main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broncos and Football 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    good job this week by the eagles.

what a (boring) game between NE and Indy...who would have thought Indy could be held to 3 points in a GAME?? wow. just wow.

all the games were pretty boring this week overall for me. I decided to take a nap about the 2nd quarter of the Pitt/NYJ game Saturday night (was up all night the night before winning some money at cripple creek)...and it turns out that was probably the most exciting game of the week...I figured it was gonna be a blowout judging by what I'd seen so far. Bleh, guess I was wrong on that one.

2. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Im going for the Falcons.

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    well i didn't get to watch all of the Pats/Colts game...but when i did turn it on...payton was in true form whining to the ref.

i have to say i was glad that NE beat them...he he he..

i am pulling for the steelers & the eagles.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I think the Falcons are going to the Superbowl. As much as I hate to say it, I think the Patriots are going back as well.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm standing by my picks of Steelers vs. Eagles in SB XXXIX.

However, the way the Jets fared against the Steelers, puts some serious doubts in my mind about them right now. But...I think that even Brady & Co. are gonna be hard pressed to pull off a win in Pittsburgh, even based on how they womped on Indy.

I think that the Eagles' D isn't tough enough to keep Vick from marching down the field, but I think they've got what it takes to keep them out of the end zone.

Here's hoping for some great Championship games this weekend.

Edit: Too many double negatives in there...

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I guess the old saying holds true..."offense wins games, defense wins championships"

b/c we have 4 of the better defenses of the season in the championship games...

Best defenses according to points allowed per game:

1. Pittsburgh
    2. New England
    3. Philadelphia
    14. Atlanta

yeah, Atlanta is middle of the pack, but they're still pretty damn good...they did shut out St. Louis in the 2nd half after all...

7. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So I guess you could say goodbye to Droughns.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Man, that was quick. But I guess it's in his best interest to seek a trade with Bell, Griffin, and Anderson all coming back next year. Even with him gone, we should still have a rock-solid running game next season. I expect Bell to rush for 1500 or more.

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yep, looks like he might be poundin' the turf for the Dolphins next season.

10. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Well, I didn't get my wish to see "da other mouth" get pancacked, but HEY!!! My Eagles did send Minnesota packin', so I'm a happy camper! Keep smilin', Donovan!!!! FLOL!

11. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I hope we get a good pick for him,or maybe a def.lineman.

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree, a defensive pick would be ideal. We have a decent arsenal of offensive players now, they just need to get used to playing with each other on the field.

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Congrats on your team making the bigbowl Tim! Pretty good game against Atlanta. They outrushed the best rushing team in the NFL this season...that's something to feel good about for both the offense and the defense. Plus it's always nice seeing Vick get sacked. Probably only 2 QB's I like to see get sacked more than Vick... Bulger and Plummer.

I was disappointed to see Pittsburgh lose though. I was heavily rooting for them over New England...oh well. I turned it off before half-time b/c I got sick of seeing the big mistakes by Pitt and NE just manhandling them on both sides of the ball.

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Kudos to your Eagles, Tim! I didn't get to watch either game, but the updates that I could get on the Pittsburgh debacle were unfortunate. I knew they'd have to bring their A-game against the Pats, so it doesn't surpise me that Brady & Company did what they did if Pitt couldn't ante up on their end.

I'm rootin' for your birds Tim, so I'm gonna have to pick the Eagles over the Pats when the final whistle blows.

Here's hoping for a showdown in Jax!

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Thanx, all!!!! Yea, my wife and I are convinced that my EAGLES are gonna take down the Pats......all I really want, though, is one hellova FIGHT!!!!

My boyos goin' to the SB......life is good.

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    picking with my heart: Eagles :D

picking with my head: Pats :(

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

How CAN yu live with yurself?! FLOL!

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm torn on this one, but I really want to see the Eagles win. ;)

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

All through the play-offs, I've been watching my EAGLES & hearing all the garbage like "Well, with the Vikings(Falcons)putting down their opponents so hard, Philly may have problems." I started acting like that baby dino sayin' stuff like......"NOT DA PACKERS!!!!" and "NOT DA RAMS!!!"

I kno, it's hard to grasp....yu had to be there....FLOL!

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    nah, I hear ya man. People have been hating on the Eagles all throughout the playoffs, but they're getting the job done. I don't care what anyone says, I think the Eagles have as good a chance as anyone of beating the Pats in the postseason...I just don't know if they will...

difficult to see. always in motion is the future.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm rootin' for the Eagles as well, however if like the Steelers, they don't bring their A-game, Brady & Co. will walk all over 'em.

I heard that T.O. will be playing, but against his Doctor's approval. So, not sure what impact he'll have.

22. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    huh, huh, huh

http://www.lingeriebowl.com/index.htm

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
  24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Phill-y, phill-y, phill-y, phill-y, PHILLY!!!!!

SMILE, DONOVAN!!!!! Pinkston, T.O., Freddie.....BALL'S COMIN', YALL!!!!!!

WESTBROOK.....field's ALL YOURS, BRO!!!!!

Dawkins, Trotter, Kearse.....it's HITTIN' TIME, BOYOS!!!!!! YYYYYEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

POO_DOO!!!!

Oh, well........

Always my EAGLES......A_L_W_A_Y_S!!!!!

Good game, Pats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.