Beyond Broken Circle - AU. Han, L/M - COMPLETED 12/20/04 - replies to comments 12/31/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. HL-Fan Jedi Knight

Finally catching up. This was a very sad chapter. I hope the next one is happier.
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Poor Leia. She's been through a lot and now she lost the baby on top of that. Well, at least Han pulled through. You had me worried there for a second. ;)
  3. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Solo_Fan - Thank goodness Anakin has been around to help out. This has been a pretty good start at his redemption. - Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Life" where the angel has to earn his wings! :D - Anyway, Anakin never did anything to make up to Leia in the EU, so here he did. :)

Jeditheskyisblue - poor Leia she lost the baby- *sniffs* - But she's gained so much back in the past two days. *face hopeful* :)

HL-Fan - This was a very sad chapter- :_| - Very angsty, I know!

HanSolo29 - at least Han pulled through. You had me worried there for a second.- Then I've done my job! :cool: - I'd have to be in a very depressed mood to kill Han! :eek:
  4. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 25

Yavin, five days later.

"I can't believe I'm really here," Tenel Ka said excitedly as she peered up at the ancient temples. "My parents actually let me come with you, and start my training."

With her arm looped through Luke's, Mara smiled at the young Hapan Princess as they walked down the lowered ramp of the Falcon. Now that Ta'a Chume was in prison - along with her aide Trisdin, who was caught trying to sneak out of the palace grounds - Tenel Ka would have the opportunity to become a great Jedi. "I think you'll really enjoy training, Tenel Ka," Mara said. "And your parents know you've earned the right to begin your journey as a Jedi."

Pausing at the bottom of the ramp, Luke looked back up at his sister and Han, standing in the open hatch. During the past few days, her memory had finally returned - almost all of it, anyway. Of course, the five years spent in carbonite would always be missing, and she still could not recall the explosion or being placed in the carbonite.

Hearing the sound of young voices yelling in excitement, the Jedi Master turned as the three Solo children and little Leia came running out of the stone temple.

"Master Luke!" Threepio called out, shuffling behind with trusty R2D2 "I tried to tell them to wait in the apartment.... but they never listen to me!"

"Dad!" Anakin yelled out, tearing around in circles. "We missed you!"

"And you, too, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara!" the diplomatic Jacen added.

Leia realized she was trembling as she walked down the ramp, watching as Han gathered his children, one at a time, into a huge hug. "Kids," Han started out tentatively. "I'd like to introduce you some people." He motioned toward Tenel Ka, who was watching the other children with interest. "This is Tenel Ka. She's Luke's new student at the academy, so you need to show her the ropes, but try not to get her into trouble."

"I get into enough trouble on my own," Tenel Ka stated. "And that's a fact."

They greeted the new girl, then turned their attention back to their father, waiting for him to continue. Han straightened, and pulled Leia to stand next to him. "And this is someone you've already met, but you probably don't remember her. She's your - "

"Mom," Jaina finished before Han could say any more. Then she addressed Leia directly, "You look exactly like I remember."

Bending over and hugging all three children, it was all Leia could do to keep from sobbing in joy. At first, the children felt cautious in returning her hugs, then grew bolder and tightened their grasp. Greedily, Leia soaked in what they looked like, what they smelled like, everything about them. "Jaina and Jacen, you were only three, just babies - and now look at how you've grown." She looked at her youngest. "All of you, you're just so big now.... I've missed you so much."

"I'm glad you came home, mommy," Anakin said, holding onto Leia tightly. "Listening to you talk to me wasn't good enough."

"Talk to you?"

"You talked to us, mom," Jaina agreed with her younger brother. "Right before dad, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara went to rescue you, you talked to us through the Force."

Still kneeling, Leia glanced over at Luke, who nodded. "You did, sister. You reached out to me, asking for help. And you reached out for your children, and Han."

The last one surprised her. "Han? But he's not - "

"No, I'm not," Han quickly put in, not wanting to go into the details of her 'communications' with him in front of witnesses. "I couldn't answer you, but you were there in my mind, sweetheart. Trust me."

"Mommy," little Leia tugged at her mother's hand, wanting some attention of her own. "I made lots more pitchers for you while you were gone."

"Yes, she did," Threepio said primly. "I don't believe I will ever get the paint and glue out of my joints."

Everyone laughed, much to Threepio's dismay. "I can't wait to see them, Leia," Mara said, reaching down to pick up her daughter.

"Leia?" Leia asked, shocked, as Han helped her stand up while her childre
  5. Jedi_BMK Jedi Master

star 4
    It's over. :_|

A great read. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

But how could you leave us hanging like that? I want to know who won the race.

"Did I say interesting?" Luke said dryly. "I think I meant insane."

[face_laugh]
  6. Melissa_Fel13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Omg!! That was a great ending! This story had the most awesome concept and I really loved it. It's over! That's so sad! I think you did a really great job writing the story though. The characterizations were perfect in my opinion. hehehehe, Han and Mara. They're so great! And I love reunions! They're so sweet! Especially this one! Great story again!!
  7. Ariapaige Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yay!! nice postie before my exam!!! i'm both gladdened and saddened by the ending of this great fic. complete reply later... cramming

;) paige
  8. Sologirl Jedi Knight

star 2
    YAY! *Sologirl's doin the happy dance*

Although, I really wanted so read a PM with H/L being properly reunited..... :)

Wonderful work as usual GO!

You are my muse!!
  9. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    The starter sounded, and the speeders raced away. Leia looked over at her brother. "What was it you said about Skywalkers picking interesting spouses?"

"Did I say interesting?" Luke said dryly. "I think I meant insane

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] one handed I wonder who won the bike race [face_mischief]

too bad its over :( hope you have other fics in the work I look forward to reading them
  10. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    that wasn't evil. :p We all know Han has more experience with a blaster! ;)

But I think it'd end up a tie with the speederbike chase. ;) Or Han Solo by a nose ;)

Lelee - that's a good nickname for L/M's daughter. :)

11. kayladie97 Force Ghost

star 4
    MarySue! Yup, another story finished...I am SO jealous! :p

This one was just great! I loved every bit of it (even if I do think that Mara would have beat Han in the shooting contest, Force or no ;) )

The nickname Lelee is so cute and I love the idea of Leia staying on Yavin, training to be a Jedi. That way the whole Skywalker/Solo clan can be together. Just wonderful! [face_love] [face_love]

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next...your imagination seems to be unlimited! :D
  12. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, it's over. But, I love the ending...especially Han and Mara's contest junk. A whole fic on their battles would be hilarious...ah, well, I guess it wouldn't have too much conflict, which, according to my English professor, is necessary in writing (which is why I didn't score very high on my papers :D). Haha, anyway, I loved this fic!! I can't wait to see what evilness you come up with next!
  13. Ariapaige Jedi Knight

star 2
    okay i'm back. anthro has been conquered!!
    anyway- on with praise.
    "Ah, sweetheart. Danger is my middle name."
    "I could have sworn it was nerf-brain," she replied.
    I'm glad everything is back to normal for them!

Oh, and when i said you might make a Han fan of me, i didn't mean at Mara's expense!! :eek: boo, Han won the gun challenge. i bet she'll beat him into the ground for the speeder bike challenge though, so there! (yes, i realize it's your story, i'm just being loyal)

"What was it you said about Skywalkers picking interesting spouses?"
    lol! :D lol! :D

and i liked the confusion over Little Leia/Lelee's name. it's cute that Anakin picked out her new one. [face_love]

but seriously, this is an awesome fic. thanks tons for writing it and for updating it daily the way you did. do you know you became a part of my morning routine for the last ~20 days? [face_mischief] heh. But, so have an excellent holiday break, and pm me when/if you write something new. ('specially if it's L/M ;))

;) paige
  14. Senator_Leia73 Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww man it is over. :( But it was such a good ending :D I really enjoyed it! :D

PM me next time you write something :D
  15. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, yeah they definately are insane, but that makes them fun :D
    for some odd reason that reminds me of my sister's ex-boyfreind, who bet a army reservist to a sprint race outside their accounting office. . .

he lost. . . badly. . .

16. Jesina_Dreis Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful conclusion, GreatOne. So nice to see a happy ending... my stories don't usually have happy endings...

This was a great story.

Jes
  17. flowerbee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was absolutely perfect! I've enjoyed this little `fic very much...A wonderful piece of work!
  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Great ending! Han finally got to have that speeder race afterall. I bet he'll win too! :D

I really enjoyed this story, GreatOne! Be sure to write more soon! :D
  19. RannOrgana Jedi Knight

can we have a sequel?

maybe mara and luke have another kid and go to Coruscant for a visit?

Rann Organa
  20. Jeditheskyisblue Force Ghost

star 4
  21. CommanderK23 Jedi Knight

star 3
    :eek: I missed a chapter! :eek:

:D

They were both great. Great interaction, loved Han and Anakin. ;)

The kids were great at the end, it was so sweet... [sniff] I loved the reunion.

[face_mischief] Han vs Mara...
    ------
    "Han?" Leia called out over the noisy, rambunctious children. "Are you sure you want to do this? It could be dangerous!"

Han paused before sliding the helmet over his head. "Ah, sweetheart. Danger is my middle name."

"I could have sworn it was nerf-brain," she replied, to the giggles of the kids, and the louder laughter of the adults.
    [face_laugh] Leia's got her wit back!
    ------
    "Good luck," Luke called out, watching as Threepio raised the starting horn into the air.

"Thanks, kid!" Han said cheerfully.

"He meant me," Mara groused back.

"He didn't say your name."
    :D The kids are rubbing on off on those two... [face_laugh]
    -------
    Leia looked over at her brother. "What was it you said about Skywalkers picking interesting spouses?"

[face_plain] Excellent observation, my dear Skywalker. :D ;)

--------
    Great work, GreatOne. =D= I'll watch out for future stories. ;)
  22. starwarsfan68 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow! I go away for a few days and look what i missed!!! Great story as usual. Loved the ending, too bad about the baby though.
  23. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You had some great banter in that post. It was fun. I really like the idea of Leia training as a Jedi and staying with her family.

If only I could write as fast as you. [face_jealous]

*wanders away to look for plot bunnies to send your way*
  24. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Insane, eh' Skywalker? :p You have no idea... :p

Lelee?! :D I love it!! *wails* It's over, but it's so happy, I can't get worked up over it!! Hurray!!! :D

25. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Another fabulous story, GreatOne! I'm pleased that you used my idea, but I'm also sad that Leia lost the baby. I will have to send you a "plot bunny" I have, and see what you think of it. I love the idea of Han thinking of himself as Han "Danger" Solo! Perfect! Your output is amazing. =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.