main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broke Down and Got Firefly DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok I finally broke down and got the Firefly DVD's today (started to watch the series, but night school took over and never did get to watch past the pilot.) Also picked up Serenity..but already have been told NOT to watch until after I see the whole series.

So there..now another new thing to get hooked into..

I hope you are all happy! [face_whistling] :D

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Eeexcellent. Things are proceding exactly as I have forseen.

:eek: What the....I'm chanelling Sid now?!?

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got one of my friends hooked on Firefly, lent him the DVDs, and we just watched Serenity tonight.

GREAT MOVIE!

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Just think, "Brian Daley's Han Solo" and you'll get a huge grin on your face. Granted, the character(s) evolve in their own directions, but that first episode, as soon as I met the main character, I sat up straight and blurted, "Holy...! That's Brian Daley's HAN!!!!"

5. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Are you suggesting that I'm... manipulative?

Really, I'm quite offended, I mean, all those people made their own choices, didn't they? It's not like I used some kind of Jedi Mind Trick on anyone, is it?

*smiles as a halo appears over his head then frowns as it clatters to the floor*

Oh, dear, Anakin, pick that up will you please? That's a good boy.

P.S. "Excellent" is Monty Burn's line, BTW.

As far as Master K. finally getting the clue, GOOD.

Mrs. K. is on the last episode of disc 3, hopefully she'll finish soon.

Now you just need to check out Lost and your quality entertainment experience will be... complete!

*grins his best used speeder salesman smile*

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, egg on my face for a typo, meant to say Mrs. Sid.

No idea who Mrs. K. is. Heh, Mrs. Kenobi. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I mean, really, who'd marry that crazy old whacko anyway. I mean all old Obi-Whine does is sit in the desert and mope about the past.

And seriously, call the fashion police, he's still wearing the same duds he was almost two decades ago, just keeps patching them up. Between him and that dump he rents he could qualify for major Imperial Extreme Makeover. That is if he ever got up off the couch.

Oh, he used to occasionally peek in on some kid somewhere, but the locals complained and told the perv to quit spying on children or they will call the troopers. That stopped him, heh, with his holo vid shy nature I'll bet he ain't gonna be signing the "Can we use your image?" waiver on the next episode of TROOPS anytime ever.

And get this: I hear he supposedly thinks he's been talking to the dead too. Bad enough he's mumbling to himself, now he thinks someone dead is actually answering.

Like that could happen.

He's got midi whazis on the brain, ya ask me.

Pah, I'll bet that one day he's gonna just up and vanish. He'll probably wander off on some damn fool crusade or stumble upon a pair of angry Krayt's mating at his front door and game over, he's dragon chow. Or maybe he'll run into one of his old "best buddies" who will see the wreck he's become and off him just out of pity, or revenge more likely.

I mean, who'd be nuts enough to wanna live ON PURPOSE on that bland endless beach planet after all? Sand getting into everything, I mean EVERYTHING, no clean water, no waves to surf, heck no standing water of any kind except when someone dumps their septic out. You know, like his board must have gone way to dust by now, not to mention other things as well, ahem.

No wonder he's alone, he never liked speeders, or swoops, or flying, or friends, or good times at all. About the only things he seem to get off on are cheap parlor tricks, screwing with the local trooper's heads (like that's difficult, just ask them to MULTIPLY) and drinking Jawa Beer at the local cantina.

And that stuff tastes WAAAAY disgusting. Ever tried Jawa Beer? Want to know what those lowlife alien scavengers put into it? Ever wonder where they have been or what they are REALLY like under those robes?

No, my friend, No you DON'T, trust me, it's all BEE - AAY - DEE stuff. Just the drink itself would peel the paint off Jabba's palace faster than the sandstorms do.

And don't get me started on THAT slug who thinks he runs the place. Everyone talks about "His Slimeness", but they never talk about how his breath just REEKS after what he calls "dinner"... And from what I hear anyway, "he" used to be a "she". You know, amphibians and their crazy DNA...

*blinks at the image and just seems to mentally overload*

Now what was I talking about?

Nevermind, I'm going back to my margarita. HEY YOU! Yeah YOU Trooper, I said no salt, NO SALT in my margarita! You got that? And don't forget the little umbrella either!

Can't find good help anymore, damn.

(For those who may not get the joke, this is a humorous rant on the character Obi-Wan Kenobi. It it not intended to describe any actual living person. If you still don't get it, *points to the title on the main page "irreverent side of the force"* Just keeping up with our motto.)

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Yes, if you haven't watched the show and watch Serenity you'll be wondering what all the talk has been about. But after watching the series, it becomes a WHOLE another thing.

Eventhough fans would have liked the series to have gone on longer, in terms of sheet art, its poetry. There is a clear progression from the beginning of the series to the end of Firefly. Plus, the show never had to succumb to "jumping the shark".

It really is something special.

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ahhh Sid..you never fail to amuse. Oh, those crazy Sith and their rantings.
    I need some Jawa Juice now. :D

How far have you gotten into Firefly, Master K? I fully expect you to be watching them while you recover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.