main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY brooklyn Museum Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jun 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Last night, Kevin (Zippy) of the Empire City Garrison, MysterySith, Steve of the NY Line, & Myself, met with Meg from the Brooklyn Museum of Art to discuss how the SWNYC fanforce, the NY Line & The Empire City Garrison can help the BMA promote the Magic Of the Myth tour. Some great suggestions were made by all. On July 21st the SWNYC fanforce will have it's second meeting which will be graciously hosted at the BMA. At that time, we will be meeting the curator. To help prove our 'worth' so to speak, Zippy and some stormtroopers will be bringing costumes and are willing to suit up. To make this meeting a success and help convince the powers that be at the BMA that we are a serious fan group, we need to have at least 30 attendees. Alan is composing a list of people who are relatively sure they can attend.

I had suggested BMA tie in with the line and Starlight (if they come on board) This might be a way to increase the insurance cap so that more people can sign up for the line. Meg was very receptive to that idea but it needs to be looked into further.

I think a meeting of minds should happen before July 21st so we can brainstrom, pick out the best ideas that are presented, type them up and present them to the curator. I hope many members of all 3 groups can attend so everyone who has a suggestion can be heard. I know Borders Book Stores are often receptive to group meetings, although this is a little short notice. Any ideas of a date/time/place we can meet?

I am forwarding a copy of this to the SWNYC list and posting this at the Fanforce boards so I apologize in advance for people who will see this 2 or 3 times.

Great things are happening in the world of New York fandom......YAY

2. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    my husband and i are planning to attend. would this be something i can bring my kids (ages 5 & 7 ) to or should i be arranging for babysitting? about a meeting before... i'd like to participate - it would depend on the time and date etc. i look forward to meeting everyone finally.

3. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I am bringing my 7 year old daughter with me. She would LOVE the company and afterwards, the museum is allowing us to walk around for free! If you definitely bring your children please let me know in advance! I would love to have some prizes for them! Of course...the prizes would be SW- centric and peace oriented (don't know how you feel about it but my daughter turns all the guns from the action figures over to me) Either way let me know, privately if you prefer. I like to respect the parents wishes as far as children's toys go. And I would love to have some easy games they all could win at !:)

Christina

4. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    I'm glad the meeting went well, and this tie in sounds REALLY exciting. I can't wait for the exhibit next year...yipee! You do a great job with SWNYC LadySith!!

5. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I don't know if I can make any pre-meeting (I will be in Montreal from July 1 - July 19) but I will be at the museum. MysterySith and Asax, I can give you a ride in my A-Wing.

See you all at the rendevous. MTFBWY!

6. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks ASAX! I try, and I have great support from Mystery Sith and my other friends! And of course, our members rule!

This meeting will be great. Especially knowing some children will be there....little padawans :) Will we need to start up SWNYC Junior :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.