Bringing life to the dead --upping your post count. Legally.

Discussion in 'FanForce Activities' started by Obey Wann, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Another good one is a social thread like this one, Duron's Jedi Tavern & Inn. It's been active for less than a month and has more than 700 posts! I hang out there during the day a lot, because they have day posters and my group's day posters have dwindled from unemployment and company snoopers.
  2. JediWarrior Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Or just find an old sock and get him to pump life into a dead forum ;)
  3. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    As wonderfully effective as the "Word Association" and "Quote-a-thon" or even the ageless "[Insert topical name here] Bar and Grille" threads are at attracting people, what we of Victoria FanForce Oceania have found, is that the one way to totally trounce all opposition in terms of forum vitality, excitement, tight-knitedness and importantly - for a forum that used to average a post every fortnight - life from the dead, is to be totally different and original in a post.

We term it being "random", but to the chic fad of being not-quite-coherent yet with an underlying series of order, wit and uniqueness for new users to join in with is what not only attracts users, but helps to keep them.

VicFF is today, one of the most up-and-coming of any FanForce, from 1000 to 10000 in a matter of months.

And the catalyst for it all that I've been speaking of?

We call it "The Mandalore Dump!!" and it's modelled after a T.V. show in Australia with two comedians "Roy and H.G." whose humour is uniquelly Australian, and Victorian.

It brought in the crowds, and has kept them there.
  4. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I just PMmed everyone that ever posted in the 2 NJ forums and invited them to a new Poll Topic that I created....from there things got a rolling.

But the infuriating thing is that some people come once and then blah...

Their lack of participation has had a bad effect, IMHO, on the threads...

But it is a start...we finally got a meeting taken care of...with #2 about 2 1/2 weeks away.

From there...we can try new things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.