should. It would clear up some of these misconceptions you have about us, our origins, and what we're truly about."

LOL... Cult propaganda! :p

"Why should the BYS have to make any sort of peace offering? They do nothing except post in their thread, yet they are constantly the target of attacks. Why can't the people who take part in said attacks just, you know, ignore them?"

I envision the peace offering of the Green Yoda thread as being a way to give those people a reason to ignore (or at least tolerate) the BYS, to cease the attacks. It's called killing with kindness. Have you ever been in an uneasy conflict with someone and ended that conflict with a handshake and friendship? It works wonders, let me tell ya.

And now, I'd like to see a few mods answer my question, please. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.