main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broncos and Football 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Maybe we will win this weekend. We are gettin Trevor Pryce back. That will help out. Then maybe just maybe we can make a serious run for it. That would be awsome.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Getting Pryce back could be the key to a decent playoff run and it makes the D 100% better. With an effective pass rush, opposing QB's won't have time to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. I think this is one thing we've sorely missed the entire season.

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I hope your right.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I do to. But I think we're allowed to have high expectations, since it's Pryce we're talking about.

There's absolutely no excuse for allowing guys like Trent Green, Kerry Collins, and Carson Palmer to sit in the pocket and have all the time in the world to throw the ball downfield on us. But unfortunately that's been the story with the Denver defense this season. That should change come Sunday.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    We still need to bear in mind that even if Trevor's back in the game, he won't be 100%, and is predicting that he'll only play for about 15 snaps.

Still, it's gotta be better than NOT havin' him there.

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    SC-in fact...some of the titans were third string players.

i wish y'all best of luck. i hate to say this (because i hate indy) they are looking REALLY good.

at least the titans play the lions this weekend.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    MA, that is what I was meaning to say, the 2nd string & in some cases the 3rd string. :D

8. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    We still need to bear in mind that even if Trevor's back in the game, he won't be 100%, and is predicting that he'll only play for about 15 snaps.

Dammit. I was under the impression that he'd be playing the whole game. Well, I just hope he'll be ready for the playoffs if we get in.

I'm still thinking that Manning won't be playing the entire game, which gives Denver the advantage.

9. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I know Andy Reid is savin' my EAGLES for the playoffs, but watchin' even the third stringers lose to the Rams was heart-wrenchin'.....I hope the boss knows what he's doin'.

10. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think I would recommend ANY team resting players like that -- especially in week 16. The Eagles don't play a meaningful game for 3 weeks, and it's very hard to say that they'll be able to all of a sudden turn on the juice again. Remember how Denver lost to the Jaguars in '96. They had home field advantage wrapped up along with a first round bye. They did the same thing resting up the last couple of games of the season and look what happened. If the Eagles don't make it to the Superbowl this year you can bet this will be what they blame it on (well besides the T.O. thing).

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Yu know it, Grim.....if all goes well, Andy will look like the "coaches' coach" for saving the heavy hitters until the play-offs, but if the team doesn't show up after this 'doldrum' lapse, they'll never make it to the SuperBowl, TO won't get any chance to play catch-up, & Reid will get dumped, you just watch!

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    most defensive lines have had trouble getting pressure on green all year b/c of KC's offensive line.

My superbowl pics, take em or leave em:

AFC: Pittsburgh
    NFC: Carolina

that is assuming that Carolina makes the playoffs, lol. Pittsburgh is playing better football than anyone right now and having clinched division, homefield, and 1st round bye has its perks. Carolina is on fire right now and I think they can beat anyone. They're playing great on both sides of the ball. The only reason I pick them instead of Philly is b/c I don't see them getting it down without TO. Maybe I'll be wrong. Oh, and I didn't pick Atlanta because I hate them.

13. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Pittsburgh cannot beat the Patriots!

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

I know this....whoever brings their hearts to the SB, takes home the trophy....'nuff said.

15. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    My picks
    Phil. Vs. New England
    and I hope Im wrong.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't like New England (don't know why) & I love the Steelers (always have) Go Steelers, now if it's Broncos & Steelers in the SB, I will be happy whoever wins.

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't recall the last time 2 AFC teams faced off in the Super Bowl...

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That would speak pretty badly of the NFC though, if we had to send 2 AFC teams cuz they sucked so bad.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Steelers are in our division? I don't care about all that, I just love Football.

Can that even happen? 2 AFC teams?

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Steelers have won the AFC North at 14-1. They're looking pretty darned good.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    And...they haven't lost since week 2, against the Ravens.

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The Patriots, on the other hand, had their record-breaking streak ended by the Steelers.

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The Dolphins even pulled one out against the Pats.

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    But, they womped on us too, unfortunately...

25. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Anything can happen on any givien sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.