main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broken Allegiance 2: The fanfilm that never quite made it - secrets revealed!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vidman, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    As a thanks and tribute to all the people that worked hard on BA2 prior to its cancellation, I have released a page on the BA website showcasing the script, artwork, behind the scenes video plus much more about the production from conception to cancellation.

You can view everything that was to be BA2 here:

Broken Allegiance 2 page

Enjoy!

:)

2. Saintstoryteller

Saintstoryteller Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2000
    Man, canceling this project must have been absolutely heartbreaking.

Here's to hoping that your next project goes off without a hitch.

Thanks for sharing.

Story

3. DanielKnight

DanielKnight Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Brilliant! That would have been an amazing script to have watched. The fight scene alone as raw rehearsal footage was damn near epic.

But, meh? I?m certain the original project is going to be a more solid step in the right direction for you as a film maker ? and I cheer from the sidelines with ever step you make.

------------
    Daniel Knight

4. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    May I say how disappointed I was to hear the folding of this project, and having read the proposed script from start to finish, how FANTASTIC this film would have been. I LOVE the character development of Korbain Thor - he's self-centred, twisted, but with a fantastically satirical sense of humour. He's great.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow, this would have been a great script. I only hope that, as good as this is, the original sci-fi feature matches- or, daresay, surpasses- this.

6. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    I'll have to read the script at home. But I almost wanna cry at the fact that we won't see that fight scene completed :_|

7. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Cool!

8. GrgurMG

GrgurMG Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2003
    Wow Nick, it looks like BA:2 would of been one fanfilm to be reconed with. But hell, just seeing the behind the scenes stuff itself is entertaining and a great contribution to the fanfilm community, in and of itself. ;)

Can't wait to see what your orginal sci-fi project brings to the table.

9. Jedi-Avatar

Jedi-Avatar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Impressive. Most impressive.

A crying shame, really. But that is what happens in the all-volunteer world of fan films, I guess.

Would have been a real hoot too see.

10. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Thanks for doing this Nick. I know BA was the first SW fanfilm I saw so it has had an impact on me, and its too bad that it came up short. It would have been a great sequel. Hope your upcoming project goes well.

11. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    That's a really nice script. I should visit these boards more - I missed the news.

This is off subject, but what software did you use to format this script? It looks nice, and I'd like to try using it. :)

12. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Great script, I really enjoyed it. Sucks it didn't make it to the screen.

13. Humvee

Humvee Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2004
    Not much for watching "Crouching Bounty Hunter, Hidden Sith Aprentice" in a Star Wars film.

Hey what worked for BA, looked like you were going for in BA2, the having the female characters wear tight costumes & infact take it up a notch having some wear costumes that were revealing.Thats good to see your catering for a certain demographic.

You do know that fedadriene is a performance inhancing drug.Must be why they are so sick in the BA2 script, Korbain not getting his happy juice.

14. Vidman

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks guys. Glad you liked it.
    As you say its a shame the film will never be made, we were very happy with how the script turned out.

The script was written using Final Draft which has the option to save out as a PDF file.

15. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    I. Must. Steal. Script...

[face_plain]

16. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    Did ya'll run out of bandwidth or something? I'm at home now and I'm getting a 404. I wanna watch that fight scene again :_|

17. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Started reading the script and was captured instantly. I like how it is picking up after the New Republic is formed. Were Paul and Niobe going to have makeup add some age to them or no?

18. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Am I the only one who didn't like the script?

Thanks for sharing the details of this project though. Looks like it was a lot of fun while it lasted. Good luck with the original project!

19. Nosh_Dir85

Nosh_Dir85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
    Yes, you were. Bummer guys, although I'm glad it didn't turn into an animated short, wouldn't have been as good. Good luck with the original piece.

20. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Loved the ending of the script.

It's a shame, but c'est la vie.

21. Vidman

Jan 18, 2001
    Paul and Niobe wouldnt have needed aged makeup since BA2 only took place about 1½ years after BA, and approximately a few months after Return of the Jedi.

22. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    So BA was really only set between ESB and ROTJ? I guess I am going by the EU info that has been added in. Man, maybe one day when you finish with your feature you will all come back and say "Hey we now have time, what the heck? Lets try again." Watched every single little movie file and was completely blown away. The details in CGI, the fights, and the strength of the characters is so much stornger and its obvious there was more meat to this story. It would have surpassed BA and probably would have been a huge hit. Maybe time will let an oppurtunity arise in the future.

23. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Perhaps posting this stuff really early on would've aided the funding effort.

24. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    It probably would have. Perhaps one day.

25. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    It wasn't funding that sent it under; funding was actaully fairly good, from what I know. (My donation was not inconsiderable... *looks forward to the original film*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.