main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bringing it up again: Who is Anakin's Father?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by jEdI_kEnObI80, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Aw, dun't like sidious being ani's father...dun't like dooku being ani's father (but i dun't care, funker_pete...it's your choice. i don't discriminate ppl's ideas :D )...best option is mr qui-gon.

2. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm sorry, but i dislike all the ideas...ani has no father.

3. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I would have preferred Anakin's father being a pilot or something that was killed.

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    well lucas preferd to reflect mythology in his story telling. star wars is after all modern mythology. so anakin has no father.

5. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    No dad for Anakin.

6. DarthAblaze

DarthAblaze Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    "But how can the Force summon up a child inside a slave? Why didn't it summon Anakin up in someone else more...um...well, basically someone who is not a slave..?"

I'm sure if the answer to that was known, we'd have a bunch of people using the Force to create super-Anakin's.

Simple answer is...we don't know. Maybe it was some kind of fluke?

Why in a slave? We don't know. Maybe that was a fluke, too.

Is there really a father? Was Shmi lying? Well, ask Lucas. Maybe Anakin just doesn't have any specific genetic father, other than being conceived by the Force.

7. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    why a slave and not sombody more... what? rich powerful politicaly connected.

it's no fluke.

it ties directly into christianaty. mary was a poor woman. she had no conections. the force in this case equals god. gods will. the will of the force placed him where he needed to be. every thing happens for a reason. but we have the choice do do what we want. this is why anakin fails. this is whay it is tragic. anakin is the chosen one but he made bad choices.

8. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    DEBATES! There's a debate in here over who is Ani's father! Yay! I love debates!

Okay, i'll calm down now.

Well...basically, Anakin's dad is a no dad so drop it...

Qui-Gon is Anakin's father?! Hmmm...that sounds wrong, except he and Shmi did have feelings for each other in TPM, and in Terry Brook's novelization of TPM, it said that Qui-Gon had been on Tatooine before. Kinda odd, eh?

9. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    I don't think so...anyone else?

10. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Palpy is anakin's father dont you see

11. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Anakin's father is Midiclorian Skywalker ;)

And now a serious question:

If Anakin has no father and he was conceived by the midiclorians than why isn't he a girl? I know it sounds dumb, but if Ani only has 1 parent and that parent is a girl, than where the heck did the X chromosome come from that made him a boy?

I don't understand it!

12. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    Haha...that's a funny point.

13. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    ANAKIN HAS NO FATHER!

14. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
  15. Mark_Maul

Mark_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    While it is quite possible Anikan just doesn't have a father, what's the harm in speculating? There are quite a few questions lingering about Qui Gonn, and Shmi's lines about raising the kid herself sound suspiciously like there is no father "from a certain point of view".

Lastly, Luke's father was believed to be dead untill ESB. Would you have been so annoyed if somebody suggested Luke's father might show up in ESB prior to it's release?

16. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    you have a good point except there was no build up in aotc. in the ot for luke his father is sombody always talked about. somebody so powerful so great.

for anakin other then the mention that he has no father it is never brought up again. as far as anakin is concerned obi is his father, as close as he can get.

no harm in speculating though I just find it funny.

sorry if I come of as mean or anything. sincerly.

17. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    jar jar knocked up shmi with some deathsticks and rodian moonshine. and then darth maul used the force to make jar jar go away. sidious told his student to stand aside as he did the funky monkey with shmi, but he hit the back end, which made shmi run away, and then she ran into uncle owen who was mad at Beru so he hit that like there was no tomorrow.

BOOYA!!!!

18. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I don't quite understand their theory as much as my own. Yet somehow medi-clorines (SP?) created him within Shimi. However, a better way for me to see this is that Qui-Gon-Ginn had some secert affair. But hey, whatever works for ya, its all up to your mind 8-} .

19. EU-King

EU-King Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    Palpatine is anakin's father so there :p

20. vapors79

vapors79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2003
    It is simple...Anakin has no father. When Lucas originally wrote the star wars movies he created it to represent a microcosm of our world. Mythological and historical. He says this in a conversation on tape with Joseph Campbell the world reknowned mythologist.
    There are no exact representations, but Anakin being born through emaculate conception represents Christ, the force is religion (some believe some don't) True Anakin turns bad which Christ does not.....but this represents that we can sin and in the end be forgiven for our sins and go to heaven (ROTJ last scene where he is seen with Yoda and Obi Wan)
    I am not religious but I heard the tape conversation in a mythology class in college.
    Very interesting that Star Wars represents a lot more than we realize.

21. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Stridarious: Yeah, you can see that Qui-Gon and Shmi have something in Episode I. 8-}

22. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
  23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Anakin was created by the midis and therefore is the Chosen Audio Format. Seriously though his only father genetically is the Force itself.

24. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Goerge Lucas is Anakin's father, just as God is the father of Adam and Jesus.

25. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.