Broncos and Football 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    So who is ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

I know that I am. I cant wait for the Bronco season to start. Since it is 100 days away, I figured that it was time to start a football thread. So what is everyones predictions for this season, Broncos or Football in general? I think the Broncos will make the playoffs. I think they will win the AFC West. But they won't make the Superbowl. But the Patriots will win the Superbowl again.

This season will be tough with the loss of so many great offensive players, but our D will be awsome. :D

I can't wait. Also if anyone knows anybody with extra Broncos tickets please let me know. I might be intersted in buying some. :D :D
  2. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    I pick the Broncos every year,even if they have a bad time,im still a huge fan.
  3. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    my predictions:

- Jake Plummer and Ashley Lelie will blossom and become a potent combination early on in the season while the running game stabilizes.

- Al Wilson will guide the "D" to the top of the NFL once again, only this time he'll have a lot more help in the secondary.

- Someone will step up and make a big difference on kick/punt returns. This could end up being someone like Ahmad Galloway or even Champ Bailey.

- KC will once again be Denver's only competition for the AFC West title.

- Don't act suprised when we meet up with Indy in the playoffs again.
  4. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    "- Jake Plummer and Ashley Lelie will blossom and become a potent combination early on in the season while the running game stabilizes."

Go boy! ;) =D=

*SB*
  5. Jigzymt Jedi Youngling

Well I can't say I'm a huge Broncos fan although i have watched their offseason moves and I think they can do well this year.

I too see Jake Plummer coming along and Lelie will help him with that.

I'm a little worried about the running game with the loss of Portis and your O-line coach Alex Gibbs. He alway seemed to make the running game work with any back really. Although I am glad to see you've reloadad at the position. Hearst will provide some veteran experience, I like Bell's speed, and Griffin has shown he can carry the load so I think you still have a pretty good chance there although it's a spot to be concerned about.

Your secondary will be much tougher this year with the addition of Champ Bailey and John Lynch. This will compliment your already tough defense and I expect this defense to leave a mark when they play a team.

Me myself, I'm a Steelers man and I'm excited about our upcoming season as well. Live long on football!!!

6. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    we need to wait and see what they do at the linebacker.
  7. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry...KC is going to win the AFC West. Same kickass offense with an improved defense. Still strong on special teams.

As for the only competition in the AFC West...I dunno, Oakland is looking to put together a nice team this year...but it is a new team with a new coach, so who knows. I'd still watch out for them this year.

Haven't paid any attention to SD, so I dunno what to expect out of them.
  8. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    K.C always loses in the playoffs at home.
  9. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    they were in the 2nd round last season weren't they...

Doesn't matter. This year the curse is void. KC is going to the bigbowl.
  10. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah,they had a bye for the first game.
  11. melodyann Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, this is where i will have to tell you that the greatest team in football is the tennessee titans. Yes, Steve McNair MVP...in fact i got direct TV just so i can watch my titans games. :)
  12. tman Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't see the Broncos making the playoffs this year. I don't know how many times they can pull a running back out of there ***. I think this is the year that catches up with them.

My Dolphins have the same problems they had last year no Offensive line and a questionable QB.....

Given all that I am still ready for some football ;)
  13. Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Master

star 4
    sometimes they suck, sometimes they're awesome...but the broncos have always been my favorite team.
  14. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah,they had a bye for the first game.

yeah...and why did they get that bye?
  15. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    By the way...KC beats Denver the first game of the season...anyone up for the sock-name challenge?
  16. Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure... I don't think the Broncos new D will have trouble with KC's offense. KC's defense still needs work too, and that "joystick" guy wont have the same lucky year as last time.
  17. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Broncos will meet the Pats in the AFC championship this year. Tatum will meet everyones expectations.
  18. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Ditto that on this end, JD.
  20. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    You know I'm in this time. ;)
  21. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey JD what is a sock name challenge?
  22. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    If KC wins, JD picks a new screen name for you, last year if did bio's & everything, you have to post under that name for a given amount of time.

If the Broncos win, you give him a new screen name.

Go Broncos!!!!
  23. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well, that's 4 so far...might be the most sock-names being used on the board ever (outside of a sock puppet contest).

So you'll be in again Kimmay?

[face_devil]
  24. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The biggest change in Kansas City this offseason was to the coaching staff. Defensive coordinator Greg Robinson resigned shortly after the Chiefs lost 38-31 to the Colts in the playoffs. In a strange turn of events, Robinson was replaced by Gunther Cunningham, who was fired three years ago as Kansas City's head coach. "It is the most unusual turn of events that I've been part of in my professional career," Cunningham said at the time. "And I'm very happy about it." Cunningham inherits a defense that ranked No. 29 in the NFL last season. Under head coach Dick Vermeil the Chiefs have been all offense. Adding Cunningham balances that out. In 1995-98, when Cunningham was Kansas City's defensive coordinator, the Chiefs allowed the fewest points in the NFL in two of those seasons ('95 and '97).

just gives me a little more hope that KC's D will improve.
  25. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Then why did they FIRE him?

I don't know if I can play the sock challange :( If you allow me to do my CR duties & log on to do my duty then I'm in. But if under no circumstance can you do that, I'm out. [face_plain]

Broncos are going to tear your Chiefs up, boy! :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.