main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Promises **Dear Diary 2007 Challenge** Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    My land... what Talyn told Tani.... at least now she doesn't think it was all her fault any more but.... oh my!!! Dealing with Jabba and the storm troopers hot on their tails... J_P knows drama!! :) :) Eagerly awaiting the next installment!!!! @};- [:D]

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Loved Talyn in this! But I think the Rebels made a mistake sending Tani back to Tattoine... It seems that Vader didn't forget so easily... [face_worried]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It all started to make sense. Why Momma always preferred Talyn over the boys and me.

?Momma was furious, but had no say in the matter.? Talyn looked down at his hands. ?I don?t think she was ever content, although Star?s knows Father did everything he could to make her happy.?

?All this time?I thought it was me.?

Talyn reached across the table and took my hand. ?No Tanea M?ai, it was never about you. It was about a selfish, bitter woman who didn?t have the ability to love anyone but herself.?

I felt my eyes fill. ?She loved you.?

?No, not really,? he whispered. ?I was just a reminder of the life she had once hoped for.?

Loved the interaction between them, and I hope her heart can heal a bit now that she knows the reason behind some of her mother's actions.

=D=

4. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yikes! They're still looking for Tani?!?!

I hope Talyn stays safe.[face_worried]

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow, I had a feeling Talyn and Tani had different fathers. Talyn is so sweet to Tani even though he is only a half brother. He was raised by the right man. I'm looking forwerd to the moment when she realizes that Luke is not dead. Great Post!

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I loved learning more about Tani's (evil) Mom. I wonder if Tani will see her again?

And I'm worried about her brother!! [face_worried]

You know, isn't the beta supposed to get to know these things in advance?? ;)

7. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Talyn may not be as brilliant as I previously thought him to be:_| ........going to Jabba is not a stellar idea[face_mischief] .......big brother may soon be taking a long dive into a shallow rancor pit.[face_devil]

And Vader-in-law is still messing things up for our Tani........isn't that just soooooo considerate of him.:mad: Between him and the hermit these poor kids never stood a chance!:oops:

Palps must be sitting in his big, leather throne with a big tub of popcorn watching this on his high definition holotube.[face_batting]
    Damn, the old geezer sure knew how to live well.........though you'd think he could have afforded the services of a dentist and a plastic surgeon!!8-}

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Dang, I cannot keep caught up with you. :_| [:D]

I love how events are all jumbled yet, at the same time, coming together to bring the fic full circle. I can't even begin to imagine where you're going with this, but I'm loving the glimpses into the back story and how it all plays in to the previous story.

I dub thee the Ingenue of Intrigue. :D

=D=

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks y'all for your very kind words. I love hearing your responses about Tani and have to say it's going to be hard to say good-bye to her.

[b]JEDIFLYSWATTER:[/b] [i]"Have to say that those last two posts were wonderful." [/i]

Thank you so much! It's coming down to the end where all the loose ends will be tied up...well, MOST of them! ;)

[b]divapilot:[/b] [i]"Hmm... Off to Garqi, huh? Wonder if she ever plans to open a campground..."[/i]

[face_laugh] You never know...although she's going to play a small role in the rebellion, as we'll find out later. Thanks, Sister-pilot!

[b]Jade eyes:[/b] [i]"J_P knows drama!!"[/i] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Think I should change my initials to TNT?? Thank you for reading and your support!

[b]Golden Jedi:[/b] Thank you so much. Talyn is a great guy, too bad he's a figment of my imagination. *sigh* ;)

[b]VaderLVR:[/b] Thank you! No time for healing, Tani's got to out run stormies and the baby's coming soon. EEP!

[b]Blue Milkshake:[/b] Thanks for reading! Safe?? Not yet....

[b]TheOnlyJediPrincess:[/b] [i]"Wow, I had a feeling Talyn and Tani had different fathers."[/i]

Wise you are, in the ways of the world. ;) Thank you for hanging in there with me.

[b]ginchy lee:[/b] [i]"You know, isn't the beta supposed to get to know these things in advance?"[/i]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Well...SOME things! ;) Thank you so much for reading and beta-ing! [face_hugs]

[b]Barriss31[/b] [i]"Between him and the hermit these poor kids never stood a chance!"
    [/i]

Exactly, everyone and everything was against them. *sigh* Thank you for your support. :)

[b]JediTrace:[/b] [i]"I love how events are all jumbled yet, at the same time, coming together to bring the fic full circle." [/i]

Thank you so much. For some reason, I really enjoy working within confines. I think that's why I like challenges so much. When I decided to do this challenge, I wanted to write it within the confines of canon and see if I could weave it all together.

[i]"I dub thee the Ingenue of Intrigue."[/i]

Wow! [face_shock] Thankee!

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry #374 >

There?s an ancient Tatooine proverb the old ones are fond of quoting: ?The sweetest gift often requires the bitterest sacrifice.?

I finally understand what that means.

I startled awake at the pounding from outside the door. Sweet sands, did they find me? Were they here to take me and my baby?

?Tani, open the door,? shouted Nettie from the other side.

I glanced at my wristchrono and squinted to read the time. 0325?but where was Talyn?

Padding across the floor, I opened the door to Nettie and Huff Darklighter.

?Get your things,? barked Mr. Darklighter, grabbing my case. ?I?ve got to get you to the spaceport as soon as possible.?

?Why? What?s going on? Where?s Talyn??

Nettie began making the bed, piling Talyn?s things by the door. ?He?s in custody, on a class three infraction.?

?What happened??

?He got stopped heading into Jabba?s by the stormies without his ID,? said Nettie, wiping down the countertops. ?He?s refusing to give his name, so they?re holding him for the time being.?

Mr. Darklighter grabbed my pack and hoisted it over his shoulder. ?It won?t take them long to figure out who he is, which will lead them to you. Our only chance is to get you back to Doldur.?

I froze. ?I?m not leaving without out my brother!?

?Listen to me!? Huff Darklighter, turned around and glared down into my face. ?When they find out you?re not here, they?ll eventually let him go. It?s you they?re after, not your brother.?

I swallowed, backing up a step. ?I can?t just leave him here!?

His face flamed red as he grabbed me by the arm. ?You?ll do as I say, girl! I won?t have another death?? he stopped, growling under his breath. ?I?ll meet you two down stairs?hurry!? He busted out the door, leaving me with my mouth open.

Nettie scurried up behind me with Talyn?s things in tow. ?Listen to him, Tani. Once they let Talyn go, he?ll come back here and I?ll tell him where you are.?

I finally nodded, exiting out the door. ?Nettie, please tell me what?s going on??

We paused at the end of the hall. ?Talyn used his one comm call to contact Mr. Darklighter. Your brother is going to try to convince the Imperials that you were on Alderaan when the planet was destroyed. He figures once he?s convinced them that you?re dead, they?ll let him go.?

?But why is Huff Darklighter as surly as a wounded rancor??

?He?s always as surly a wounded rancor.?

?Nettie??

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. ?Biggs is dead.?

?What??

?Huff got the comm earlier this morning. Biggs was piloting one of the Rebellion?s X-wings that destroyed the Death Star?he didn?t make it.?

First Luke?and now Biggs. My world was truly crashing down around me.

Nettie ran a hand up my arm. ?But he?s a hero, Tani. He helped destroy that horrible Death Star. Now come on before Huff drags you out by your hair into the streets.?

We met up with Mr. Darklighter in the lobby.

Nettie stored Talyn?s things in a hidden closet behind the reception desk and then gave me a hug. ?Good luck, Tani.?

Huff Darklighter marched us out the hotel door and out into the vacant street. I felt slightly annoyed that Talyn had called him instead of me as I struggled to keep up with the big burly man.

?Don?t get sand in your shorts, girl??

?I?m not??

He laughed, a big booming laugh that was sure to draw attention to us. ?Of course you are. You?ve got that same look on your face your mother used to get.?

I glared at him with every fiber of my being.

?And that?s the other look she had.? He raised his eyebrow and hurried us down toward the spaceport gate. There was one ticket window open with a clerk who looked quite annoyed that we were waking him. Mr. Darklighter bought me a ticket, using my falsified ID and then handed me my case. ?Wait on Doldur. Don?t call anyone and don?t return here, Tani.?

I looked up into his face, my eyes filling. ?I?m so sorry about Biggs??

He smiled at last and placed a hand on my shoulder. ?He died fighting those doompa D?emperiolo stupas so that people like

11. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! Tani and the baby are well!

:_|But what a heartbreaking decision to have to make!!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh my mmore heart-wrenching events for Tani :_| Now she's done a truly selfless, courageous thing... but oh, she must also feel so BEREFT [:D] I hope the door is left open for them to meet up with each other, if her daughter decides that's what she wants-- O:) Bravo on a gorgeously poignant uppie :* =D=

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! I'm wondering how this is going to tie in with the first post. If I remember correctly, it was set in the future.

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh, no! My heart is bleeding for Tani... What a rotten decision to take!

This chapter was a real rollercoaster and you wrote it so beautifully.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm so glad the baby arrived safely! But what a gut-wrenching decision for Tani to have to make. :(

Now, I wonder, is this baby anyone we might know? I'm thinking of any little girls in we know in profic... o_O Again, I say, shouldn't the beta know this stuff?? ;) [face_laugh]

I can't believe there are only 2 chapters left! Wonderful, gal! :D

16. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Oh, SOB!!:_| :_| Can't the poor girl even keep her child after losing everything else?? [face_shame_on_you]

You really threw me for a loop;I was totally not expecting this one..........please, oh, please say there is a happy ending in here somewhere for this poor girl[face_praying] .....she's already lost everyone she loved[face_hypnotized] .............Talyn didn't get lopped off did he??[face_worried]

That was nice shot of angst!=D= =D= =D=

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    :_|

She had a baby girl :D but she is giving her away! :_|

Great Post! *wipes a tear from her eye*

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Sometimes the best thing we can do for our children is to give them to those who can provide the opportunities that we can?t.?

I blanched. ?I couldn?t do that?I just couldn?t!?

?I understand,? Oria whispered.

But I saw the pity in her eyes and realized that what she was saying was true. I had nothing to give this child?no home or family. No financial support. With someone else she would be safe and take care of?and the Imperials would never find her.

The only thing I could give her was love.

?It?s your decision, sweetie.? Oria placed the baby in the basinet next to the bed and removed the empty food tray. ?Let me know if you change your mind.? She gave me one last smile and turned toward the door.

I lay there for a long time thinking about Luke, my family and my life. My anxieties about Talyn grew until I realized that something must?ve gone wrong. I even considered calling Nettie, but fear for the baby kept me from doing so.

I have made so many bad decisions in my life?decisions that brought me to where I am now. I finally understood that I couldn?t do right by my baby and someone else could, and although it would break what was left of my heart, I had to do what was best for her.

My hand shook as I pressed the comm unit button next to the bed. The indicator light flashed as I heard Oria?s voice ask if I needed something.

?Yes,? I said, my voice choking. ?I?ve changed my mind.?

:_| =D=

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I hate seeing this fic come to an end.

Now the baby's finally here, and Tani is truly left with no one to help her raise her. What a heartbreaking choice she has to make.

But she's right, the baby would only be endangered as long as the stormtroopers are after Tani.:_|

Wonderful, wonderful story!

20. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Sorry its been so long since I replied. Turns to glare over her shoulder at DRL!:mad:

Wow dramatic turn of events here. I now find myself looking forward to Tani returning to Luke in the present and seeing how that bombshell goes over.

Wedge is so sweet in this! [face_love]

21. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    So she is going to give up the baby. Interesting. I have been trying to figure out who this child is but I am not sure if she is going to be a character that we know or your own. Only two more posts! I can not wait to see how you pull this together. Soooo many twists and turns to answer or will you leave us hanging. That would be cruel. Great job and thanks.@};-

22. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you everyone!

[b]Blue Milkshake:[/b] Thank you for reading this year. I appreciate your support and comments so much.

[b]Jade eyes:[/b] [i]"Bravo on a gorgeously poignant uppie." [/i]

Thank you. I have to admit, I shed a tear or two. Thanks so much for your faithfulness.

[b]G_Anakin:[/b] [i]I'm wondering how this is going to tie in with the first post. If I remember correctly, it was set in the future. [/i]

Clever you are, figure out much you have. ;) Thanks for your reading, your responses and your sweet PMs this year.

[b]Golden Jedi:[/b] [i]"This chapter was a real rollercoaster and you wrote it so beautifully." [/i]

Thank you!! This entire fic has been filled with ups and downs, hasn't it? I appreciate you hanging in there with me this year!

[b]ginchy lee:[/b] [i]"I can't believe there are only 2 chapters left! Wonderful, gal!"[/i]

I know!! I can't believe it's been a year and then sometimes I'm thinking--wow--it's been a year! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading and beta-ing this year!

[b]barriss31:[/b] [i]"That was nice shot of angst!"[/i]

Thank you so much! I do like angst, tempered with other genres. I have been called the Queen of Happy endings, so never fear. But then sometimes my muse gets all angsty and has to get in a little twist here and there. :)

[b]TheOnlyJediPrincess:[/b] Don't cry!!! There's more coming soon. Thank you for reading!

[b]VaderLVR:[/b] Thank you for reading this year. You're continuing????? You are a better woman than me!! [face_laugh] Good luck, but then I'm a big Ynna and Han fan.

[b]divapilot:[/b] [i]I hate seeing this fic come to an end.[/i]

That's the same way I feel about "Keeper of Memories" Sister-pilot! [face_hugs] In light of Bontran's explanation, I'm wondering if Tani can get her name back again. Can you believe we made it???? Thanks for all your encouragement!

[b]star writer24:[/b] [i]Wow dramatic turn of events here. I now find myself looking forward to Tani returning to Luke in the present and seeing how that bombshell goes over.[/i]

It's all coming down to these last two posts. :) Thanks for reading this year!

[b]JEDIFLYSWATTER: [/b][i]I can not wait to see how you pull this together. Soooo many twists and turns to answer or will you leave us hanging.[/i]

It has been a twisty little fic, hasn't it? Nah...I wouldn't leave you hanging. But as in life, not everything is tied up in nice little packages. Thanks for reading and your comments this year. :)

23. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    OMG!!! I just had a thought...silly this late in the game,BUT is Mara alive still or is it now post Sacrifice? I know in the first post she mentioned Luke has a wife, but what an interesting plot twist it would be if Tani shows up, and Luke and her get there second chance at a life together...swoon, okay so that is WAY out THERE, I realize and probably not what is going to happen at all, but a girl can dream right? [face_love]

Looking forward to the next post. =P~

24. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry # 11,780>

The flight into Gala?s major spaceport was long and arduous. As I entered the hotel, I noticed many of the passengers from the transport ship making their overnight stop here as well. I looked up into the smiling face of the Galacian clerk processing my reservation and spotted a portrait of entrepreneur Lando Calrissian smiling from the back wall.

Is there anything in the galaxy the man doesn?t own?

I pocketed the card key and hurried across the lobby to the turbo lift, passing several couples huddled near the large waterfall. They nodded as I walked by, their pride evident in their stance and they way they looked you in the eye. Jedi parents?

Tomorrow was a Jedi Knighting ceremony on Yavin 4. It?s the perfect opportunity for me to slip in unnoticed among the celebrating families and determine whether or not I have the courage to finally approach Luke.

Taking the lift to the eighteenth floor and then exiting along with two other couples, I slipped the card into the access port and pushed my room door open. I headed to the fresher and stripped down to take a shower?with real honest to Hoth water.

I let the near scalding water rush over me, drenching my hair and torso, as it beat against the muscled fatigue of my body. Looking down, I fingered the small purple stretch mark on my belly, a constant reminder of a time twenty two years ago, that was full of tumultuous heartache.

Will he be able to find it in his heart to forgive me?

I slapped the shower nozzle off and grabbed the nearest towel, rubbing hard against my already pinked skin. Looking up into the vanity mirror, I ran a hand against the fog of my reflected likeness and stared with haunted eyes.

You don?t deserve his forgiveness?

?Shut up,? I muttered, throwing the wadded towel at my forty year old scowling image.

I changed into my nightdress and then tossed two ice cubes into a crystal tumbler, pouring myself a drink from the decanter near the bar?Doth brandy. The alcoholic delicacy of the rich and powerful? ?Geez Calrissian, you sure know how to live extravagantly for star?s sake.?

I downed the first glass without hesitation, savoring the rich warmth as it slid down my throat. Carrying the second glass of brandy, I padded to the bed and threw back the covers, sliding between the Ambrian silk sheets and propped two pillows against the headboard. This time, I sipped slowly, breathing deeply between each swallow.

He?s remarried and the head of the Jedi order, he probably won?t even remember you?

?He may not?but he has a right to know the truth.? I finished the brandy and placed the tumbler on the nightstand, next to the room?s chrono. ?And I have the right to finally live my life in peace.?

I sat there, staring at nothing as the memories that have followed me from place to place across the galaxy whispered inside my head. I considered another drink, but then quickly dismissed the thought.

No use adding a hangover to my arsenal of neuroses.

Instead I activated the room?s comm console and dialed up Garqi. The indicator rang four times before he picked up.

?Hello??

?Hi handsome, how?s it going??

?Tani! I wondered if you?d made it in yet. How was the flight??

I smiled in spite of my mood and sighed. ?Crowded?noisy?typical interplanetary flight among sentient species from across the galaxy.? I heard his deep baritone laughter and immediately felt better. ?How are things there??

?Oh the same?the kids are finishing up their homework and Litia is working on a new osmosis filtration system that she announced would be 33% more efficient.?

?Wow?33%, that?s quite an improvement.? I twirled a loose curl around my finger. ?I suppose there?ll be no hearing the end of that!?

He laughed again. ?Who knew my wife would take such an interest in caf bean agriculture??

The sound of children?s voices echoed in the background. ?Homework done??

?Almost?you still haven?t told me how you?re holding up.?

?I

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So glad Talyn and Tani are together in the "present" and still very close :) So, she wants to ask Luke's forgiveness... Sweet darling's as much of a victim of circumstances as he is/was back then @};- Breathtakingly touching uppie J_P. Time sure flew for me reading this diary--it's been a fun, gripping, touching read!! [face_love] [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.