Phx BroadCon*07 - The Very 1st JBS Summit

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Feb 2, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Seeing as I am having a little trouble with the website at the moment, I?m just gonna post the details until I can get it all worked out.

WHO: Calling All Broads!
    WHAT: BroadCon*07 - The Very First JBS Summit
    WHEN: August 3rd ? August 5th, 2007
    WHERE: Glenwood Springs, CO
    WHY: Getting the JBS together to plan for world domination? I mean, enjoying each other?s company over good food (read: ZOO?s cooking), and sharing some great times together.
    ACTIVITIES: Hanging Lake Hiking Trail, ZOOgria, relaxing in the historic Hot Springs Pool, a trip to the artisan village of Redstone, CO, maybe even some people watching in Aspen. Mostly it?s just Broad?s hanging out a having a great time together.

I currently have reservations at three different places, depending entirely on the number of people willing to commit to the trip. I?ll have to get firm commitments (including a deposit ? to be determined later) from people by the end of April in order to pull this one off. I have been working out the different scenarios, and my biggest deciding factor has been to keep the total cost of the weekend at less than $200 (not including airfare). That price includes lodging, passes to the pool, fuel, food, and ZOOgria, and the more people, the easier it is for me to get the price down. My ultimate goal is to get it in at $150 for the weekend, and for many of you (catching those excellent Southwest Fares), that?s a whole three days of vacation for a measly $250 (with airfare).

So, talk amongst yourselves? Get your calculations in order and decide if this is something you want to do. I am ready, willing and able to pull this one off, if you ladies want it. And as is usual? Cuddly Evilness will prevail for the weekend. :D
  2. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Budget?

Check.

Ready for the mass insanity that is a gathering of Broads?

Check.

Vacation request in?

Must do, but can do since I have a date to request off and have enough vacation time for said request.

I'm so excited for this! :D
  3. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So far I have 3 confirmed *Out of Towners* and several locals... Let's see just how big we can make this thing. :)
  4. TyriaTainer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, as I'm sure you know, I'm in! Can't wait to see who all would be coming!
  5. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You are one of the 3. ;)
  6. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Vacation request turned in today. :) I'll keep an eye out on airfare.
  7. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can I be the official photog?
  8. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    QuiGon: Sorry, but I think even the photographer is going to have to be a Broad at this one. ;)

So, Southwest has internet one-way specials to/from Denver at $59 (so $120 before taxes and fees). Not bad, but I'll stay watchful for better. :)
  9. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    $59 is the regular fare amount... YOu can get that anytime. :p If you use DING! you can get alerted to the $49 fare special. :)

Sadly, I think they did away with the $39 fare special. :(
  10. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    is the 120 the one you have to get weeks in advance?
  11. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  12. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh man oh man oh man, if it's going to be THAT cheap, I'd better go! This is ZOO's cooking we're talking about here!

I'll put in a vacation request on Saturday. :-D
  13. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woooo HooooO!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes 4 out of towners. :D

I am suggesting that people get the earliest possible flight that Friday at the latest... It's a little bit of a drive to Glenwood, so I want to make sure we all get there before dark. ;)

And Linda... Some of us are having a little film festival the Thursday before. But since this is a PG-13 board, I can't tell you what it is. [face_devil] You can either ask Carol or call me for info. :D
  14. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    dang it! put the out of towners count back at 3. I am going to the Florida in August (which is gonna be awesome, but i'm bummed the airfare was only that cheap during hurricane season).
  15. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bump...

There's still time [face_mischief]
  17. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The cabin is confirmed, the menu has been selected, the road trip planned out, the media selections are being discussed, and the madness is now one month from occuring.

[face_skull] Be afraid... Be very afraid. [face_skull]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby