main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Brisbane Supanova - 13 to 15 April 2007

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Yes... I think. Bit stressed though. Got 2 costumes to finish.

2. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I am....... for you guys i mean.

One day when i'm out of school and i've got a good job, i'll come over the BrisNova with you all. Enjoy yourselves and be nice to poor jedi.

3. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm still contemplating going up. Probably won't, but am thinking about it.

hmmmmm

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I look forward to meeting you when you do come up DarthVercetti! :D Heheh We'll be sure to have a good time!

Awwww Well we'd love to have you here Oz_Skipp!! :D

5. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    It was a busy and very exhausting weekend, but I am back now!

I met a number of people from the QLDFF too and they were really nice! Special thanks to Magnus Darcrider for letting me borrow his Luke RotJ ultrasaber for the Movie World Event! You are a champion!!

Pics to come as soon as I can get myself organised.

The sci-fi / fantasy movie world event was a geek's dream. They had a borg corridor set up where the borg came out of the walls and freaked people out, they had our very own Darth Hunky as Vader on stage for a Star Wars scene they set up (I think he is still grinning about it) and the whole park was alive with atmosphere. Not only were Novus Ordo / 501st people spread out around the park and creating atmosphere, but a lot of people came along in costume. Everyone from little kids to adults!

Even Bugs and Lola bunny were dressed as Luke and Leia :)

The supanova event itself was also really good, as always there was too much on and not enough time to do everything :(

To the QLDFFers reading this, you are always welcome in SAFF ;)

6. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    Man, this supanova was insanely good, but Movie World was the best thing EVER. Nothing will ever make me feel as good as i did, walking down the main street of movie world, filled with fog, as people start to be revealed i fire up the MR lightsaber and the only thing i can think about, is how they feel when they see this shadowy figure coming out of the fog with a lightsaber along with the mechnical clicking of my feet on the ground....

7. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    It was such a fantastic weekend! I had so much fun, and the movieworld event was incredible! It was wonderful to meet new people, and finally meet Darth Hunky without the mask ^_^

But I miss you guys already!!! Glad to hear you had a safe trip home Alison *hugs*

8. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Pics from Pete of castlesoftware.com.au from the Movie World event...

[image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/666-1/IMG_6187b.jpg] [image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/664-1/IMG_6116ab.jpg] [image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/668-1/IMG_6243b.jpg] [image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/670-1/IMG_6252b.jpg] [image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/672-1/IMG_6257b.jpg] [image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/d/661-1/IMG_6114ab.jpg]

That's Last_Chael and Rena and I in the first pic, and Reactor Drone, Last_Chael and I in the last one. The smoke and lighting was fun with the lightsaber glow.

Luke, Abi, I wish I could have stuffed you both in my suitcase to bring home with me! [:D] [face_love] I miss you both :(

9. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Looks great, there's some awesome costumes at the Movie World event. Did everyone know that it was on beforehand or was it sprung on you all?

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Photos look awesome Starfire!, looks like you all had a wonderful time....glad to hear it. ;) :)

11. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Novus Ordo was invited a few months in advance to work at it, so we knew about it... There were probably close to 30 of us there who were considered staff for the evening, but the general public didn't know we would be there. There were an amazing number of guests attending Movie World in costume. I've never seen so many people in costume before. Not even at a convention.

12. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Master Phoenix

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Costumes/MasterPhoenix2.jpg]

13. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Wow, that is a beautiful rotoscoping job sweetie!!! Thank you [:D][face_love]

14. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    those pics are awesome :cool:
    looks like you had a wicked time.
    some day i am going to make it to one of these.

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Looks like a great event. Perhaps if I start saving now, I'll be able to afford to go to both BrisNova AND SydNova next year [face_thinking]

16. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    There are plans to do the Movie World thing again next year, as it was so successful this year ;)

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    The smoke did add that atmosphere ... the photos are fantastic! :D

18. Darth_Hunky

Darth_Hunky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    Movieworld was mind-blowing. Period.

They set up a scripted play for some of us to participate in - I lead a squad of troopers out of the fog, as Vader, to the Imperial Death March, with a few thousand people lining the street, big screen showing the whole thing, before kneeling before the 'Emperor'. Major goose-bumps.

Also got this (hehe):

[image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/Jedi_Matt/scan0001.jpg]

19. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Please tell me it was caught on film! [face_praying]

Strange that Billy signed 'Lando' under his name ... it's not like he would've been mistaken for Harvey Dent from 'Batman' :p

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd love to see that too Hunky!!, sounds awesome!

21. Darth_Hunky

Darth_Hunky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    'Twas awesome.

I heard it was filmed. Paul @ N.O. is gonna chase it up! Fingers crossed!

22. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
  23. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Those photos turned out great! It's fun hunting around for them :p

I'm small SP I'm sure I would have fitted!!

The movieworld event was incredible, the atmosphere was just electric! IT's hopefully going to be on again next year, it would be wonderful for everyone to come!! :D

MS that's an amazing job with the RSing on the photo! Looks jsut like a poster :D SP is so photogenic!

24. Darth_Nugget

Darth_Nugget Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    HEEEEY YOU GUUYYS!!
    I finally signed up tonight, told ya I would Alison and Thanks for the invite@};-

I miss you South Aussies already [:D]

All going well I should be down your way end of year and hope I am welcome to Troop with you guys if there's one on. [face_batting]

25. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Well hey there, ol Nugget ol pal! :p

Come on down! You and anyone from anywhere is always welcome to come troop with us! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.