Beyond Broken Promises **Dear Diary 2007 Challenge** Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Only ONE left? :_|

Luke better behave! Will Leia be around to? Will she rcognize her? :D
  2. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I have no doubts that Luke will forgive. He's Luke Skywalker! :p I can't believe there's only one more post! :_|

3. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful update! You moved back to present day very smoothly. Nice transition, Lady.

Thank goodness Talyn and Litia survived. They must have really depended on each other on those first terrible days.

Poor Tani. She's had it tough. To have to give up her daughter, then live with the consequences when she discovered that Luke hadn't died.

He didn't even know that she was pregnant, did he? She kept it a secret so well and then their relationship was broken up and she didn't get the opportunity to tell him.

Luke will forgive her. She has to trust that he's still the same compassionate man he was 22 years ago. And she has to stop beating herself up. She did the only thing she could do to provide a safe home for her daughter.

I'm going to miss Tani! :_|
  4. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    I can't wait to see Luke's reaction!

Great post!
  5. barriss31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aaah, now I am left hanging by one big, fat question mark.....but the Force shall reveal all in the end right?[face_thinking] o_O
  6. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello, JP! I'm sorry for being a stranger to these updates. School is out for until the spring semester so I'm currently playing catch up with all my missed readings. I loved every update and am in a way happy I missed them since I could read everything in one sitting. :) A girl can get spoiled! LOL

11/23 - Quite a cliff hanger! The events are clearer now since Tani's brother explained things about her mother. However, the situation has just got all the more darker. :(

11/29 - You've been weaving a great plot, JP! The Imperials haven't given up looking for Tani and now they have followed her to Tatooine. An interesting tie-in to Jabba. Here's a time I'm actually looking forward to seeing if the slug could be of any help...although I am of course skeptical! LOL

12/8 - ?The sweetest gift often requires the bitterest sacrifice.? Oh my, is that ominous! Talyn will hopefully be alright but I could understand Tani's worries and guilt at leaving him. And finally the baby has arrived! A girl, too! :) Hopefully Tani will come to her senses that she needs to raise her child. I'm afraid of what will come of the baby girl if Tani gives her up. Vader is still out there looking for any connections leading to Luke. :(

12/14 - A great update leading us into Tani's present moment. :) I love her going through all the doubts and worries - those moments were very real for me. And Talyn is alright in the end. Whew! I'm relieved! I smiled at the "whammy" line. LOL

I cannot believe you're almost finished with this! It has been such a joy reading these updates and I've really come to love Tani. She is definitely considered a legit character in my SW universe. ;) I hope you keep up writing her. :D
  7. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I swore I had responded!

Well, you know I loved this, gal. ;) Sneaky-peekies are always grand. :D :D

Now, I can't wait for the last update. I can't believe it's been a year. Take a bow, lady! =D=
  8. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    I too agree that Luke will forgive her but he will be heart broken that he has a lost child out there somewhere or possible right under his nose. I wonder if he feels something in the Force with her close, but does not know just what it is. Bet that he will have alot of questions to ask her. Such as 'Why didn't you come to me sooner and tell me about the child.' Yes I know he will forgive becauce he is Luke but he will also be very hurt. I think that she needs to worry more about Mara because she is not going to be happy that her Farmboy is going to be so heart broken. That orphan thing. Only one more huh? Will we get a part two? Wonderful job and thanks.@};-
  9. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Holy Blue Milk, I am on the edge of my seat, lady, and soooooooo looking forward to the next post. *bites nails* But then it will be over? :_|

10. furrylittlebantha Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh daaaaaaaangit, woman, how do you do this to me? I come back after months and am more hooked than ever before. I can't believe it's almost over! Wow. This is an amazing story, have I told you that before?? :D I say it again. There's nothing else like it. So heartbreaking but uplifting at the same time--life, and the human spirit, is really what it's about, if I can be presumptuous about to say that. What makes it all so special to me, however, is the way you uncannily bring Tani through experiences and emotions that mirror my own, and probably that of any teenage girl. The constant uncertainty of her place in the world, conflict, the first, beautiful glow of love, heartbreak. As Tani has walked through all this and more in the last months, so have I. Reading how she deals with them somehow brings a little comfort to my own ups and downs. Thanks so much, Jade, for writing her.

...And update soon! (As hypocritical as that is. Lol! I really am going to update In Plain Sight before next year. Promise!)
  11. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Wow, furry's a poet!!! [:D] @};- I say in all honesty that Tani & Alida also are OCs that I have come to love and admire very much--and hope to emulate in my own courageous compassionate choices and that I hope to find in each person I meet/know. Huggles for always!!!!! [face_love] :* [face_love]
  12. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Author's notes: What an incredible experience this diary challenge has been! I have never written an epic before and was amazed at how many times the characters took over and demanded a plot turn here and a story twist there.

I was especially concerened about writing a Luke/OC story. Many of you may know, I am a huge L/M shipper so when this story idea emerged no one was more surprised than I was. I appreciate those willing to take a chance on this fic and hope I have done the characters a service.

My thanks to ginchy lee for her beta-ing expertise and to divapilot for teaching me about outlines and particulary the table option in word. And a special thanks to the readers who have read this story through out the 2007 year. Your support and encouraging words were a blessing to me. What a wonderful community we have here!

Jade eyes: "Time sure flew for me reading this diary--it's been a fun, gripping, touching read!!"

Thank you so much! I do appreciate your words of encouragement and support this year! :)

Golden Jedi: "Only ONE left?"

Can you belive it??? The last three months seemed to zoom by! Thanks for reading! :D

VaderLVR: "I have no doubts that Luke will forgive. He's Luke Skywalker!"

[face_laugh] Yep! I don't think I could ever write a dishonorable Luke. Thank you so much!

divapilot: "I'm going to miss Tani!"

Just as I am going to miss Bruno and Alida! :_| Why do our OCs seem to be almost like our children? *sigh* And where did the time go?? Thank you, Sister-pilot!

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thank you! Luke's reaction is quite...well, I'll just let you read for yourself! ;)

barriss31: ...but the Force shall reveal all in the end right?

Most of it... [face_mischief] I hope you'll be pleased with the last post. Thank you for reading this year!

MirandaFair: "I cannot believe you're almost finished with this! It has been such a joy reading these updates and I've really come to love Tani. She is definitely considered a legit character in my SW universe."

Awwwwwww...thank you, girl! [:D] I appreciate your words so much.

ginchy lee: "I can't believe it's been a year. Take a bow, lady!"

You and me, both! [face_laugh] Looking back, I'm not sure how I survived...but I learned so much from this experience. Thank you for your beta expertise and your support!

JEDIFLYSWATTER: "Only one more huh? Will we get a part two? Wonderful job and thanks."

Thank you so much! :) I have no plans for a part two, I've got a Fiction Workshop class this semester, so longer fics are out of the question for now.

JediTrace: "Holy Blue Milk, I am on the edge of my seat, lady..." [face_laugh]

Hey, that should be our new explicative! Thanks, Trace! I appreciate you hanging in there with me this year.

furrylittlebantha: Awwwwwwww....thanks, furry! [:D] That means a lot to me, as I really tried to capture the persona of a teenage girl on Tatooine. Thank you!

/>
  13. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    <Journal entry # 11,770>

He is handsome still.

Gorgeous actually, but different. I fell in love with a boy who is now a man fully grown. He is the mature Jedi Master that others watch with respect as he gracefully moves from one set of parents to the other. Gone is the gangly lad with an air of desperation about him; he exudes a calmness I never thought I?d see in him. He is so confident and powerful as he smiles and nods, shaking hands with fathers and allowing hugs from the mothers of his students.

The ceremony was lovely. I could see Luke?s pride as each student stepped forward and allowed their Master to say a few words on their behalf. When the apprentices raised their lighted swords together at the end, I felt a lump in my throat as tears pooled in my own eyes.

I remained seated as my former husband made his way through the crowd of parents. He laughed at something a Twilek father said, throwing his head back with ease. Slowly, the parents with their newly knighted offspring filtered towards the reception hall until I was the only one left in the auditorium. He turned and saw me sitting alone.

He cocked his head, as if struck by something. My heart began to pound as he strode towards me, extending his hand.

I prayed for strength.

He faltered, slowing to a few meters from me. Doubt flashed across his face followed by disbelief. He dropped his hand to his side and stared at me with his mouth slightly parted.

?Hello, Luke.? I stood, hoping my legs would support me.

?Tani?? he whispered, hoarsely.

I nodded, trying to smile, but my trembling lips would not comply. Stars, where do I begin? No amount of rehearsal could?ve prepared me for the riot of emotions coursing through me. ?I?It?s??

?TANI!? He enveloped me in his strong arms, pulling me against him and buried his face into my hair. I could feel warm tears slip from his face and on to me as his shoulders began to shake.

?Shhhhh?? I murmured, cupping the back of his head.

?I thought you were dead?all these years, I thought you were dead.?

?I know??

We pulled apart with watery smiles. I reached into my tote and pulled out my kerchief, dabbing at his cheeks as he continued to stare at me, confusion shining from his face. For just a moment it was like we were back on Tatooine struggling with our problems and sharing our most secret dreams with each other.

?Stars, Tani?? his voice choked to a stop, as he pulled me again into his arms. ?I don?t understand??

I nodded mutely with my arms wrapped around his waist. We stayed that way for several minutes, until I realized what kind of picture we presented. Releasing my hold, I took a step back hoping to gather my thoughts. ?I realize now might not be the best time, but is there someplace we could go??

He nodded, his bangs falling into his eyes like they always had as a boy.

We left the building and strolled through a courtyard that led to a small garden area. A light breeze whispered through the canopy of trees above us as the sweet scent of Alderaanian roses hung in the air, taking me back to my school days so long ago. I sat down onto the duracrete bench, realizing that my legs were boneless.

Luke stood there, biting his lower lip, as if unsure of what to say. It was then that I noticed the hurt etched deeply in his face.

I reached up, taking his hand and pulled him to the bench to sit down next to me. Taking a deep breath, I met his eyes and swallowed. ?There is so much to tell you?and I can?t imagine you could ever forgive me, but you deserve the truth, Luke?even if it?s years too late.?

His face softened as a smile tugged at his full lips. ?It?s never too late for the truth??

I grimaced, clasping my hands together to stop them from shaking. ?Everything happened so fast back then! The alliance was trying to smuggle me out of Alderaan??

Luke gasped. ?The alliance? You were with the alliance??

?No, I?it was...Winter was helping me??

?You knew Winter??

I laughed and placed a hand on Luke?s well-muscled arm. ?If you don?t let me get this o
  14. star_writer24 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was truly beautiful!
    I'm actually tearing up.
    Thank you for taking us on that wonderful story!

SW24
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Beautiful and moving and tendeer and sweet. Thank you. So much. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] :)
    [:D] !!!!! @};- =D=
  16. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    =D==D==D=

Fantastic! I absolutely adore this. What a perfect ending! I am so glad she decided to keep her daughter. (I was totally off in the wrong direction, dontcha know, with my predictions.;) Good misdirection there!)

What a lovely story, and I am so sorry to see it end. I will be back to re-read this!

@};-@};-@};-

Beautiful!!!!
  17. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  18. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

M?andalee :D :D

That's why you wouldn't tell me the baby's name!! You named her after me! Wow, thank you!! Her story is a lot like my story, after all--I never knew my father, either! I love it!! I know that M'andalee and Tani are just as happy a mother and daughter as me and my wonderful Momma. :D :D What a terrific ending--all is well that ends well, with Luke, Tani, and M?andalee happy.

Excellent work, gal!! =D=
  19. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    Coming out of lurkdom to say that even though I usually don't read stories with Luke and an OC, this one really caught my attention, and I'm glad I kept up with it. I even found myself wanting Luke and Tani to reunite, though I knew it was not destined to be. I'm glad that it turned out she kept her daughter. My only disappointment was her thoughts that she'd never see him again. I think they could still be friends. Heck, I even believe Mara would understand.

Anyway, great story!
  20. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent story! I'm so glad I started reading this. You did a wonderful job of weaving an AU storyline into a canon timeline. I'm sad to see this story end, but I'm so happy with the way it finished.
  21. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwwww, I loved the ending! Congratulation for completing such a difficult challenge and such a wonderful story! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
  22. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    My Dearest M?andalee,

I leave this diary with you, hoping that after you read it you will understand a little more about my past.

Some day you will discover how strong an emotion love really is and how it can sometimes compel us to courses that don?t always make sense. The heart is a strange and fickle organ, often dominating our behavior to the detriment of all others.

Two things I hope you will take with you.

Once, long ago, I fell in love with a Tatooine farmboy and had hoped to be with him the rest of my life. But circumstances, and as your father would say, the will of the Force had other plans. But never doubt that you were conceived in love.

The other thing I want you to know is that whenever I am asked by interviewers what I am most proud of; I will always tell them about you. Alone on Doldur many years ago, I almost gave you up for adoption. But as the med tech entered the room and extended her hands toward me, I realized that I could never give you up. You see, I could never live without my heart.

Be well, my darling daughter!

Mom

I'm so sad to see this end, but the ending was absolutely perfect! :_| =D=
  23. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    What a perfect ending! You had my emotions on a roller coaster.

=D==D==D=
  25. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Brava, JP! A fantastic conclusion. It must feel wonderful and bittersweet to be finished writing such a wonderful story. Congratulations! =D= This was a perfect ending that wrapped things up nicely. Things turned out for Tani in the end. Her and Luke's daughter becomes a Jedi Knight, Tani is finally able to meet Luke again, and Tani is (of all things!) a famed writer! I'm glad she was able to put to use her writing talents. A happy and dear ending! Something to be very proud of. [:D] I hope to see more of Tani in the future... I know she and her daughter have got to have adventures... [face_whistling]

@};- @};- @};-
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.