main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broncos and Football 2009

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, but we play with the same guys in the real season too [face_plain]

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Not exactly.

Brandon Marshall wasn't playing (obviously), his backup Jabar Gaffney (who's been awesome so far aside from dropping that TD pass last week) was injured and didn't play at all, and o-lineman Chris Kuper left the game in the 1st quarter with an ankle injury.

The Broncos were much better on offense last week when Gaffney was playing, and they'd be even better with Marshall. Without both, the offense was seriously limited. That's why you saw so many passes to Tony Scheffler and the running backs last night. They really do need a solid wideout on the other side of Royal to balance out the offense.

The running game is a bit similar. I really think when Knowshon Moreno comes back, him and Hillis will be the ultimate running back tandem.

3. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I wish us all the best w/ Marshall, I don't see this ending well.

Did you hear all the smack the commentators where saying about how the Cutler thing was handled. Saying "you don't just let a franchise QB go like that!" Blah, blah, blah.

Then talking about Marshall crying over a paper cut, and the new guy says, yeah just like Orton? That was much more then a paper cut, & how can that happen by just hitting his hand. That guy had something in his hand to cut him like that.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The Cutler story will cease being a big deal once Chicago realizes what kind of a player he can be when things aren't going his way. I can't wait until the Bears lose a couple games and Cutler get's pissed that he's not throwing the ball enough. Did you see after the first drive when he yelled at his teammates and then went and sat on the bench by himself? There's plenty more of that to come this season for the Bears.

5. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    They should just trade brandon,all ready...im sick of it....we got
    Royal,he will do just fine....

6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    WOOHOOOOOO!
    My throat hurts from screaming at the TV. I also had a knee injury but was suddenly cured as I hopped around.

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Well...KC tried to make a game of it. They were even ahead at one point. Then, toward the end, they pissed it all away (what a surprise).

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Amen,

4 interceptions, crying on the sidelines. Can't wait to see what's next :D

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ha ha ha ha...the thing is jake is a baby. Period!

He was asking to go to TN...heck...you think chicago is a running team. HA! and Fisher wouldn't have put up with his attitude. Serves him right being a big baby like that. sorry i have no respect for him.

AS for the Broncos...congrats to you.

and the Titans didn't win, however i think that they showed they are team to be reckoned with. Thursday's game was prettty good. THOUGH, i will say that during the OT, the Steelers were getting away with QUITE a few holdings that should have been called. not that it would have matter, it is just principle. :D

10. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Broncos win....Culter cries...What a perfect day

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    lol, did I call it or what? I knew this was going to happen. Bears fans are already asking if it's too late to get Kyle Orton back. :D

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well I wouldn't go THAT far, Orton is not the best by any means but I haven't seen him cry yet....

So who do we play this week? Raiders? There? I hope we cream them.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    We have a very winnable home game against the Cleveland Browns this week. :)

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, I'm ahead of myself.

15. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    The Browns are a trap team...you never know what they can or cant do...I hope we play a good game...And Win...

16. TheFettedOne

TheFettedOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2008
    It is a trap team if your team is good.....

Unlike the Broncos..

17. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    Broncos 2-0

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Broncos lookin' pretty good after laying the smack down on Cleveland. The offense still isn't firing on all cylinders, but the defense looks like it's going to be much better than advertised. Elvis getting 4 sacks was fun to watch. I'm predicting a win next week over the Raiders and JaBaconator Russel.

19. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Woohooooo! Looking better this week.

Does anyone else watch the game on a Tivo delay? It's dangerous to walk around in public while it's recording. We went into a liquor store that was playing the game live. When near the monitor, I had to stick my fingers in my ears and talk continuously to avoid hearing the score. I'm certain that made me obnoxious to the cashier who was trying to watching the game.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We do Tivo it even to just miss a few of the commercials, but a couple of bad things about it.

Our neighbors are huge fans so we can tell how the game is going even before we watch it.

When at the store and your wearing your Bronco garb, people ask you how the game is going and before you can say anything they say "the guy that just left said they were blah, blah!" So then I'm like, do I want to watch it now?

Glad they are doing well, wish they looked better doing it, but I will take an ugly win any day over a lose.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TITANS

0-2!!!

I am not really worried just yet...just showing i am not a fair weather fan. ;)

22. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    bwwahahhahwwaHAHWHAWHA!

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Man, who woulda thought the Jets would be 3-0 and the Titans would be 0-3? Something's definitely missing from that D.

As for the Broncos, great job going into Oakland and beating a team that has no business winning any games this year with that out of shape monstrosity of a quarterback. JaBaconator Russell once again proves he's nowhere near ready to be a starter in the NFL with his Charles Barkley-like physique and Ryan Leaf-like decision-making ability. Way to go Raiders!

Alright, with that it's time to forget about the cup cake opening schedule for the broncos and look forward to 8 straight weeks of possible hardship. This upcoming stretch will prove just how good the Broncos really are. Here are their next 8 opponents:

Dallas Cowboys
    New England Patriots
    at San Diego Chargers
    (bye)
    at Baltimore Ravens
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    at Washington Redskins
    San Diego Chargers
    New York Giants

While only three of those game are on the road, these are some of the best teams in the league, and Denver is really gonna have its hands full. With the way they've been playing, I see some very winnable games in there (particularly against the Cowboys, Chargers, and Redskins), but it certainly won't be easy. This schedule is the very reason why most "experts" think Denver will only win 4-6 games this season. Bring it on, I say!

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    congrats to the Broncos!!

Titans really need to do something about special teams....[face_worried]

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm very surprised to see how well the Broncos are doing. :) I don't have time to watch the games, but I did get some of the first half action out of the Raiders/Broncos game on Sunday while I was in Denver with a friend.