main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Circle - AU. Han, L/M - COMPLETED 12/20/04 - replies to comments 12/31/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    JediFalcon - Nope, Han sure isn't about to take the advice of a ghost. :p

KnightedRogue - So Leia may not be dead after all! You scared me there for a tiny second, GreatOne.- You DO realize I haven't even decided on this yet, although I think I may have figured out where to go with this part of the story. :D

Jedi_Liz - I can understand why he thought it was inconsiderate of Luke and Mara to name their first child after his sister Leia.- Of course, Luke only did it to honor his sister's memory, and at the time he didn't realize what emotional pain it would cause Han. :(

Jedi_BMK - Are you trying to imply something here?- Nahhhhh! :p Now let's see how badly Han takes any of Luke's suggestions. - This next chapter will show just how badly... :eek:

Alaneia - Welcome to the story! :) - Hope for Leia??? Hmmm. I'm still thinking! :D

Melissa_Fel13 - Is this all from the first chapter?- No... my chapters are short! I'm already on Chapter five! :) - I liked how Anakin got a message from "Grampa".- Actually, I had Anakin Skywalker appearing directly to Han in the first draft, and then I thought it would work better if he appeared to his grandson instead. Either way, Han wouldn't have listened! [face_laugh]

maramijade - Luke and Mara are really going to have to pull on all their experience a moderators and their Jedi patience - And even that's not going to be quite enough... :eek:

HanSolo29- Anakin returned to make sure Han listens and he's not going to anyway. Typical Han- hehe. It would have been out of character for Han to agree with old Annie! :D

Jedi-2B - I felt sorry for Han, hearing Leia's name attached to his niece. That has to be hard. - Yes, it is! That mean old Lukie! LOL! ;)

Lady_Jade - The disscusion should be very interesting- I hope it doesn't disappoint. You can guess how Han is going to react, though. [face_worried]

Jedi_of_Imladris - where could she be for that long without contacting Luke or somebody through the Force? Maybe Vader/Ani's ghost will have the answer! - Actually, that was one of the reasons I rewrote the "encounter" to have little Anakin be the messenger boy. It would be logical for Han (even if he was angry) to ask ole Annie why Leia wasn't "appearing" instead of Anakin Skywalker.

RebelMom - Mara being maternal? I'd be worried too- LOL! She's probably a bit nervous about the upcoming conversation as well! And you know me with updating.... once I start typing a story, my fingers just keep going and going and going.... :D

Next post up as soon as I can go over what I've already typed!

2. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Chapter 5

3. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Yeah, he took that about as badly as I expected. Now what kind of accident happened this time. One that will make Han quit being so stubborn perhaps?

Good post. Looking forward to more.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I wonder what they did now

and Han better listen

more soon

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    uh ohh what did Jaina do now?

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, jeez...cliffie! Great post.

7. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I hope the "accident" was not a Darth Vader-style Force choke.......

Grandpa Anakin would be horrified.

8. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    *watches* You evil, evil, woman! Hehe, I like it!

9. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Poor Han! :( Luke and Mara are just trying to help!

But what happened at the school?? It's nothing serious....is it? *worried face*

10. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Uh-oh. Skywalker/Solo family drama. *sigh* I'm worried again. What have you done with the kids, GreatOne?

And what do you mean you don't know how this is going to end?! Oh, man - are you gonna pull a "realistic" ending here?

But, once again, I'm hooked to one of your stories. So I'll just continue to worry until you either finish this without the lovely princess or bring her back. And I'm sure I'll whine along the way ;) , but I'll still love it, I'm sure, regardless of the Leia-cide!

Such schizo feelings you inspire, GreatOne! [face_laugh]

*KR*

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ooohhh, great work on the family spat. And the kids just arrived at school and already there's been an 'accident'? True Solos.

12. Melissa_Fel13

Melissa_Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    Uh oh, what's happened now? Hmmmm, I hope no one's hurt. And Han a bit angry huh? Lol. Awesome post!!

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    another good post.......man, Han's temper is getting the better of him...... if he had the Force.....he'd be another Vader in the making.......and we thought Mara had a temper! :eek:

Han is still mourning the loss of Leia and its taking a hold of his emotions.....if they knew if Leia was alive, I think he would probably think differently........maybe Luke and Mara could tutor the three kids somehow on Coruscant (Han lives on Coruscant right? Or is it another planet?)

14. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    Gah! You post very quickly--more so than my high school mind can keep up with! :D :p I'm not complaining, though--I like this posting schedule! :D

11/29

I knew it! [face_dancing] Blue Force Ghost wasn't Leia! It was Anakin!

Grampa Skywalker? Han felt his heart drop. "What does this person look like?" [face_laugh] Well, all kids have invisible friends, Anakin's got an invisible grandpa! (Even though he is a bit old for that...) Who's not so invisible!

"You know... shiny. Like Uncle Luke when he calls on the holocomm projector." That's got to be the best description of a blue!Jedi ever. Shiny. [face_laugh]

"That Uncle Luke was coming," Anakin said, breaking into a grin. "And that you're supposed to listen to him and not be stubborn." And if that isn't just the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. :p

11/30

"Dad! Jaina called me stupid!"

"Your brother isn't stupid," Luke told his niece gently, jumping slightly as Han slammed the milk container down hard enough to slosh the liquid over the top.
    Stupid Luke. Stupid, stupid Luke. Of course, he just had to answer to the word "dad." :rolleyes:

Luke shook his head. "No, Han. I don't think you're a lousy father. You're raising the children to the best of your abilities, under very difficult circumstances." More difficult than they'd have to be, Luke thought, but didn't say. Man, he's just getting himself into deeper and deeper trouble...

Han struggled with his anger, and his embarrassment over Jaina's problems. "I handled it, okay? They're my kids, not yours." Poor Han! :_| :_| I seriously am sitting at my computer stifling back tears. Leia (the elder one) had better get back soon. [face_batting]

Great posts! :D :(

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ehh...that didn't go over very well. Then again, I expected that to happen. ;)

And I hope the kids are alright...[face_worried]

16. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Dang, I always get behind in posts! Oh well, that means I can marathon read! That's an evil cliffie! But I'm sure it'll make Han trust Luke...right???

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    that didn't go over well. Leia was the diplomatic twin - Luke always seemed to speak before thinking. And now on with the cliffie.

18. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    Oh evil cliffy!
    Luke and Mara are trying to help, but with all Han has lost he can't bare even consider it.
    I really really really hope Leia's still alive.

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Jedi_BMK - Now what kind of accident happened this time. One that will make Han quit being so stubborn perhaps? - You will find out, very soon! And yes, Han may be left without too many options. :eek:

JediFalcon - I wonder what they did now - Those innocent little Jedi-wanna be's? hehe. [face_devil]

maramijade- what did Jaina do now? - :D :D

DarthIshtar - Cliffie! Don't you just love cliffies? ;)

Tribun - A new reader! Thanks for reading. :D hope the "accident" was not a Darth Vader-style Force choke....... - Yes, that would make everybody pretty upset, wouldn't it? Even Han!

flowerbee - hehe. I just don't know WHAT came over me when I started writing this. *looks sideways at KnightedRogue* :cool:

Lady_Jade - But what happened at the school?? It's nothing serious....is it? - Define "serious" [face_mischief]

KnightedRogue - are you gonna pull a "realistic" ending here? - Is that possible in the SW galaxy? [face_laugh] - I'm sure I'll whine along the way , but I'll still love it, I'm sure, regardless of the Leia-cide! - A tiny little hint about Leia is coming up in the next post! ;)

Jedi-2B - And the kids just arrived at school and already there's been an 'accident'? - They get busy real fast! [face_laugh]

Melissa_Fel13 - And Han a bit angry huh? Lol- Yep, just a bit! :D

Jedi_Liz - Han as a Vader-type? I think I already did a story like that... ;) - maybe Luke and Mara could tutor the three kids somehow on Coruscant (Han lives on Coruscant right? Or is it another planet?)- No, he moved his family to a agricultural planet in the Corporate Sector. I know in the books the Corporate Sector was loosely aligned with the Empire, but I figured enough time has passed since the Empire's fall that the Corporate Sector would be a bit more independent now, and not hostile to former New Republic Generals living in their regions. Of course, they probably wouldn't care about former Imperial Generals living there, either! :eek: - In any case, Mara did suggest to Luke that they stay on Paricellan for a while and start training the children, then suggest later that the family (including Han) move to Yavin. But Han didn't let them get that far in explaining!

Darth_Suzi - Wow! Long review! :) - Well, all kids have invisible friends, Anakin's got an invisible grandpa! (Even though he is a bit old for that...) Who's not so invisible! - I could always picture Anakin hanging around and watching is grandkids! He probably divides his time between watching Leia's kids and Luke's kid! :) - stupid Luke. Of course, he just had to answer to the word "dad." - Yup! Nothing like getting off on the wrong foot with Han right away! [face_laugh] - Leia (the elder one) had better get back soon.- Currently, that's not possible! [face_devil]

HanSolo29 - that didn't go over very well- No, it sure didn't. Han should have at least let Luke and Mara explain things a bit more, but that's our Han! :)

Laura_Anu - That's an evil cliffie! But I'm sure it'll make Han trust Luke...right??? - It certainly is going to put Han in a bit of a bind! [face_thinking]

RebelMom - Leia was the diplomatic twin - Luke always seemed to speak before thinking- Yes, that's so true! And he still does! Of course, I don't think Mara was exactly helping the situation, either. :p

Starrunner - Luke and Mara are trying to help- Yes, they are, only Han just refuses to see it. And as far as Leia.... muahahhaha. [face_devil]

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, I don't love cliffies.

21. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Chapter 6

22. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Don't worry Han. Luke can find them a new school. :p

Hmm, I wonder why they'd have an ysalamir there? Could they possibly be holding someone Force sensitive? You had to tease us like that, didn't you?

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Poor Luke, I'd be snickering, too. The thing with the spiders reminds me of ET, when vicariously drunk Elliot lets all the frogs loose.

24. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    That was so funny. The Children certainly are a handful.

25. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Ysalamiri! [face_dancing]

Don't you just love those things? Zahn should be given a special award from all the fanfic authors that ever used them as a convenient plot twist.

I'm so excited!

Okay. Kids are expelled, Uncle Lukie's in town, and Han is very, very angry. *sigh* Not good times in the Solo family. Lol at the spider thing - classic Jacen!

*KR*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.