main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broken Vows (Post AOTC) - A/P's Marriage is Discovered: The Consequences (Preview for next story!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Scruffy-looking, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Scruffy,
    Bien fait = Well Done
    There isn't a whole lot more to say on this one. Returning to Naboo was a wonderful touch, it showed us Anakin's concern for others and will make his fall that much steeper and painful for all who knew him. Your writing has alowed us to watch him mature, I fear that by the time he "grows up" it will be too late.
    It will be hard to wait for the next work, but it will be very worth it.
    Thanks so much for sharing this.
    Reb!

2. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
    Fred,

I finally caught up with your last few chapters and am a little teary-eyed at the ending. Thanks so much for leaving them with a bit of happiness. Those poor tormented souls deserve a bit of joy, even though we all know that the darkness will soon fall over them. Great job writing the story overall--you handled all of the characters with great sensitivity and care!!!

Krista

3. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Brilliant, as usual. That was so cute how they renewed their vows with everyone there!

I'll be watching for your next fic ;)

4. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    sniff...sniff...

That was beautifully done, Scruff! I would almost be willing to give up GL's OT if it meant having a happily-ever-after ending to your story. Well...almost ;)

I can't find the right words to express my gratitude for all of the hard work and effort that you put into this story. So, I'll keep it simple.

Thank you.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, Fred... Amazing. Just amazing. As one who has been here from the beginning of your story, let me just say....

I wish the whole saga had ended that way......

:_|

But as someone said, then we wouldn't have the rest of the story........

I can't wait to read your next two and if you need beta help, let me know!!! AIM and email addy in the profile. :)

6. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Fred,

I've been meaning to post since reading your last entry but haven't been able to find the right words. Even these few seem inadequate :)

I've really enjoyed your story these last 4 months and I think you've done a great job w/it. I was sooo happy :) to see you ended it on a happy note!!

I look forward to your future epic! Again, great job!

PJ

7. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Fred -

Thanks so much for writing this story for us! It's truly been a privilege to read such quality writing -- in fact, I think it will be hard not to think unconsciously of your story as canon for the events leading up to Episode III until the film finally comes out! :)

Wonderful writing. Thanks again, and I look forward to sticking with you through your future projects ;)

Kim

8. Drusillac

Drusillac Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Thank you for writing such beautiful, entertaining stories...
    MTFBWY....always.

DRU

9. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Although i think you overdid it with the end, i also think, that this story will be one of my favourites.

You did an excellent job, even more since the only rewards are the satisfied replies from the readers.

Perhaps you should consider an Ep.III Infinities-Version with a happy-ending (although that means an unhappy-ending for my favourite character) for our lovely couple. In any case i´m looking forward to your next works.

10. Catkin

Catkin Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    **bows** An exceptional story. So moving and riveting. The action scenes were meticulous in their detail and visual imagery. Ani/Padme's pain was heartwrenching and it was almost disturbing, yet gratifyingly so, to see see the road Padme was prepared to travel down to get her beloved.

Renewing their vows was a wonderful touch. I couldn't read this fast enough so now I have to go and read it all over again. .....*applause, applause*....

Please do me a favor and direct me to your other stories!

Catkin

11. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Hi everyone, thank you so much for your wonderful words of praise! :D As long as there is one other reader who has enjoyed this story, I've done all that I would hope to as a fanfic author, but to see so many people having been entertained by this story... well, Master Yoda said it best, it "brings warm feelings to my heart." [face_blush]

I am slowly working on my next fanfic, as well as finally catching up on everyone else's. ;) But I wish to do an encore for everyone as well! :eek: I am willing to entertain ideas for "missing scenes" -- in other words, things you may have wished to see in the story of Broken Vows, which did not appear. If I get one or two good ideas for additional chapters, I'll be willing to write them up in the near future. Of course, I would dedicate those chapters to the people who proposed them, and give people some additional spoilers for my upcoming fanfics! ;)

A special word of thanks to Catkin, my newest reader! :) You may be interested in reading The Love of a Jedi, which Broken Vows is a sequel to.

Once again, many thanks!
    Scruffy

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hummm... Nookie Prince is seeking missing chapter ideas, anyone have any ideas?

13. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohh, how about what they did to celebrate the "victory" with the council? Did they at least have dinner together?
    How about how the news spread through the temple?....
    Just musings
    Reb!!

14. Catkin

Catkin Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    Thanks, Scruffy! I've found your site now so I will catch up on the prequel.

Possible missing scenes? At the time, I wondered just why Mace and Yoda wouldn't allow Obi-Wan to view the holorecording. That was something I wanted to read about - Obi's reactions of shock, and maybe something else....*g* ? - guess that brought out the voyeuristic pervert in me *oops*

I wonder though if it would have had an even bigger effect on Obi. After all, that recording also showed A/P having somewhat of a rational discussion. Perhaps Obi views it while A/P are on their second honeymoon? - the JC might figure the risk involved in allowing Ani to be away from them for a month with his beloved. A lot can change in that time and Obi needs to be as prepared as possible?

Naturally, one can never get quite enough of A/P scenes. Can't wait to read any extra scenes you write up in the service of your devoted fans - of which I am glad to be one.

Catkin

15. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Hi everyone, I have finally completed a bonus chapter for your enjoyment! :) It takes place after Anakin and Padme leave Coruscant for Naboo, right before Part One of the Epilogue begins.

Thanks Reb and Catkin for your suggestions! I'll see what I can do regarding them. And if anyone else wants to suggest other missing scenes, please let me know.

16. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Bonus Chapter #1

Crammed to the bursting point with Outbound passengers, the Mon Calamari starliner broke orbit and disappeared as it jumped into lightspeed.

Anakin and Padmé slowly made their way through the crowded corridors to their cabin. To their dismay, space was at such a premium that they had no choice but to consign R2 and 3P0 to the cargo holds for the duration.

?Master Anakin, please, don?t leave us!? C3P0 wailed plaintively.

?Sorry, 3P0,? Anakin replied, ?we don?t have a choice in the matter. Don?t worry, you have R2 to keep you company!?

?That isn?t very reassuring,? 3P0 responded to the rapidly departing Jedi. A discordant series of beeps and bloops from R2 left no doubt that the feeling was mutual.

Tipping over in resignation, 3P0 turned to his squat companion. ?Come on, R2. We?ll just have to make the most of the situation.? The two droids turned about and headed for the lifts.

Entering their cabin, they barely had room enough to stand. A bunk bed arrangement was to their left, and a mini-closet and restroom to their right. The small circular porthole provided the only break in the scenery, specially filtered to allow passengers to stare out into hyperspace without suffering the typical optical disorders that normally followed.

?I think we had more space on that freighter,? Padmé remarked dryly.

?The quarters on my ship are a luxury liner suite by comparison,? Anakin replied, smiling. ?But at least we have some privacy.?

?Yes.? She turned to wrap her arms around her husband in a warm tight embrace. He responded in kind, stroking her back with his left arm.

?Where did you get the idea?? she asked him.

He continued stroking her. ?It?s something that?s been hanging around in the back of my head for a while.? Anakin paused. ?I knew that as special as that ceremony on Naboo was, it would never be acceptable as a substitute for the real thing.?

Something troubled her about that statement. Tensing, she looked up into his face. ?Ani??

?That came out wrong,? he said hurriedly. ?I didn?t mean to imply that it wasn?t real, but? I know that ideally, you would have wanted your family to be there. Someday, I had hoped we could do so.?

She nodded and began to relax. ?Of course. And because you?re such a wonderful man, now it?s going to happen.? Padmé reached up to kiss him. Suddenly she broke away. ?Which reminds me, there are a ton of things we need to do. First of all??

?Wait, wait!? Anakin interrupted her, laughing. ?It?s all been taken care of, just relax.?

She raised an eyebrow. ?You??

Laughing again, he held up his hands. ?Not me. Your mother was overjoyed when I told her what we were going to do, and took all the responsibility upon herself to take care of the arrangements.?

Padmé had to smile at that. ?Yes, that?s just like my mom. Well, in that case, there?s only one thing left to worry about.?

Anakin cocked his head quizzically.

?Will that dress still fit?? She gave him a scrutinizing look.

Appraising her from head to toe, he replied in a serious voice, ?No problem at all.?

She grinned mischievously. ?Good boy.?

Anakin Skywalker bowed curtly to his Senator.

Padmé pressed the button and the doors opened. Inside, Anakin was standing with his back to her, silent and unmoving.

Uncertain, she began to back away.

?Wait,? he replied. She stopped.

?My meditation is almost finished, you don?t have to leave.?

?Are you sure??

?Yes. Please, come in.?

She stepped into the cabin, the doors closing behind her.

?I?m sorry for making you leave,? he said, still facing away. ?You know, you didn?t have to go.?

?I didn?t want to disturb you.? Where have I heard that before?

?Your presence is soothing,? he added, and Padmé didn?t need to see his face to feel his smile.

Padmé walked over to the lower bed and sat down. Anakin continued to stand, silent and immobile.

He?s been awfully quiet recently. No, that wasn?t quite right; Anakin?s wit and charm had not diminished at all in the

17. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    :eek: :D What a surprise...a bonus chapter! Thank you!

Awww...so close to happiness, but we know that it will remain illusive until they are joined again in the Force. Great job as usual!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ouch- piercing headache from 3PO's whine!!

Nice little peeky chapter. A/P scenes are always appreciated :D

19. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    OOOHHHHH.....
    After so long it is nice....
    Hey scruffy?? HAve you written some of your script for EpisodeIII?? I haven't seen it?

Awesome story......I have to say i loved it 'till the end!!! Bravo!!

20. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Padmé gets a little more understanding of the Force. Anakin hopes, he may know the future more than he thinks!

Nice bonus. :)

Edit: We have our lighters flicking out here, more, more. It looks like a starfield.

21. ForbiddenLove

ForbiddenLove Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    What a fantastic surprise!!!

Wonderfully written (as everything else has been)!! I was rather sad to see the story end so this is a very welcome and stellar thing to see! You do great work Scruffy. Thank you for deciding to share your talent and work with us! :D I very much look forward to your future works. :)

22. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohh an almost vallentine bonus!
    thanks Scruffy
    Bien fait!
    Reb

23. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Great Bonus chapter!! Valentines...

Possible missing scenes? At the time, I wondered just why Mace and Yoda wouldn't allow Obi-Wan to view the holorecording. That was something I wanted to read about - Obi's reactions of shock, and maybe something else....*g* ? - guess that brought out the voyeuristic pervert in me *oops*

I wonder though if it would have had an even bigger effect on Obi. After all, that recording also showed A/P having somewhat of a rational discussion. Perhaps Obi views it while A/P are on their second honeymoon? - the JC might figure the risk involved in allowing Ani to be away from them for a month with his beloved. A lot can change in that time and Obi needs to be as prepared as possible?

I'll second that request! I like the idea of while they are on honeymoon. Maybe the Council could brief him on their relationship and they acidentally include the recording in the material. THAT would be funny...

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great bonus chappie Scruff!!!! :) I love your Anakin! (Okay so I love EVERYBODY'S Anakin, but that's beside the poijt...) :)

25. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Ohh Scruffy! Thank you for the bonus!!!

A Pre-Valentine post! :cool:

Waiting for Ep III ( :_| ) <sniffle>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.