BROKEN ALLEGIANCE Trailer B

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    edited - it's late and I'm grumpy. :mad:

2. JHoffaOLB Jedi Knight

star 2
    Excellent job folks, can't wait to see this film. It gave me a chill halfway through the trailer, not unlike the ones we all get from the Lucasfilm trailers. It looks like you had a lot of fun making this and it shows just from the trailer. And more than anything, it amazes me at how close to LF production quality some of these films are coming.
    Keep up the great job and ignore the naysayers
  3. ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys the trailer was great. It's going to be a great film. I didn't see as much of Niobe as I wanted too, but even a glimpse would satisfy my lonesome heart. Keep it up guys, can't wait till it's released.
  4. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Oh yeah, looking very good folks!

Much slicker than trailer A, it seems you have some additional talent on board now. Vidman, Good to see you've sorted out your bluescreening then :)

The 3D work was very nicely done, and integrates well with the actors. There where a few real gems in there. Looks like it's gonna be a good one, I am now 'pumped' :D

Put's on Mod hat:
    To you agrumentative soles: Just give your opinions and move on. It's a trailer release, meant to generate excitement. If this was my trailer release thread I'd be a little sad with the amount of bickering in the first twenty posts. These types of fanfilm are the reason we should all be hanging around the forum, so just enjoy them for what they are. By all means give us your opinions, (good or bad) but don't argue with other people because they don't share your opinions. It makes for unpleasant reading, and must be a little annoying for the film-maker.
  5. niennumb1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh for crying out loud! Quit comparing things to Duality. This looks FAR better than duality. It looks like I would sure give a rip about the characters in THIS film going into battle than that Duality feature. I had no sympathy toward anyone fighting, it was just a good fight sequence and that was it.

Broken Allegiance looks like it has a great story and character development. THAT'S WHAT I CARE ABOUT!!! Story is everything. Effects without a story is a pretty d@mn boring thing.

Killer job on that trailer! I very much look foward to seeing your finished movie!
  6. Avene Jedi Master

star 4
    A very nice looking trailer! Lots of colour, smooth compositing and all the rest. The aussie bush has never looked so good! Impressive stuff. There's only one shot that kind of bugs me, and that's where the camera pans following the shuttle at about 0:54. Not sure what it is though. Definitely looking forward to the completed film.
  7. darynvallon Jedi Knight

star 1
    AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

IT'S LOOK FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M MOST MOST IMPRESSED !!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VIDMAN ! THIS IS JUST GREAT.

ARrrrrrggggggggg .... You killed me Vidman.
    Greg.
  8. The_Iron_One Jedi Knight

star 1
    IN"FREAKIN"SANE OMG! MY JAW IS ON THE FLOOR!!!! Nice work man,i literally got chills from watching it.

cant wait to see it!
  9. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Good work on the trailer, looks like you have a lot of footage to choose from :)

I thought the mirrored troops on the ground was funny, but effective :)

I like the model for you bounty hunter ship, nice design.
  10. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. Oddly enough, it looked EXACTLY like the bounty hunter's ship we had planned for Knight's Dawn. Puh! Gotta start from scratch now... 8-}

But really, I'll leave this thread alone. No, really. I will.
  11. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow.

I CANNOT wait for this film.

Finally, someone who has an eye for shot composition is making a fan film. Not to detract from other fan film, but this guy knows what he's doing.

Oh, and the sabers look great.
  12. Assassin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just saw this advertised on the Force Net's main page. All I can say is WOW!

I was very impressed by the film quality. I'd be curious to know what type of camera they used. The bluescreened sets looked fantastic as well.

Look forward to the finished goods!

BTW....I think some of the people here are being a bit harsh on the lightsabers.
  13. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW! What a trailer!

Fantastic work to all involved. While the behind-the-scenes shorts focused on different areas, this really gives a feel for the excitement, action and intesity we may expect from the completed work. Everything shown, (Acting, photography, storyline, CGI, sabers, and more) looks absolutely stunning!

Take all the time you feel you need, but there are MANY of us dying to see the finished film!!!

Have fun!
  14. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    "Take all the time you feel you need"

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! ;)
  15. Darth_Lord Jedi Master

star 2
    Well you finally made it Nick : an Ass-kicking movie :D

This is really better than i expected, and i'm happy to see everybody loves it ;)

Well i'm a bit disapointed that some people don't like the saber effects we have been working so hard on :(
    I'd like to tell them just not to compare saber FX with extreme-saber-maker such as Clay Kronke because if you do so, then EVERY fanfilms actually have bad saber effects next to kronke's ones
    And not to judge the movie by the special effects but by the excellent story and the action.

16. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoyed the entire trailer. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I watched it close to 8 times, and the last several times I hooked my puter up to my big screen HDTV and took at peek. Even on my tv it looked amazing.

I hear a lot of comparisons to Knightquest and Duality. Both films had their share of flaws imho, but I love each one for a variety of reasons. However, I wish someone would compile one high quality file for Knightquest for those with cable modems. Separating it into parts is a nightmare when watching on the tv from the computer.

Anyhow, Broken Allegience should be one fantastic film. If I had to say I'm worried about one thing, it would be the original score. Hopefully the orchestra worked out its intonation problems prior to recording. That's the only thing that really jumped out at me when watching the behind the scenes work and trailers.
  17. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to tell them just not to compare saber FX with extreme-saber-maker such as Clay Kronke because if you do so, then EVERY fanfilms actually have bad saber effects next to kronke's ones

That is not necessarily true, I have seen some sabers in fan films that look as good or better than Clay's. His sabers are good, but not the best. What I am saying is take all these peoples comments as constructive criticism, but in the end it is your preference. I hope you guys are making the movie for yourselves first and the internet voltures second :)
  18. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Crunchy:

It would be easier to take people's comments as contructive if they would MAKE THEM constructive.

So far, all I have seen are pot shots at the sabers, costumes, dialogue, etc. I have seen NO suggestions or constructive comments on how, perhaps, the sabers might be improved, or the dialogue might be better utilized.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and biting criticism.
    So far, this thread has comtained primarily the latter.

Pretty sad.
  19. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Hey Darth Lord,

Don't worry about the sabre comments. With lightsabres, it seems you can please some of the people some of the time etc., In about a week we're going to create a poll showing (approximately) 10 different lightsabre recipes. I bet you there won't be a runaway victory for any one method/clip.

What one person likes, the next person maybe doesn't.
  20. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    I couldn't agree more TAC and Daft

I for one liked the costumes, Vader's helmet seemed a bit small but it still looked very nice. I like the bounty hunter's costume, it matches his ship, lol :)

For our sabers, we wrote our own software, by we I mean Darel Finley, and we also added a 'flicker' to the blades like it was in the OT. I think for your sabers, in some of the shots they look a little too hard of a core, but as I said before, if you like what you have and are happy with it, don't change anything...

Love the forest shots :)
  21. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a little surprising to me that, in a forum that still jibes Duality on "lack of plot" (not my opinion), that a film with the depth and quality that this shows is being disected for the way its light sabers glow.

Oh, well.

Have fun!
  22. mikearman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Congratulations on a great looking trailer! It really conveyed a lot of strong emotion that I hope comes through in the final film. I'm really looking forward to it!
    --Mike
  23. Shawn PTH Jedi Master

star 4
    I just have to say this was a very well put together trailer. The visuals were great telling you the story but keeping you wondering. And the sound editing, mainly the music was extremely well done. It really worked with and propelled the visuals. This is the kind of trailer work that studios pay hundred of thousands for. I think for the first time on a trailer for a fan film it held my attention the entire time and the thought started running through my head, I cant wait till this comes out.

Working with as many special effects as I do I have my personal opinions about the sabres and some of the rotoscoping for the lightning etc. But they are well enough done that it didnt detract from the over all visual presence. I wasnt distracted by them.

People have to keep in mind there are two mind sets you have to use while making a film that will show on the internet. The first is the one that caters to the people that sit there, download the film and just watch it all the way through and are done. They have taken away something and feel satisfied with what they have seen.

Then there is the mindset for the people who watch things over and over, frame by frame in order to scrutinize the effects and look for mistakes.

A lot of times when your doing effects for a film you have to make some decisions as to which mindset your going to use on each effect. BA's sabres look perfectly fine in full motion just watching the trailer. This is a choice in the detail want to put in. While i can frame by frame through the trailer I can stop at those and say, Wow there are better ways they could have done that. but at the same time I can stop at other effects and just stare at the single frame with a grin at how well an effect was done. I totaly respect these choices and I know I have had to make them before.

All in All I think it was an excelent trailer and my hat is off to you folks.
  24. silva_p Jedi Knight

star 1
    BEAUTIFUL TRAILLER very well done! i didnt find those sabers bad at all - wish my sabers looked like that!
    costumes were fine music was great... looking very forward to it...

BTW - hope to release our (The GreenTytac Padawan) trailler soon =) not very much to see there though... just 3 CG shots some text some credits some logos... you know...
  25. Jedi_Icicle Jedi Master

star 1
    Excellent job! Looks very exciting! Acting looked good, CG looks good, audio sounds good and the story seems interesting. Looking forward to this one! Great production values too!

Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.