main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Broken - An Episode III Duel - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh wow, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those teasers for Wild Knights. I cannot wait. When did you say it will be ready? Well, whenever that is--it's too long!!

but I wanted to explain the line in ANH when Vader tells Ben he should never have come back

See and I never even thought it needed explaining. :D I always took it as they figured he was dead, he should have stayed that way because now he will be dead for certain(or so Vader thinks). So he should "not have come back", as in "from the dead". To me that makes sense in terms of "when I left I was but the learner, now I am the master". Vader emphasizes the I, he's definitely got an almost obsessive one-sided competition thing going on with Obi-Wan throughout the whole OT--I can't see he'd have any reason to feel that way if he'd handily defeated Obi-Wan in EP III. Even through all that armor and face mask, it seems like Vader is just itching for this fight, like he has something to prove. The reason it continues afterwards would be because Obi-Wan's body disappeared and Vader can't help but think Obi-Wan's gotten one up on him again, even after striking the death blow, especially once he learns his son was with Obi-Wan on the Death Star and is now fighting for the rebels.

This story, though, makes this kind of ending almost acceptable to me--almost. ;)

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I am happy everyone seems to have enjoyed the "Wild Knights" teaser. It was just some raw clips that I posted, by time the story is posted they will be a lot clearer. :)

It will be posted in June is all I can say for sure. Keep an eye out in my signature. I will keep you updated on the progress there and post a starting date as soon as I know when it will be ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.