main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broncos and Football 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So 19 interceptions is good. So that is why he has the worst interception to touchdown ration in the NFL. So that must be good. No we need a new Quarterback, but I am sure we will not get one. There are many more Quarterbacks that are better than Plummer. Plummer is in the lower half of the Quarterbacks out there. I know the O line has had some issues but you do need to put some blame on Plummer.

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    as far as physical talent goes, Plummer is on the higher end of the spectrum...but until he can get his head on straight and quit making so many mistakes under pressure...he'll be found wanting. That said...I say keep Plummer. You won't likely be able to trade for or draft someone who can match his abilities...just need to figure out away to keep him from screwing up.

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I believe, that if you want to see a better team, you're gonna have to look from the top on down... You've got a team with some talent on the roster, and yet, they can't seem to pull it together... Where does that kind of quality come from? Coaching is the answer you are looking for, my friends

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    So 19 interceptions is good. So that is why he has the worst interception to touchdown ration in the NFL. So that must be good. No we need a new Quarterback, but I am sure we will not get one. There are many more Quarterbacks that are better than Plummer. Plummer is in the lower half of the Quarterbacks out there. I know the O line has had some issues but you do need to put some blame on Plummer.

Look at the rest of his stats. Look at his stats from last year. Look at how often he's been sacked this year. Look at how well he throws the ball outside of the pocket. Look at how mobile he is. Yes he has way too many interceptions this year, but even Tom Jackson thinks that the rest of his numbers are worthy of a Pro Bowl alternate spot.

Let's say for a moment that we traded Jake Plummer for Payton Manning. Our problems are solved right? Wrong. Look at the way the whole team has played this second half of the season. Just like the commentators were saying during the KC game, Denver will drive down the field and show signs of greatness, but they make mistakes and are not consistant enough. Things like that are not only the quarterback's fault. There are 10 other guys out there on the field that have to have their heads in the game as well. Consistant false start and holding penalties kill an offense just as much as an interception. And we've had way more than 19 of those this season. And you can't blame that entirely on the coaching staff either. The players have to decide for themselves if they're going to stay focused and give it their all.

5. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    We would look alot better with Payton.

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Not without some protection from that frontline, my boyo! Gotta get the horses to block.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well look at this! The Broncos came to play today. Excellent job all around. Only a couple of mistakes, but overall a great job by Denver. Kudos to Rod Smith for psyching the troops up.

Just like the commentators noted at the beginning of the game about what Rod said yesterday, the coaches do a good job getting the players in position, but it's the players that have to make the plays. And they made some great plays tonight. It's a longshot at this point, but if the Broncos make the playoffs and keep playing like they did tonight, they could make a decent run.

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Downfall or redemption, thy name is still CONSISTENCY....FLOL!

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    thy name is still killed the titans

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    nice little nailbiter between KC/Oakland...though both teams looked pretty bad for the most part. Tynes getting 1 FG blocked and bouncing another off the crossbar made it much closer than it should have been. Kennison got away with a fumble, but the refs seemed to have their heads up their butts on several missed calls (for both sides). Just glad to see that the Chiefs continue to realize that they don't have to choke in the 4th quarter of a close game (well, they kinda did with Green fumbling, but they recovered). Too bad they couldn't figure that out earlier this season.

Kennison is still looking good. Maybe if Green had been trying to throw to him all season instead of that bastard Jonnie Morton, they'd have done better. Split the receptions up between him and Tony G...not a bad set of weapons.

Samie Parker is also starting to look VERY nice...kid's a rookie and made some awesome veteran-looking grabs last night. I say cut Morton next year and start Samie Parker.

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, if there's two things I took away from that game, it was the superb play of the rookie Parker, and the Trent Green fumble that had me laughing out loud for a good few minutes. Man, I was sure they were going to lose the game at that point.

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Well here it is gang. With the Jags and Ravens losing today, the Broncos can clinch a spot in the playoffs with a win on Sunday at home against the Colts. I would bet the farm that the Colts let Denver win just so they can play them the very next week in Indy on Wild Card weekend. I doubt if we'll see much of Peyton in the game since he's already got the TD record and the Colts have already secured the #3 seed.

Just for a moment, let's assume that the Broncos win the game and are the lowest seed in the AFC. They are going to have to play at Indy in the first round. Then, if they somehow manage to beat the Colts, they'll be headed to Pittsburg to play the red hot Steelers. After that, they'd most likely play at San Diego or at New England. It doesn't look too good for our boys, but I'll make an early prediction: If, however unlikely, they manage to march into Heinz field and beat the Steelers, they will win the Superbowl. I'd love to see a repeat of the '97 season where the Broncos went in as a Wild Card team and won three straight playoff games on the road before beating the Packers in the Superbowl.

Sure, it's a longshot and it probably won't happen. But if these guys would just keep their confidence up and play like they did against the Titans, they're as good as any team in the league. And think what you want, but I believe Jake Plummer has what it takes to win a Superbowl ring.

Alright, enough crazy predictions for one day. I'm just happy that Denver now has an excellent chance of making the playoffs. :D

13. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Thankies to the Ravens and Jaguars for losing today. However, the Broncs aren't in just yet. If they get in, I don't expect them to go very far, but it would be nice just to see them make it. (And not have a repeat of last year's win and then brutal defeat by the same team.)

Anyways, I'll be watching, and in my new Lelie jersey. [face_dancing]

Oh, a little side tidbit for Jennifer Garner fans... Clickie

;)
    *SB*

14. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I just hope its not one and out.

15. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Well we have a really good chance to make the playoffs. I just wish that we could play San Diego instead.

16. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    The Broncs looked good against the Titans, however Tennessee didn't really put up a good showing themselves, unfortunately. If Indy benches their starters, I think we've got a shot at the Wildcard slot, otherwise I think they'll roll right over us. Consistency has been lacking across the board during the past 1/2 of the season, so it's gonna take some serious soul-searching for the Broncs to right themselves at this stage. Here's hoping for a 110% effort on Sunday.

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    well i have been thinking about this game.

and kudos to the broncos. congrats...

i will say this...i have followed the titans all season and we have had a pretty bad year. regardless of that fact, our boys go out every week and play their hearts out.

we had only 3 starters going into the game this weekend...and still it was pretty decent. tell you what..say what you want, but the titans have such integrity and are really out there playing football because they love the game.

and kudos to jeff fisher for keeping the team together as well as he has. this is only the second time the titans haven't been in a play-off position...but still they go out every week and play to win.

hopefully with the depth that the titans will have next year...and if our starters can get healthy...what a much better football team we will be. :)

ok that is all i am going to say...good luck to the broncos.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

My boyos take on the Rams tonight.......we'll see if they can do it.

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    It'll be interesting how they fare minus T.O. tonight, to say the least. Go Eagles!

20. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Im going with the Rams

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    While I'm happy about the win, what do we really have to celebrate? We played a team that doesn't even have their 1st string in, and in some cases their 2nd? Looks like we may even play the 2nd string for the colts? They may want to rest up their men, then what do we have to look forward too? We arent' even that healthy, as far as injuries go this year it's been bad all around.

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm with ya, S__C. We have to demonstrate the consistency necessary to survive in the Playoffs, even if we should beat Indy this weekend.

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The Rams looked good last night, even against a very depleted Eagles bench.

24. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    what kills me about the Broncos is that one week they look like the best team in the NFL,and the next week
    they look like the 49ers.

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, it's an emotional roller coaster all right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.