main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Broken Hearts/ Lonely Hearts: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace, - * Completed * 24 th Sep

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm so glad to see Obi-Wan be strong in the cave.

He's been through so much and while a lot of it was painful, sometimes that is the only way to truly learn.

He felt at peace with his past and the Force grew brighter within him. It was time to tell his Master how he felt.

I agree!!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful, stunning and so beautiful to see them going to Ilum and Obi-Wan so strong.

Loved the entire chapter and eagerly waiting for the end of this story.

=D==D==D=Bravo

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Obi-Wan has come such a long way. I think you did an excellent job of portraying the steps he and Qui-Gon had to go through in order to begine repairing their broken bond. It's not always easy to forgive, especially for a young teen who's had his trust and self-esteem shattered. Excellent portrayal, Padawan. =D= I'm so very proud of you.:)

4. Tampopo

Tampopo Jedi Master

Jul 17, 2006
    You wonderfully captured the strength of Obi-Wan's spirit while he was battling his inner demons.

It's heartwarming to see the ease with which Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon relate to each other now.

A marvelous job!

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Fantastic, simply fantastic =D=

I'm happy to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's relationship get stronger, and Obi to have more confidence in his master.

Sad to see that the story is coming to an end though :( but i must say i've had a great time reading it. Cant wait to see how you close this one out! :D

6. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    It's about time, too! :p Great update, Geri! Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Thanks for the PM!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, Gkilkenny, your writing talent never ceases to amaze me. Wonderful chapter! [face_love]

I loved the interaction between Qui and Obi, it's so nice to see them growing closer. [face_love]

And I'm so glad that Obi-Wan was able to conquer his demons in the cave, he's really come a long way. [face_love]

I can't wait for the last chapter, but I'm also sorry to see this wonderful story come to an end. :(

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan laughed when he saw Qui-Gon?s fur lined boots, and woolly robe, which made Qui-Gon look like a very large Bantha. ?You look funny.?

?Oh, really Padawan, you think my clothes look funny do you! Wait until you put yours on. Somehow I think you?ll disappear under all that fur.?

?Master I can hardly see where I?m going, is this really necessary?? Obi-Wan said as he squirmed. He looked like a little ball of fluff.

You know, I really like to cuddle little balls of fluff - may I?[face_praying]

Suddenly an image of Qui-Gon shimmered in front of him. ?You?re a failure; you?re angry, and unworthy. You don?t trust your feelings; you don?t trust your master!?

Obi-Wan?s blood ran cold and his body shook, his throat felt constricted. The words were those he?d said himself in his darkest moments. It was an illusion brought on by his fear of trusting his master. His master?s visage appeared very angry and the words spit out were hurtful and cutting.

That's certainly the test of looking within and overcoming - that is probably Obi-Wan's deepest insecurity and it must cut deep just as he's fighting past it.

Obi-Wan couldn?t believe Qui-Gon would speak like that and that thought filled him. It wasn?t Qui-Gon; it was his own impression of what he thought Qui-Gon would be like.

But he's learned a lot - and has the strength to remember what he's learned. He can see those demons as they are - demons to be banished by the light of truth.

He closed his eyes against the images his senses made up. He pulled the warm glow of the Force to him, gathered his past mistakes, and pushed them into the Force. In turn, the Force surrounded him and bound him with certainty and hope for the future. He pushed his fear away releasing it and he smiled, opening his eyes. The images were gone and his body felt warmer. He felt at peace with his past and the Force grew brighter within him.

Obi-Wan is now Jedi as he was meant to be.=D=

9. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great chapter

10. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Qui-Gon made the right choice in taking Obi-Wan to Ilum before heading back to Coruscant. He'll be able to build a new lightsaber and Qui has said that he will help him. It's good that Obi-Wan knew the visions weren't real, just his worst fears showing themselves in a holo drama of sorts.

He closed his eyes against the images his senses made up. He pulled the warm glow of the Force to him, gathered his past mistakes, and pushed them into the Force. In turn, the Force surrounded him and bound him with certainty and hope for the future. He pushed his fear away releasing it and he smiled, opening his eyes. The images were gone and his body felt warmer. He felt at peace with his past and the Force grew brighter within him. It was time to tell his Master how he felt.

Wonderful! =D=

It's almost over? :( You do have another story ready to post after this, don't you? o_O If not, better get to work! ;)

11. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    What? Last chapter next?!:_| But it's such a good story, it has to go on forever!

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm glad that Qui-Gon took Obi-Wan to Ilum so that he could face his fears and get beyond them. I think, though, that Qui-Gon had his own fears to face. Maybe he was doing that while Obi was facing his own?

I liked this.

?Obi-Wan, this is your test and you have to discover your weaknesses and banish them. Not only do these caves house your light sabre crystal they also hold the key to your destiny. You must face your fears on your own. I have faith in you and you must trust the Force to show you your way. I will be here when you return.?

Good job.

13. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    =D= =D= Great update...I love the way that you've brought them together. Sorry for not replying sooner...DRL is just being very annoying right now. I hate to see this story end...of course, you could go ahead and consider a sequel!;)

14. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    First off, I want to sincerely apologise for not keeping up with you lovely story.
    Have been rather busy and not felt I had the time to sit down and read, I'm afraid :(

But I still love this story and don't like the fact that the next chapter will be the last!

Am so very happy that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are back together and starting to trust each other :D

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    KELIA
    Thank you,[:D] I had to make it believable that they'd make it back together
    and Obi-Wan had to fight his demons for that to happen.[face_devil]

earlybird-obi-wan
    I'm so happy you liked the Ilum part, it took them a lot of time and pain to get to this point.[face_worried]
    Thanks for reading.[face_love]

p_stotts
    Thank you for your kindness Master.[face_love] You've taught me a lot throughout this story and I?m proud to be your padawan. :D

Tampopo
    I think all of them have inner demons and Ilum seemed to be the place to exorcise them.[face_thinking]

They should?ve related to each other in the beginning but it was fun bringing them to this point. o_O
    Thank you. [face_love]

Veloz
    I?m so happy you?ve enjoyed it and I hope you won?t be disappointed with the end. I?m happy with it.:D

It?s always sad to end a story but never fear another one is near.[face_mischief]

Lolly_Tolly

I know impatience is your middle name, but I love your comments.[face_love] Thanks for reading my friend. :*

Bastet
    Thanks my friend[:D] you always make me happy with your words. I aim to please. :D

You know how much I like Obi and Qui together even though I give them grief in-between the beginning and the end.[face_mischief]

Valairy_Scot

You like cuddling fluff balls well be my guest,=P~ Obi-Wan is so cute I?d hug him anywhere any time.[:D]

Finally they both see what was right in front of them the whole time. Each other.
    Thank you for reading and reviewing.:cool:

JediMasterAmanda
    I?m so glad you liked it I hope the next chapter puts it all in place.:D

bek
    Ilum is the place to go to see the truth.[face_worried] I got the idea from Yoda's cave on Dagobah.[face_skull]

Thank you for your support.:*

It's almost over? You do have another story ready to post after this, don't you? If not, better get to work!
    :D Well as a matter of fact I do watch for it.:D

Blue_Lightsaber42
    Thanks for coming along for the ride.:D Don?t worry as Yoda might say

[face_whistling] There is another.;)

dianethx
    I'm glad that Qui-Gon took Obi-Wan to Ilum so that he could face his fears and get beyond them. I think, though, that Qui-Gon had his own fears to face. Maybe he was doing that while Obi was facing his own?
    [face_thinking] Have you been sneaking a look!o_O

Qui-Gon has some demons as we all know thank you ever so much for your support I really appreciate it.[:D]

jedidas3
    Thank you I wanted to bring them together in a believable way I hope it turns out that way.:D I am sad that it?s ending too. There isn't a sequel
    just a story.[face_mischief]

Qui- Gina- Jinn
    Hi glad you made it back I know what real life can do.:oops: Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the last chapter. [face_love]

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    This is the end and I thank you all for reading and thanks to peg stotts (My Master) for being a tremendous help.

Qui-Gon listened to the regular rhythm of his heartbeat as he meditated. He, like Obi-Wan, was fighting his inner demons. He expelled the hold his former apprentice Xanatos had over him and released any lingering thoughts of him to the Force. Obi-Wan was his future and he?d build a solid relationship with him. He had faith in Obi-Wan?s ability to put the past behind him and seek the Force for guidance. He knew he was asking a great deal from Obi-Wan and there were issues of trust that Obi-Wan had not reconciled with yet. Nevertheless, Qui-Gon knew it would only be a matter of time, and he?d make sure that he wouldn?t break Obi-Wan?s trust again.

Qui-Gon felt a disturbance in the Force, unlike anything he?d felt before and he opened his eyes. A glowing ember appeared before him and it grew in size until a shimmering figure of a woman hovered in front of him. He was surprised, but not alarmed for the Force felt at peace around him. Nevertheless, he thought his mind might be playing tricks on him. He?d read about this phenomenon, but never in his wildest dreams did he think himself worthy to be visited by one.

Looking down on him with such an angelic smile was a beautiful woman and yet Qui-Gon still frowned. He?d seen drawings of Force ghosts in the archives and they always appeared in their finest Jedi garments. Nevertheless, this one, who exuded an aura of such peace, was dressed in a white robe. Qui-Gon felt honoured this was truly extraordinary and marvellous.

?Master Qui-Gon Jinn.? It wasn?t really a question, more as if she was greeting a friend, her voice echoed through the chamber and she bowed her head.

Qui-Gon rose to his feet and bowed to her. She lit up the room with her presence and her smile made Qui-Gon?s heart beat faster. He drank in her beauty and he was speechless for a moment.

?I am humbled by your presence M?lady.? Qui-Gon said as the Force filled him with light. She seemed almost solid enough to touch and he resisted the urge to stretch his hand out to touch her.

?My name is Azure Kenobi.?

Qui-Gon was completely in awe of her, and her name brought back memories. ?Lady Kenobi, I?m honoured to meet you.?

?Call me Azure, Qui-Gon. I have watched you for some time and I feel I already know you.?

Qui-Gon?s brow furrowed, ?You have me at a disadvantage Azure, for I never had the pleasure to meet you??

?Ahh, however, you know of me Qui-Gon, and I have waited a long time for this day.?

?You?re Obi-Wan?s Mother?? he asked, even though he sensed it.

Azure bowed. ?Yes, he is my child and he has a long journey to complete. His destiny is to become a great Jedi Knight, and although he will live a relatively long life. It is possible that he will suffer many hardships along the way. It is your destiny to teach him to survive in times of adversity. He is a compassionate child, and his loyalty to the Jedi Order is unconditional. It is your mission in life to see to it that he has the strength to persevere.?

Qui-Gon thought on her words, ?He?s already had more pain and suffering than he should, and it was mostly my doing. How can it be possible that he will suffer more??

?The life of a Jedi is never easy Qui-Gon; you of all people should know that.?

?I do know that, however, I want to protect Obi-Wan, and give him a life without suffering.?

?If you believe you can do that and you fail, then he will fail too. He must be strong for the darkness is coming and he will carry the Jedi?s hopes for the future, if not; darkness will engulf the galaxy forever.?

"Surely it can?t be up to one Jedi - to Obi-Wan to prevent darkness from surrounding us?? he asked incredulously.

?Obi-Wan may not prevent the darkness from coming; nevertheless, he will live through it and feel its wrath. His future is to keep the Jedi?s light from being extinguished.?

?The Jedi will sense the darkness coming and we will prevent it.? Qui-Gon stated.

?Hard t

17. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    :_|

That was so beautiful!

Loved how Obi-Wan's mother came to talk to Qui-Gon and sort of warn him of the future.

Am happy that they can start anew, with all their demons of the past now gone :)

And you're right, you don't need anymore that what you've written - truly well done :D

18. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Great ending, Geri! Loved every second of this story! Great job!

(And you started posting the other one! Yay!)

Thanks for the PM! 'Tis muchly appreciated!

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was stunning!

I loved Obi-Wan's mother appearing to Qui-Gon

?The Jedi will sense the darkness coming and we will prevent it.?

I'm glad she was able to explain how the darkness can mask itself even from the Jedi.

Unfortunately :_| :_| :_|

Great job on this story. I have enjoyed it from beginning to end

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Lovely, just lovely. Broken hearts are indeed mended.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What can I say more? A beautiful ending to an entertaining and beautiful story.

A strong end to it in the cave of Ilum.

lovely=D==D==D=

22. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Fantastic ending =D=

It was so very beautiful to see Qui-Gon speak to Obi-Wan's mother, and her hinting about the tough path that Obi-Wan would endure.

Great that by the end Master and padawan found their way to each other :D

Really lovely fanfic, i enjoyed it very much! and i shall have to check out ur other one ;)

23. Tampopo

Tampopo Jedi Master

Jul 17, 2006
    Wonderful characterizations. I enjoyed how the gracious Azure Kenobi imparted advice and encouragement to Qui-Gon and how Obi-Wan is once again his genial, cheeky, sparkling in wonder self.

A captivating, engaging and throughly enjoyable story. A splendid job!

24. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    A perfect ending to a great story. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.[:D]

25. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    good ending!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.