main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Road ~ Wes/Inyri songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Myri_Antilles, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I set out on a narrow way many years ago
    Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
    But I got lost a time or two
    Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
    I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Wes jogged along the deserted corridor, desperately searching for her. Kriff, he thought. I have to get to her before she leaves! He thought back to when he had first met her. She had just returned from Wedge?s war on Isard and her bacta monopoly. They hadn?t hit it off well.

Wes grinned and waved at the departing crowd. Wedge rolled his eyes and slapped him on the back. ?Nice to see that some things never change.?

Tycho snorted at this and Hobbie said, ?Yeah, he?s getting worse, Wedge. You should really do something about it.?

A petite, dark-haired woman Wes didn?t know walked over to them. ?When?s the debriefing??

Wedge glanced at his chrono. ?Soon. Wes, why don?t you and Inyri go find the other pilots? I need to talk to someone.? He motioned for Tycho and Hobbie to join him, leaving Inyri scowling at Wes.

Wes bowed playfully. ?You must be Inyri. I?m Wes Janson.? He flashed her his most charming smile.

She rolled her eyes and started walked quickly away. ?C?mon,? she tossed over her shoulder. ?We have to round the others up.?

Sulking, Wes followed her silently.

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true
    That God blessed the broken road
    That led me straight to you

Wes thought back to all his failed relationships over the years. He had known none of them would work out, but, somehow, he had ignored all the warning signs. Now he saw that each one had pushed him closer to a relationship with Inyri. They had pushed him to the point where he hadn?t wanted a relationship anymore.

Then, Inyri had unexplainably reopened the possibility for him.

A knock sounded on Wes? door. Wes pulled himself out of bed, scratching his back and yawning. ?Who?s there?? he asked sleepily.

?Wes? Can I come in?? It was Inyri. She sounded suspiciously like she had been crying.

Frowning slightly, Wes opened the door and discovered that Inyri had indeed been crying. Without thinking, he opened his arms and she fell inside them. ?What?s wrong, ?Nyri??

Sniffling, she said, ?You know Jordyn Herst??

Wes stiffened. Inyri had been seriously dating Jordyn for several months. Pulling back, he nodded. ?What about him??

Inyri took a deep breath. ?He?s engaged.?

Confused, Wes just stared at Inyri.

?He?s been dating someone else, from his home planet, and they just announced their engagement. I feel so dumb, Wes. He?s been cheating on her with me. I was just a fling. Oh, stang?? she trailed off, burying her head in Wes?s chest as the tears began to flow again.

Wes silently vowed to track Jordyn down the next day and deck him.

They stood there for a long time, Wes just holding Inyri, before he finally took her back to her room to get some sleep. The next day, he asked her out.

She said yes.

I think about the years I spent just passing through
    I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
    But you just smile and take my hand
    You've been there you understand
    It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Wes sighed in frustration. He wished he would have seen it sooner. He wished he hadn?t been so dense? so bullheaded? so stanged idiotic. He had tried apologizing once?

?Inyri, I?m so sorry I didn?t see it sooner. I?m so sorry for the heartache I ?? He was cut off by Inyri?s intense whisper.

?No, Wes. Don?t say it. We were both stupid and kriffing blind. But I won?t let you hold that against yourself.? She reached out and took his hand in hers, squeezing it.

He leaned down and kissed her gently. When he broke away, she was smiling. Resting his forehead on hers, he whispered, ?Maybe it had to happen that way. Maybe we needed that.?

?Don?t try to phi

2. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    *Snags first post*

Edit: I didn't even spell snags right :p

That was so sweet Myri, with one of the best pairings in the world too [:D]

Great Lyrics too, they were perfect

Wes ran through the doorway of the hangar bay, immediately spotting Inyri on her way to her X-Wing. Running towards her, he grabbed her from behind and turned her around, kissing her hard. When he pulled away, she had a look of shock on her face. ?What the kriff, Janson??

Typical :rolleyes: not that I'd be complaining ;)

Sam

3. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm very happy. So happy, in fact, that you get a long review!

They hadn?t hit it off well.
    Wonder why??

C?mon,? she tossed over her shoulder. ?We have to round the others up.?
    No, guess not!

Now he saw that each one had pushed him closer to a relationship with Inyri.
    Awwww! [face_love]

They had pushed him to the point where he hadn?t wanted a relationship anymore.
    Why? Poor Wessie-poo. [:D]

Inyri had been seriously dating Jordyn for several months. Pulling back, he nodded. ?What about him??

Inyri took a deep breath. ?He?s engaged.?

That JERK! :mad:

Wes silently vowed to track Jordyn down the next day and deck him.
    Wes is a sweet-heart!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

The next day, he asked her out.

She said yes.

*dances around thread* [face_dancing]

?No, Wes. Don?t say it. We were both stupid and kriffing blind. But I won?t let you hold that against yourself.?
    The perfect couple...

She reached out and took his hand in hers, squeezing it.
    Everyone has a softer side...

?Don?t try to philosophize, Janson. Just kiss me.?
    *wishes that she was Inyri* [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Running towards her, he grabbed her from behind and turned her around, kissing her hard.
    I love it when people kiss... :* :* :*

When he pulled away, she had a look of shock on her face. ?What the kriff, Janson??
    What, you don't want your boyfriend to kiss you, 'Nyri? :eek:

?I couldn?t let you go like that, ?Nyri. I can?t lose you.? He clung to her. ?We?ve been through too much to get to the point we were at. We can?t lose that.?
    MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

?I?ll see you when I get back, flyboy. Take me out for dinner??
    See above. :p

Then, he leaned down and kissed her, holding her close in his arms.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Great fic, Myri. I really needed the mushiness, [:D]

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh sweet little viggie Myri! LOve it! Ooh and I love that song too. :-D

5. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    :D Fantastic job, Myri.

I'd quote parts, but I think Mirax has it covered. ;) Great job, nice use of the song - I'd like to know a little bit more of what's going on, but hey, a viggie is good. O:)

Keep up the great work! :D

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_love]

It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true... [face_blush]

I hope its true for Wes! (And Myra!!!)

Great job, Myri.

oldj

7. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm very happy now. :D Thanks, Myri [face_love]

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    THAT WAS AWESOME! I LOVE WES/INYRI TOGETHER! GREAT JOB OMG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.