main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BROKEN ALLEGIANCE Trailer B

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Nick Hallam has given us a great new trailer for his film, BROKEN ALLEGIANCE. If this doesn't get you excited, nothing will.

Two dark jedi flee the planet Coruscant but must fight for their freedom when Darth Vader engages the Super Star Destroyer Executor and vicious bounty hunter to track them down.

BROKEN ALLEGIANCE Trailer B

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Yess! Its here downloading the small version now so I can watch the closing cermony without distraction...

Edit: Great job! Looks great, wish you'd say the realse date though

3. MrSnow

MrSnow Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    Simply AMAZING!

If I didnt know any better id think it was a production by a major studio, surely Broken Alliegence will raise the bar for quality fanfilms. Great job Vids and crew.

4. Marchitn

Marchitn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2000
    THIS IS WHAT FAN FILMS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS IS LIKE A DUALITY KNIGHTQUEST AND BOUNTY TRAIL ROLED INTO ONE IF YOU DONT THINK THIS LOOKS AWSOME YOU HAVE ISSUES

5. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    well, duality had better saber fights and CG since they used Electric Image :p

6. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'm stoked, this looks like the fanfilm to beat knightquest

7. robot619

robot619 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2001
    The following opinion might actually mean something if it wasn't just another sock of a disgruntled person.

Goodbye Mr. Troll. Join your other socks I have banned.

-Azeem

---
    I would have to agree with Macho, Duality and Knightsquest are still the superior fanfilms and both have better sabre fights and effects. Personally,I feel let down by all the hype surrounding this film as I expected to be totally blown away by this so called "super fan film" touted by Mr Azeem which has not been the case its a reasonable trailer effort, but nothing that we haven't seen before. Azeem you seem to get excited at very little these days?

Nevertheless, we can only hope the finished film isn't such a let down as your trailer. :(

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Pretty good. But once the world was given "Bedtime for Bonzo", starring Ronald Reagan and a chimpanzee, all other films pale in comparison by default.

:p

GREAT JOB GUYS!!! This really looks awesome beyond belief... can't wait to see the finished product.

9. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    i'll have to download this trailer sometime. Sounds like it could be good... :)

MTFBWY
    -DM

10. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    VID:
    Very nice Trailer - looking to be an exciting film.

MACHO ... would you PLEASE SHUT UP about Electric Image. :mad:

Starblade .... better go, your MOMMY is calling you. (YOU FAT LOSER)

11. UFOtypeE

UFOtypeE Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    Not to insult the trailer, I think it's great, but MAN those sabers are not very impressive, I've seen much better.

Other than that, great job

12. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    my my my goodness...this looks like quite the film. i tend not to judge effects or acting based on trailers, since you are only seeing a small portion of the total film (although those cg scenes look AMAZING) but over all, the trailer was very well executed and very definitely grabbed my interest!

13. MrSnow

MrSnow Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    Knights Quest a super film? If the acting and script could have been any worse it could have been a SW christmas special. Granted Duality was a great action film, but in my opinion knight quest was a good try, but a bomb. While the fx were top notch, if I wanted to see whiney boring characters blabber crap dialogue id watch star trek voyager. Heres hoping BA is the 1st of many truely great character driven star wars fan films. In fact, I was so impressed with the BA trailer, I registered here just to say so.

14. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    I have to agree with UFOtypeE on the sabers.

But cool trailer! A vast improvement over the first. It flows quite well, was edited nicely, sound is good, CG looks good...
    I like it.

Nice trailer.
    Hope the movie is as spiffy.

15. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    HOLY CRAP PEOPLE ............

This thread was NOT created so that all of you could take pot shots at other films.
    It was merely an announcement that BA TRAILER B was available for download.

Would you at least try to show A LITTLE maturity and respect for your fellow FanFilmmakers.

Honestly, some of you are being utterly RIDICULOUS.

16. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Alright here is my detailed analysis:

Acting:

Dark Jedi leads: The two main characters I am definately impressed with. I think the male character's voice was a tad high when he said "I feel the tremor in the Force.

Korbain Thor (bounty hunter): Although he only has two speaking scenes in this trailer, he overacts in both of them.

Darth Vader: You know, each time I watch KnightQuest I am amazed at how well they portrayed Vader. The actor could really walk the walk, I don't think your Vader can.

Costumes:

Korbain Thor: I still love this costume, it's just really sweet, though the helmet seems way too big in the opening shot of this trailer. Other than that it looks sweet.

Darth Vader: It's hard to see most of the costume but the mask is pretty bad. It looks like the Altmann's Armour mask (licensed for Australlia only)

Stormtroopers: It looks like the armour came from 5 or 6 different places. Some Trooper suits look pretty good, some not so good, and in one shot the helmet looks like a Don Post product.

Cinematography: Damn, what can I say. You have an eye for composition. Lots of beutiful shots and I love that closeup of the female lead at the begining. You definately have a nice way of using color. Too many fan films have no understanding of lighting, you defiantely do.

Effects: Definately impressed with the effects. I liked that Force push towards the begining. The 3D stuff is great as well. The shot where the female lead says "We're defenseless" is a bit overkill on the fire and lightning.

Overall I am still looking forward to seeing this fan film. The only major dissapointment was that I didn't get to hear more of the original soundtrack. I loved the line at the end of the trailer "NOOOO!!!." I think this is still going to be one of the better fan films. Congrats on sticking with it. Any idea when we will see the finished film?

17. UFOtypeE

UFOtypeE Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    Whoa Whoa whoa, calm down JediTAC, your going overboard there.

We're just telling the topic creater what we think, nothing more. He does'nt have to care. But thats why freedom of speech was invented.

Just take the CAPS down a notch, its bad for the health =)

18. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Not sure what problems you're seeing with the sabers, I thought they were great. And even if they didn't quite look like sabers in Phantom Menace, that's one small bone to pick on an otherwise beautiful trailer.

Great shots, acting, compositing, etc.

-MoffJake

19. UFOtypeE

UFOtypeE Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    It's just my opinion jake, if you would like to see the sabers I consider better just take a look at my brother's work. =)

20. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    In the words of the immortal Zero Mostel, from the funniest film of all time, "The Producers," :

"WOW-EE-WOW-WOW-WOW!"

I am...just wow. That's all I can say. If this trailer is only a small idea of what the movie will be, then this movie is gonna rock yer socks off.

Can't wait to see this flick. The bounty hunter's ship is freaking awe-inspiring.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

21. DarthJamesMScott4th

DarthJamesMScott4th Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    Spoiler alert.

Do I detect a little romance in the air?
    I(being a sentimental old softie) always thought romance was a good idea in a fan film. Now I get to see if I was right.
    Dark Jedi in love. Cool!

May the Force be with you,

Darth Jim

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPERIOR!

22. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, here's my comments (not that anyone cares).

ACTING: I think the acting looked great. The bad guy with the orange saber reminds me of a British sitcom star...not sure why.

CAMERA ANGELS AND COMPOSITION: Right on. Looked fabulous. I love how they used low and high camera angles, and how they dollied. My camera shots are all still in my upcoming fanfilm..cause the only two people where me and the guy in the scene...so we had no camera person.

COSTUMES: VERY COOL

VISUAL EFFECTS: Bluescreening was great! CG sets where nicely modeled, but not so well lit. But I couldn't do better. The space battle animations where cool, but lacked realism. BUT the CG planets where AWESOME! Nice textures. The force push on the female lead....THAT WAS FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!! Lightsabers....look more like painted than glowing.

FEMALE LEAD: She's kinda hot....

FINAL THOUGHTS: I can't really make a judgement call on the story yet. Looks interesting. I actually hope it's better than KnightQuest.(not to fond of KnightQuest...kinda cheesy...BUT THE EFFECTS ROCKED! I guess the whole "Good thing we practiced falling to our deaths off a 5,000ft cliff." kinda made me think "Ooookk...if you say so...) Anyway...it already looks way better than my fanfilm....good work!

23. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Toren/Pixel:

I find it pretty interesting how you can "review" this film's qualities from just the TRAILER.

Here's a novel idea . . . . how about WAITING FOR THE FILM TO BE RELEASED before reviewing all of it's qualities.

And UFO . . . . . . .
    As a NEWBIE, I forgive you. As you hang around and participate a little more,
    you'll come to know me and how I communicate.
    ;)

24. KC0GRN

KC0GRN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2001
    Okay and now for my humble comments. I looked at BA's website and was quite amazed at all the people in the production photos.

Puts my ragtag team way in perspective. I mean they had alot of people working on this film. That in itself seems rather impressive to me at least.

The trailer was good, liked how the music flowed right along with it, guess that's what you get when you have your own score :)

I agree the sabers don't look terribly great like Clay's, but perhaps that will change in the movie itself. I think the space scenes were okay, but could use some improvement, all the same better than I could do anyways, and again maybe it'll look better in the film.

All in all, great job people!

Always nice to put in a nice comment or something. I can only hope if I ever post my group's accomplishments, people will be a little merciful to us (seeing as we're new to filming and all that goes with it).

25. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    "One can't judge a book by it's cover"

YES...you can.

Example: If you see a book about Barney the friendly Purple dinosaur...are you going to read it? Didn't think so.

JediTAC: We know how you communicate. You have a natural immaturaty...and we forgive you.

P.S. Don't listen to things I say tonight, I may come off as rude...but you'll have to forgive me..I'm sick and on medication and my sinuses feel like they are going to explode. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.