main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Promises **Dear Diary 2007 Challenge** Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely poetry! [face_love]

It is my father who will always sustain me through the hard times. He has given me permission to study with Luke and apply to the university. ?You can be whatever you wish, Tanea M?ai, if you work hard and are true to your own heart.? From him I have learned about character, integrity and most of all?love.

I love my father.

How sweet! =D=

2. Cpt_Typo

Cpt_Typo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    sorry DRL got to me.
    loved it.

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job Pilot!

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm always a bridesmaid, and never the bride when it comes to responding promptly. So sorry for that, J_P. @};-

This makes the perfect end to finish off the week and head straight into the weekend. [:D] Your poetry is wonderful and I can tell it all comes from the heart. I feel for Tani and the lack of warmth she receives from her mother. Thankfully, she has a a nurturing father to give her some comfort.

?You can be whatever you wish, Tanea M?ai, if you work hard and are true to your own heart.? From him I have learned about character, integrity and most of all?love.

I wonder about her mother. Curious as to how two polar opposites could attract one another. Well, we see it in RL...so it shouldn't leave me wondering. Hahah;)

The earnest light is dimmed and candle blown,
    the table left dark.
    How sad it seems when all
    alone waiting for arrival.

Lady, I hope you write more poetry. You've got many of us captivated and we're an eager audience.
    Lovely, simply lovely.=D=

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I think I love her father, too, after reading that. [:D]

My father?s work on our farm would often take
    him away from family and humble dinner table.
    His empty chair would softly wink at me.
    Reminding me of his place, the solid
    teak reflected the warmth of his presence.

Beautiful!! @};-@};-@};-

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N:

Jade eyes: "Tani's father reminds me of Alida's."

That is cool! I'd say Alida and Tani both need strong men in their lives! ;) Thanks for reading!

Blue milkshake: Thank you! Without her father, I fear Tani would've fallen to her mother's machinations.

Lea-El: "Oh! Shucks! I'm related to people like them." [:D] Me, too Lea-El! Bless our hearts! Thank you for reading.

ginchy: "Love the poetry, lady!"

Thank you! TF.net is an outlet for my CR#2 class. Where else can I post my assignments? ;)

divapilot:"Oh, you know I love that poem." Merci, Sister-pilot! [:D] And you know I appreciate you looking over my stuff!

WyoJedi: "...her dad seems like a big teddy bear." Yes! That's a perfect description of her dad! Thank you little brother! :D

VaderLVR: "Lovely poetry!" Thank you! [:D]

Cpt Typo: Thank you! DRL does have a way of interfering with our leisure time, doesn't it? I appreciate you reading!

G Anakin: Thanks, G! :)

Miranda Fair: "I wonder about her mother. Curious as to how two polar opposites could attract one another."

Good insights! More will be revealed later, but you do have to wonder. Thank you!

Jedi Trace: "I think I love her father, too, after reading that."

Awww...thanks Trace! [:D]

7. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry #17>

It is always an adventure riding with Luke.

Father had agreed to let me ride home with him three times a week after school. We decided that there was more room to work at his place than at ours?and it is much quieter! Luke?s even going to drive me home afterwards. I?ll have to work twice as hard to catch up on chores, but it will be worth it. I?m still trying not to feel guilty for all Luke?s doing for me.

He was waiting for me outside school today in his landspeeder. I was hoping he?d have his uncle?s V-35 Courier, but since it only gets up to 100 kilometers per hour he probably doesn?t like to drive it much. Camie, Fixer and Deak were there fooling around tossing Luke?s pack back and forth. By the time I got there they had dumped it into the back and made a snide remark about me and Luke doing the Tatooine tango complete with obscene gestures.

?Nice friends,? I quipped, hopping into the passenger?s side and trying hard not to notice the ripped upholstery. The X-34 is pretty outdated, but with the three turbine engines its crazy fast.

?They don?t mean anything,? he said, racing away from the pourstone school building.

I grabbed the duraplex screen and barely suppressed a squeak. Luke smiled. His eyes sparkled as the wind whipped through his sun streaked hair. I could see how much he loved this?speeding across the hot desert sands. We roared up to a herd of galoomps, their tail knobs flicking in agitation. Luke sped up as if to catch one sending them careening in every direction. I just shook my head as he flashed that dimpled smile again.

We pulled up to the Lars?farm hot and windblown. Mrs. Lars was waiting for us at the door, waving. She had the table in the dining alcove cleared off and cold glasses of blue milk poured. Then she placed a huge plate of muja fruit tarts in front of us. Just the smell of the fruit filling in the sweet flaky crust made my mouth water. Stars?that woman can bake! Luke quickly grabbed two of the pastries and began to eat, talking to his aunt the whole time. I nibbled, savoring each delectable bit. Mmmmmm??

After washing down our snack with milk, I got out the flimsiplasts that Mr. Llewyn gave me to work on. As I picked up my stylus, I noticed Luke staring at me?at my mouth.

?What?? I asked.

?You?you?ve got a little?? He reached over with his finger and wiped the corner of my mouth removing the muja juice that was on it. ?There!? he said, smiling and popped it into his own mouth.

I blushed to the roots of my hair.

?What?? Luke asked.

?Nothing,? I said, the heat radiating off my face. It had just seemed so?so intimate, some how.

Mrs. Lars returned with a basket and sat down in her greel wood rocker. She smiled at us as she picked up a pair of pants and began mending. I listened to the rhythmic creaking of her rocker and relaxed in the comfort of her prescience. I envied Luke his relationship with his aunt. They had such an easy rapport.

Luke struggled initially trying to explain the first problem. Mathematics just comes so easily to him. Stars?he?s smart! He had to find a way to break things down to a much more rudimentary level for me.

½ x + 6y = 28 3x + 2y = 100

?This one you can just about do in your head,? Luke said, wanting to skip it.

?For you, maybe,? I said. ?But for me this is all Jawa-speak!?

Luke stared at me. ?You can?t see it??

?Luke!? admonished Mrs. Lars, looking up from a torn tunic.

?Sorry?okay let?s break it down. Multiply it all by 2 so that you eliminate the fraction.?

?You can do that?? I asked.

?Sure.?

?If you say so?.?

x + 12y =56

?So, now we get?.?

x = 56-12y

?But Luke, how do we know what ?y? is??

?Like this! Plug in the part of the equation we?ve already worked out.?

3(56-12y) + 2y = 100

?Don?t forget,? Luke said. ?Solve inside the parenthesis first.?

?Sure, sure?what?s next??

168-36y + 2y =100

168-34y = 100

-34y = -68

y = -68/-34

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    See, now, why couldn't Luke have been MY math tutor? :p

I feel for Tani.

ginchy + math = [face_beatup]

Great update, lady! Awww, Tani's already falling for the Farmboy. Who can blame her? LOL!

9. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    [face_blush] I love math

Great job[:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I could just see them RACING!! home. :) :)
    Oooh, the math made my brain hurt. [face_laugh] How you remember that stuff. :D I'm like Tani, math impaired. [face_laugh]

Fave part:
    After washing down our snack with milk, I got out the flimsiplasts that Mr. Llewyn gave me to work on. As I picked up my stylus, I noticed Luke staring
    at me?at my mouth.

?What?? I asked.

?You?you?ve got a little?? He reached over with his finger and wiped the corner of my mouth removing the muja juice that was on it. ?There!? he said, smiling
    and popped it into his own mouth.

That, and the tart, delicious!!!! :)
    Tani's fallen already I think. ;)
    How could she not? [face_love]

11. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    =D= [face_laugh]

Wonderful!

Hey I have a couple of equations of my own:

Writing + Jade_Pilot = Mushy romance

Luke + Tani = SQUEEE!

Cheers,
    Wyo

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Ah, I can't stand math either! [face_frustrated] [face_laugh]

?That?s right! You did it, Tani.? Luke smiled and popped another muja tart into his mouth.?

?One down and a ga-billion to go?? I sighed. ?I hope my brain holds out.? And from somewhere in the back of my mind I heard ..."and your heart."

Awwww [face_love]

=D=

13. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Wonderful update!

?This one you can just about do in your head,? Luke said, wanting to skip it.
    ?For you, maybe,? I said. ?But for me this is all Jawa-speak!?
    Luke stared at me. ?You can?t see it??
    ?Luke!? admonished Mrs. Lars, looking up from a torn tunic.

As always, it's good to see Aunt Beru. I love the Jawa-speak reference! And isn't it disgusting how some people's minds just work this way--all mathematical? My husband took Calculus II as his "basket weaving" course in college!

[face_love]Hold onto your heart Tani-girl!

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Awww! I'm grinning from ear to ear.:D I love the chemistry between these two. Luke looking at her mouth, Tani blushing... Very sweet stirrings of puppy love. And all I have to say is this: Where was Luke when I was studying for my GREs? o_O Then I would have found the math part somewhat bearable ;)

Can't wait for the next update!
    P.S. - The Tatooine Tango? :eek: Lady, you crack me up! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D=

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Luke smiled. His eyes sparkled as the wind whipped through his sun streaked hair. I could see how much he loved this?speeding across the hot desert sands.

I can just see that. He is a speed demon, I would think.:D

I loved Beru. She's the best mom. And Luke is so sweet and natural with her. He's just that way -- everything is right there, out in the open with his emotions. Such a contrast to the snippy, petty "friends" he hangs out with. Just like Tani.[:D]

PS -- Good job with the math! :p

Nice update, JP!! =D=

16. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I love your descriptions of Luke and Aunt Beru's relationship and his and Tani's budding one.

I never liked math and it never liked me.

Love this story.
    =D==D==D=

17. Cpt_Typo

Cpt_Typo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    loved it. Loved the Tatooine Tango line. Can not wait for the next post.

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    ginchy: I agree! If Luke had been my tutor, I'd have majored in him...I mean math! Thanks, ginchy!

G Anakin: Thank you for reading!

Jade eyes: I am math impaired, too. [face_laugh] So, I'll admit I had a little help from Mr. Jade Pilot. Thank you for reading!

WyoJedi: Thank you little brother! [:D]

VaderLVR: It seems there are a lot of us in need of Luke's help! ;) heeheehee Thanks, Vadey!

Blue milkshake: I, too love Aunt Beru. "My husband took Calculus II as his "basket weaving" course in college!"

Wow! What a mega brain he must be? And what did he grow up to be? Thank you for reading!

Miranda Fair: Yep, our farmboy could have his own little monopoly going! Thank you!

divapilot: "Good job with the math"

Thank you! Of course you know my secret. LOVE the new icon, looks just how I pictured your darling Alida!

Lea-El: Thank you so much! :)

Cpt Typo: I appreciate you hanging in there with me! :)

19. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry #25>

Mathematics has become my life.

My first test is in two weeks so even at mid-day meal breaks at school, I haul out my flimsies and work on them, scarfing down a bite or two of food as I work. Luke has even started to show up and sit at my table, in case I need help?which is often.

Just yesterday he tried to explain those annoying word problems that are the bane of my existence.

?I?ll never get this!? I said, burying my face in my hands.

?Come on Tani, don?t be so melodramatic,? Luke said, picking up my stylus. ?Try reading it aloud.?

I sighed. ?If a Sorosub X-34 landspeeder traveling 100 kilometers an hour leaves Anchorhead at 0900 and a Zephyr-G Swoop bike traveling 75 kilometers an hour leaves Motesta at 0700, which vehicle will arrive at Mos Eisley first.?

?It?s not that hard, look?first you?ve got to?? he paused.

?Yes?..?? I asked looking across the dining hall to see what had captured Luke?s attention. There was Camie walking toward the drink dispenser with her meal tray. ?You have got to be kidding me!?

Luke flushed. ?What? It?s nothing?where were we??

?Tell me you have given up on the infatuation you have with that girl??

?Ah, but hope springs eternal for a lad in love!? Biggs Darklighter dropped down into the seat next to Luke and opened his pack, pulling out his meal. ?I?ve been wondering where you?d gotten off to lately?seems our tiny doll has captured your extensive imagination of late.?

I clenched my teeth, trying to think of a clever retort. I didn?t care how good a friend he is to Luke. I?d had it with the teasing.

?Come on, Biggs. She hates being called that.?

Biggs raised an eyebrow and grinned. ?Coming to the young lady?s defense are we? Careful Luke, you might just replace one infatuation with another.?

?Biggs?? I growled.

?Tani and I are just friends. I?ve been helping her with mathematics.?

?I see,? said Biggs, breaking a honey bread loaf in half and giving part to Luke. ?Well, then any friend of Luke?s is a friend of mine, Tani Dahl.? He seemed to eye me critically and then handed me a section of bread, also.

I took a bite rolling the soft doughy chunk in my mouth. ?Thanks.?

He winked at me and then turned to Luke. ?So, I have the most incredible news?I have been accepted into the Academy and will train at the Coruscanti Pilot institute.?

?Biggs! That?s great!? Luke reached over and clasped hands with the older boy. ?You must be thrilled.?

?Yes, I am,? he said. He looked down a moment and then back at his long time friend. ?I just wish you were going with me Luke.?

?Me, too,? Luke admitted. ?But one more year here and then I?ll be following you to Coruscant.?

?Coruscant?? I asked. ?I didn?t realize you would be going there, too.?

Biggs took another bite of bread, watching Luke and I.

?That?s where the Pilot Institute is. I mean, first I have to get accepted and all, but Uncle Owen has agreed to let me apply after finishing school here.?

?So, Tani will be on Coruscant also?interesting.? Biggs smiled taking a drink. ?I wonder where the delectable Miss Camie will be heading??

Luke looked up toward the back of the hall and sighed. ?She?s staying here?on Tatooine.? Camie had just finished her meal and was attempting to carry her heavy pack and tray to the recycle droid. Luke bolted from his seat in her direction.

?Pathetic...? I murmured under my breath.

?Come now?don?t be too hard on the boy. It?s not like he can help which direction his heart leads him.?

I snorted.

Biggs chuckled. ?That?s what I?ve always liked about you, Tani. No pretense, no games or disguised motives.?

I stared at him, shocked by his statement. ?I always thought you hated me. The way you tease me all the time.?

He folded his arms. ?If I hated you, I would have ignored you all the time.?

?Men,? I mumbled. ?I don?t think I?ll ever understand you. Take Luke?here?s a sweet guy who would give you his last swallow of water and he goes and falls for the one girl on Tatooine who coul

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, Biggs! Great cameo by him there, gal! Loved it!

And you're going to hit me with a stick or something, but that makes me wonder what Biggs would have thought of Mara. LOL *ducks* ;)

Great update, and Biggs is right--what excuse will Tani and Luke use?? [face_laugh]

21. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    I enjoyed seeing Biggs acting more friendly to Tani. Guess Luke's friendship has some social benefits as well. Poor thing though... Luke is still stuck on Camie. When is he going to notice what's right in front of him?

?Then it makes me wonder??

?Wonder what?? Luke asked sitting down and picking up my stylus.

Biggs took a sip of milk and then grinned. ?What excuse the two of you will use after the tests are all over.?

I completely agree with Biggs here... ;)

Can't wait for more!

Cheers,
    Wyo

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked Biggs in this. He's right about many things: Camie's not pretty on the inside; if he didn't like Tani, he would have ignored her; Tani is honest and doesn't play; Luke's also upfront with his feelings so that makes them more of a good match (I won't say perfect) [face_laugh] ;) Luke and Tani are at a really interesting stage right now; they like each other but don't realize how much yet. [face_laugh] o_O

Hee!!!!! What excuse will they think up once the tests are over? :D :D

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Gotta love Biggs!!! [face_love]

=D=

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    "I see,? said Biggs, breaking a honey bread loaf in half and giving part to Luke. ?Well, then any friend of Luke?s is a friend of mine, Tani Dahl.? He seemed to eye me critically and then handed me a section of bread, also.

So people can change! Tani has won the respect of Biggs.

Tani and Luke are so sweet together.And Jade_eyes is right -- they don't even see the attraction yet.[face_batting]

Good job capturing that wildest of places: the high school cafeteria.:D

25. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    I like your Luke, most of the time he just annoys me. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.