main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broken Armor

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by tx1573, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    To those of you who wear armor and have been doing so for a while. I need some help. I have two thigh pieces that split in the back any suggestions on repairing or replacing these pieces. I thought about fiberglasssing them back together. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Note to self Use Bigger Letters when you post a new topic. Hmmm maybe the fiberglass option. Have to find a way to remove rivets and replace them.

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, i have worn Trooper armor several times, but i'm still waiting for richie so i can make my own. I the armor i wore they were glued together with some kinda of appoxy or really strong glue. I don't kow what because i haven't made it. What you need is BDK to answer right now he is our armor man, although i don't know that he is the only one.

4. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    TX, there are a couple of thing you can do. The first and best thing, is to use a clear apoxy. Apply it and then use a soft sandpaper to sand it down. If it is real bad, then you can use bondo, sand it down and you would have to paint over it.

5. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    What is it Fiberglass or styrene?? It kind of depends on which one it is??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.