main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Brisbane Supanova 2008 ( 4 - 6 April )

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Because I was bored and thought there should be an official thread I can link to in the War Room :p

-- Brisbane Supanova 2008: 4 - 6 April @ the RNA Showgrounds. Bee There Orr Bee A Rectangular Thyng...

And I heard somewhere that Jewel Staite is coming. :eek: (I can't find the official statement of that though [face_worried] It's apparently somewhere on the Supanova site...)

Anywho, that's it from me for now. [face_whistling]

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Just popping in to say that I have posted here <----- See :p

3. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought I'd get the discussion going :D

At the moment my costume plans are tentative, but with Jewel coming, I'm working on a Kaylee costume. I've already approached a few people about doing a Firefly/Serenity group again, but thought I'd throw it out there to the wider population.

So anyone up for Fireflying it up for Jewel?

I'm not sure which day I'll be Kaylee-ing, but I'll know closer to the date.

I'm also considering doing Dr Keller's costume from Atlantis (Jewel's character), and I'm planning on having Wonder Woman done as well. I have a few other ideas, but they may change as more guests are announced.

4. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    *flails arms* I'm in :)

I'll be putting together an Inara costume of some sort. That should be fun.

5. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Yayyyyyyyy, Master Skywalker and I will be coming up for this, looking forward to seeing everyone again!!! :)

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
  7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Timmy and I have decided that if we come then we'll probably be going as BattleStar Galactica characters (Starbuck and Apollo) - which means we'll have to start collecting pieces soon.

Kithera

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oooh still have my BSG one from last year. Dog tags are somewhere........

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Got my BSG green uniform too now :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    yes you do :p

I do have Cally still, and I even have her fringe now :p If Nicky comes to Brissie I'll put it on for a bit, but I've got other costumes that I'll be wearing.

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    From what I can work out it's basically green cargoes, a gray shirt, black singlet and dog tags.

Hmmm, now where to get green cargoes from.

Kithera

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Me in mine

That's about it Kit :)

And you do have the blonde haired cool Kara look

13. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    From what I remember it was hard to find the backwards-inner black singlets..

14. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Brandon was getting his black shirts custom made from the US. If I wear Cally again, I had planned on making my own black shirt. I found the 'backwards' shirt to be rather uncomfortable and pretty much strangled me when I wore it. But it seems pretty easy enough to modify and make one :D

Really depends on how accurate you wanna be. I just wore a pair of green cargo pants, but then i was wearing overalls over the top, so no one ever saw much of them. I'm pretty happy with how accurate Brandon's BDU mod was, but then he was going for accuracy.

You could always do Starbuck's comfy zip up jumper :D You'd just need a grey bonds hoodie (or any brand hoodie really) and then stitch (or use iron on interfacing) a patch to it. You can get the patches online for about $15 I think.

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I think I have a spare patch lying around here somewhere... [face_thinking]

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006

I know this is a Brisnova thread, but shmeh.

Sydnova and Perthnova get Hayden Panettiere for a guest :eek:

17. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I'd probably be more excited if I'd seen more than 11 episodes :p

That's cool, great perk for Nova! Not enough to make me want to travel there though. There's not really any memorable costumes from Heroes anyways.

18. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Actually seeing a group go as Kensei, Hiro, and the "princess" would be excellent.

19. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Yup...still only seen up to season 1 episode 11....so it's kinda lost on me!

20. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmm... [face_whistling]
    [image=http://www.aphexddb.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/pic_11936009173448.thumbnail.jpg]
    [face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling]

21. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Like I said: the one and only thing that would get me in costume was a full 9-person TF2 group. Nothing half-ass, it would have to be the full thing. I could pull off medic, engineer or soldier. That's all I'm gonna say. I have no vast desire to dress up, but I wouldn't be able to resist the call of TF2.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    If I wasn't already over-committing myself on the costuming front, I'd be in on a TF2 group like Flynn.

No idea who I could get away with though, being all... not a guy and everything. [face_thinking]

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Well the medic and the scout are female in that pic, so really, anything goes.

If you're serious BBN, could you dig up some more images; both of the group shots and the character models?

I was going to buy a blue suit anyway. Could always use it for the Spy :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I suppose being diminutive you could do the scout, or being bespectacled you could do the medic...

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    This is true. Lemme realign my over-committed costume schedule and I'll get back to this. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.