main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Promises **Dear Diary 2007 Challenge** Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Jep, i always have wondered why no fic author has ever written little AU where we could read Biggs thought's about Mara, because he would have unique perspective about Luke's earlier life /* bite bunny, bite hard someone */ [face_mischief]

anyway Math was not my favorite in school either

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Biggs may not be such a bad guy after all.

Poor Luke chasing a mirage. [face_batting]

Good work
    =D==D==D=

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Eep! All that math was Jawa-speak to me, too. My eyes crossed just reading it. [face_blush]

Nice scene with Biggs! And he has a point - what excuse will they use next? [face_mischief]

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Sorry I am just replying now. Just when I think I'm all set to respond, I either get booted off my computer or some other annoyance tells me differently. [face_plain]

What a pleasant surprise to see Biggs! I was so happy to see him interact with Luke and Tani. I really enjoyed his honesty to Luke and to Tani. That was what made him such a great character in ANH. Hopefully someday all those Tatooine scenes will be added to complete things. Anywho...you do Biggs justice. =D=

Poor Tani...finally she is making progress but then farmboy goes off like a lost puppy toward Camie. Maybe if she distanced herself from Luke, he'd realize his feelings and miss their connection. Since it's more than anything he's got going on with Camie. HAH! Who am I kidding? This is the same Jedi Master that took 10 years to ask Mara to marry him. Well, who know? This is an AUer after all! Ah...*sighs* the little games kids and teenagers play. 8-}

Great update! @};-

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ginchy: I think Biggs would've been intimidated by Mara! At least if he knew what was good for him. ;) Thanks, ginchy! :)

WyoJedi: Oh, you boys! It's always the unattainable girl instead of the one right under your noses! j/k...sort of. Thanks little brother.

Jade eyes: I think Biggs is the only one who knows what's going on! Thank you for reading and your encouragement. :)

VaderLVR: I totally agree! Thanks! :)

divapilot: Good job capturing that wildest of places: the high school cafeteria

I HOPE you don't have to do that duty! At DS's school it's a literal zoo! Thanks, sister-pilot!

G Anakin: I like your Luke, most of the time he just annoys me.

Thanks! [:D]

tasujad: Thank you for reading! :) Maybe someone will pick up the bunny hopping around.

Lea-El: Thank you! I have faith that Luke will wake up and smell the caf soon! ;)

JediTrace: Loved your self-actualization challenge! [face_laugh] And thanks so much for sticking with this OC/Luke romance. I still have trouble believing that I'm writing one!

Miranda Fair: You nailed it! It did take Luke 10 years to figure out his relationship with Mara. Thank you for reading! :)

6. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry #39>

I scored an 88%.

I could hardly believe it when Mr. Llewyn handed back the tests! My face flushed when he smiled and said, ?Miss Dahl, I do believe there is hope for you after all.?

Of course the first thing I did after school was run out to Luke?s speeder and propel myself into his arms. I was laughing so hard, he couldn?t even hear me ramble on about the test. When I finally showed him the flimsie he broke out into a huge smile, dimples and all.

?We have to celebrate!? Luke announced, turning on the engine.

?How?? I was so happy, I didn?t really care. I actually had a fighting chance at this scholarship and I wanted to shout it from the Dune Sea! I GOT AN 88% IN MATHEMATICS!!!!

He pulled around to the school parking area and turned off the engine. ?Come on, I?m buying you a fruited ice.?

I hoped out of Luke?s speeder, my mouth hanging open. ?Are you crazy? Do you know how expensive those are??

He laughed and marched us over to the small café, opening the door. ?Hey, I?m a man of means! I just finished fixing the hydraulic system to Mr. Darklighter?s hydroponics facility. He even gave me a bonus.?

We entered the darkly lit room and sat at the table furthest from the door. I had never been inside before and sat staring at everything around me. The temperature inside felt so cool as I leaned back against the deep upholstered chair. There was even artwork on the walls and softly hued placemats with flowers printed on them. The waitress slowly approached. She wore a tight fitting bodice and color on her lips.

?You kids in the right place??

?Absolutely!? Luke interjected. ?We?d like to order two fruited ices, please.?

The waitress raised an eyebrow and placed her hand on her hips. ?Son, I?m going to have to see some credits before I bring you anything.?

We were dead bantha meat! I just knew a huge guy with blaster burn scars answering to the name of Dak would be coming out soon to toss us back into the hot afternoon suns.

?No problem,? said Luke smiling. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a hand full of credits.

?Holy-sandstorm, Luke!? I sputtered. He had more loot resting in his palm than I?d ever seen in my whole life.

The waitress smiled wryly. ?You want gani-berry or treal??

?Treal for me?how about you, Tani??

I stared at Luke?s hand a few more seconds, trying to form the words. ?T-treal sounds good.?

She left shaking her head as she wrote down our order.

?Are you sun baked?? I asked. ?You should be saving that, not spending it on something as frivolous as fruited ices.?

He flashed a little grin at me. ?Tani, there are times when you?ve just got to splurge a little. You and I have worked hard these last four weeks and it?s time to celebrate.?

I sat there wondering if I really knew Luke Skywalker at all. ?This just seems so out of character?I mean, I?d think you?d want to bring Camie here instead of me.?

His looked down at his hands and sighed. ?Nah?I?ve finally realized that you and Biggs were right. She doesn?t care about me.?

?What happened??

?Nothing really?? he said softly. ?I think I?ve just started seeing some things in a different light, that?s all.?

The waitress arrived with two frosted crystal bowls?even the spoons were chilled! But the best part was the frozen concoction piled up past the lip of the bowl. I took a small bite, closing my eyes and moaning out loud as the succulent ice melted in my mouth.

I scooped up a bigger spoonful and paused as I noticed Luke looking at me strangely. ?Sorry,? I whispered, flushing. ?Didn?t mean to be so verbal.?

He continued to stare, his dessert untouched. ?No?uh, that?s fine.? He swallowed and picked up his spoon.

?What?s wrong??

?Nothing!? he squeaked, taking a bite.

We sat in a companionable silence as we each finished the last of our fruit.

I looked down at my empty dish. ?Slap me if I start to lick the bowl, okay??

He laughed and shook his head.

?What??

?You?re just so easy to be around, Tani,? Luke said. ?I?ve neve

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job Jade_Pilot!

8. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Woohoo!!!! Love it, love it, love it!

Luke's vulnerability and Tani's sweet supportiveness are a wonderful dynamic. So the spark of romance begins to flame :D Magnificent!

I also loved Tani's final line. Perfect ending point for this update!

Cheers,
    Wyo

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. @};-

88%!! =D= Definitely worth celebrating!!!
    Those fruity ices!!! Sounded delicious! :D
    I, like Tani, have to force myself not to lick bowls and plates in public [face_laugh] ;)
    Woohoo for this part:
    He smiled a shy sort of smile and then looked down at our entwined fingers.

?Oh, sorry!? I said, unlocking my fingers from his.

?No?I-I like it.?

Yeppers, Camie is definitely a scorching idiot! [face_laugh]
    But Tani isn't!!! [face_dancing]

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hee, Cami is a scorching idiot! [face_laugh]

Great job, Tani! When I got my first B in math (in COLLEGE) I framed it. :D

Wonderful job on continuing to give your OC a unique voice, gal. Excellent update! =D=

11. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    okay I admit I am in Luking mode on this oone, but I feel it is time to get out again :D

I love this romance more and more....=D= you are doing a really good job in the development of their relationship. Just so cute and sweet! [face_love] [face_love]

Cannot wait for the next update though!

cheers,

VeryBusy

12. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    I feel like I am one of those fruited ices that has been out in the sun for too long. ;) Melting with Tani and Luke's conversation. [face_love] It was sweet of Luke to open up to Tani and she was wonderfully supportive. Thankfully Luke is starting to realize how friends should really treat each other and now maybe he is realizing something more about Tani... I found the part about Aunt Beru touching.

le sigh!

[face_love]

Another great chapter to move their relationship along. =D=

13. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Yah! She passed. That was so sweet of Luke to treat her to an iced fruit. That would have to be expensive on Tatooine.

Thanks for the pm @};-

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved the interaction between them all here! Lovely! =D=

15. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    [face_love][face_love][face_love]Ubercute. Glad I picked this jewel of fic

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Those fruited ices sounded so good!

So they are holding hands, and Camie's a scorching idiot. [face_love]

Lovely, and very natural, conversation between the two of them.

Nice job!!!

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Hold on--things are going to get a tad bumpy!

G Anakin: Thank you so much! :)

WyoJedi: Merci! But love does not always run a smooth course now, does it? ;)

Jade eyes: Yeppers, Camie is definitely a scorching idiot! [face_laugh]

That cracked me up. Thank you Jade eyes! [:D]

ginchy: Thank you! And now for the angst...hold on dearie! ;)

verybusy: Thank you and thanks for posting. I really appreciate your kind words. :)

MirandaFair: Thank you! I just love Aunt Beru, I love ff about her and how she filled the role of mother in Luke's life. I think that's why Luke pined after his father so much and not his mother. Beru just took care of the maternal role in his life.

Lea-El: Thank you for reading. Luke is still a tad reckless. Will Tani help him to see that? Hmmmmmmm???

VaderLVR: Thanks! It just has to be about their interaction and the budding relationship for it to work as a diary piece, I think. This is all new to me, but I'm starting to get a feel for it. ;)

Feng Huang: Ubercute. Glad I picked this jewel of fic

Thank you so much! :)

divapilot: Thank you Sister-pilot! [:D]

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    <Journal entry # 40 >

We got to Luke?s place today and shuffled into the dining alcove ready to study?or at least I was. Luke dropped his pack on the table and ignored the snack Aunt Beru had laid out for us. I still smile when I recall last week?s visit when she asked me to call her that: Aunt Beru. Just saying her name makes me feel all warm inside.

?This table is too small,? Luke announced.

?What do you mean?? I mumbled between bites of dried cottle fruit. ?It?s fine.?

Luke frowned at me. ?No it?s not. We need a bigger table.?

?Luke honey, the only table bigger than this one is out in the garage,? Aunt Beru said, pausing in her rocker.

?Exactly! Come on Tani, let?s move to the garage.? He picked up his pack and headed back toward the courtyard.

?But-but?we?ve got everything right here.? I looked over at Aunt Beru mimicking the puzzled look on her face. ?I don?t understand why??

He turned around and glared at me. ?I?m telling you we need a bigger table?now come on!?

Reluctantly I shouldered my pack, still reeling from the sudden change in Luke?s behavior. Smiling one last time at Aunt Beru, I followed him out and over to the garage.

It was hotter and a lot dustier, but the table was bigger. Luke dumped his pack and began taking out his supplies without a word.

?Are you going to tell me what that was all about?? I pulled out my flimsies and sat down.

He didn?t look up, just kept arranging things on the flat surface. ?Nothing. We just??

??need a bigger table,? I finished, shaking my head.

?What did Mr. Llewyn give you to work on?? Luke dragged a chair around to my side of the table and scooted right up next to me.

?Coordinate planes.? I looked up, startled that his face was so close to mine. I could see the clear blue of his eyes and feel the warmth of his body.

?Okay, do you know how to form your horizontal number line??

I paused, trying to scoot my chair away from his, but the chair was butted against the table leg. ?That?s the x-axis, right??

?Right,? he said leaning closer and taking the stylus from my hand. ?What about the vertical line??

?That?s the?.y-axis??

?Good?and what is the intersect point called??

I thought for a moment, biting my lower lip. That?s when I noticed him staring at my mouth. ?That?s called the ?something? of ?something.?

He laughed. ?Point of origin.? He doodled a bit and then looked back up at me, his face moving closer to mine. ?Uh?Tani??

?Yeah??

?Have you ever??

?I thought you two might be hungry by now.? Aunt Beru appeared at the doorway with a tray of the dried cottle fruit and two glasses of blue milk.

?AUNT BERU!? Luke almost fell over backwards as he sprang out of his chair.

?Yes, dear?? she said, laying the tray on the table.

I reached over grabbing two of the fruits and stuffed one in my mouth. ?Thanks! I?m starving.?

Luke shifted his weight, folding his arms across his chest. ?You almost gave me a coronary!?

?Well I?m not interrupting anything am I?? She stood there with a tight smile on her face.

I looked at Luke looking at his aunt who looked back at him. ?Uh, no?just coordinate planes.?

?Good,? she breathed deeply. ?Then I?ll just head back up to the kitchen. I?m making some cinnamon flatbread Tani, so as soon as it?s ready I?ll bring some down to you?and Luke.? She raised her eyebrows and remained by the table.

?That sounds great?thanks Mrs. Lar?I mean, Aunt Beru.?

?Of course, dear?I?ll be right back?in just a moment or two. Won?t take me long at all.? She crossed to the door, staring at Luke the entire way.

He seemed to be waiting for her to leave and then sat back down. ?Finally!?

?What has gotten into you today??

?NOTHING! Now...where were we?? He moved in close and rested his arm on the back of my chair.

?Well some of us have been working on coordinate planes. I don?t know what you?ve been doing?? I found out today that Luke Skywalker can look affronted.

He cleared his throat. ?What do you need to locate a poin

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hel-lo!!!!!! Where did Tani's sense go? Yoohoo!!! Don't you turn into a scorching idiot now!!! [face_frustrated]
    Repeat after me: Yes!!! The answer is YES!! [face_laugh]

Very ... interesting update. Surprising that is. [face_laugh] :) Or is she just testing him? Yeah, *relieved sigh* ;) that has to be it. [face_laugh]

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :eek: LUKE SKYWALKER HAS YOUR AUNT BERU TAUGHT YOU NOTHING???

That bad boy! He needs to be taught a lesson... [face_mischief]

I mean, ahem. Naughty boy!! This is why it took him 10 years with Mara. He learned early that women will just bust you in the mouth if you get too fresh. [face_laugh]

Poor Tani, what a pickle! And poor hormonal Luke. But, this is NOT the way! LOL!

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    :rolleyes: Smooth, Luke. REEEEAAAAALLLLL smooth.

Well, this is a bit one sided. But, I think Tani has feelings, too; she just isn't ready to express them.

Yoda voice: <Reckless the boy is.> He's gonna scare away the girls![face_laugh]

Sweet update. Love how Aunt Beru figured right away that something was up. (Maybe she remembers the "bigger table in the garage trick" herself.)

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Loved it! =D=

23. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh, Luke is a bad, bad boy [face_shame_on_you] But I guess after chasing Camie for so long finally having someone who likes him has made him all kinds of crazy.

Good to see that Tani isn't letting her feelings cloud her common sense. What a smart girl :D

What a wonderful update... and I just loved Aunt Beru's little intrusion ;)

Cheers,
    Wyo

24. MirandaFair

Jun 13, 2005
    I think that's why Luke pined after his father so much and not his mother. Beru just took care of the maternal role in his life.

Wonderful insight, JP! I couldn't agree more with you.

It was great seeing more of Aunt Beru and I love how perfect or imperfect (depending on you POV ;) ) her timing was.

And talking about rushing things... Whoa... easy there, Luke. At least a younger Han Solo or Lando Calrissian would have had a better line to come before the smooching. It's all in the approach and that's what gives young Luke his charming naivety.

Anxious to see where things go from here! Great, great work. =D=

edit: typo

25. Cpt_Typo

Cpt_Typo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    Sorry for being so late in replying. I Loved it. Can not waiti for the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.