main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

broken sword

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by VILLIEMACE, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VILLIEMACE

VILLIEMACE Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2001
    Has anyone ever played Broken Sword: shadow of the templars? I am playing it at the moment and am really enjoying it.

The main character is an american guy called George Stobbart. While he is on holiday in Paris, he is nearly killed in a bomb blast that is set off by a guy dressed as a clown. He then spends the rest of the game trying to find out the reason behind the explosion and ends up trying to stop the evil plans of a group called the Templars.

I like the game for the fact that the characters are really cool and likeable and the script is really funny and postmodern. I am in Syria at the moment and have just met Duane and Pearl Henderson. I am really looking forward to completing the game and playing Broken Sword 2.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's a great game. Not as good as the LA adventures, but quite entertaining.

BTW, fear the chess puzzle. You'll soon know why...

3. VILLIEMACE

May 15, 2001
    If you mean the chess puzzle that you do in Spain, I did not have any problems with that. By the way what are the la stories you are talking about

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island.

Take your pick.

LA is a one of the ways to abbriviate LucasArts.
    (Although, the official abbreviation is LEC, for Lucasarts Entertainment Company.)

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yup, Broken Sword is a very good game. The sequel is a bit less to my liking, but it still is a great adventure game.

There's a third opus coming this year. Can't wait to play it... Although they moved to 3D, and the game definitively lost its graphical charm.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    If you mean the chess puzzle that you do in Spain, I did not have any problems with that.

:eek: May I worship you?

7. VILLIEMACE

May 15, 2001
    If you want to. I have played chess a number of times and it took me a while to figure the puzzle out but I managed it in the end.

8. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Jeez, that puzzle takes 3 seconds.

If you want real puzzles, play 'The Daedleus Encounter'.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Hm. I had no special problems with the puzzles from Daedalus Encounter. //shrugs// Maybe the presence of Tia Carrere inspired me? Or maybe I'm allergical to chess puzzles. Who knows. :confused:

Back on topic: does anybody know anything about the plot of Broken Sword 3?

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I used to have this game way back when it first came out. Back then it was called Circle of Blood. Much better title IMO, but they changed it for the kiddies. *sigh*

11. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Broken Sword was a very cool game. But I am also a chess lover, and that chess puzzle still took a while. The hardest part of the game was trying to snag the toilet brush of Arto. That took expert mouse manipulation, and it didn't help that my computer wasn't all that flash. But I loved George's one-liners, and the funny things he said when you used different items on people, and the responses you got. [face_laugh]. That game was a hoot, a great game, and an excellent all-round package. I loved it.

12. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Broken Sword 3 should be great, but does anyone know if the original cast will be providing the voiceovers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.