main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*`~BROTHERS DUEL~*~ Summer and Autumn

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by winter_chili, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I've released anything of this. Here's the deal for those of you who didn't see any of the original stuff.

The "Brothers Duel"s are high energy colorful FX "films" of my brother and me duking it out. I started Brothers Duel when I started FX and I'll continue adding to it until I go to college. As the film goes on, time passes and I get better at FX. This is very visible in the film.

I used to put it in Chapters, but since then I decided just to put the whole thing into the 4 seasons. Brothers Duel One will be 2004-2005. Autumn is the shortest one. I've been working on Winter since November, but due to camera malfunction I had to suspend shooting while it's being repaired. Problems with warranties have extended this problem instead of themselves.

Anyway, enough talking. One last note though, real quick, is that I did fix up some of the FX from "Summer". I left almost everything the way it was, but there were some things I really couldn't bear looking at like and cleaned up. Also, the last bit of Summer is totally new, the rest of it I have posted before.

So, Enjoy.

Summer, 70 mg

Autumn, 10 mg

A big thanks to 2Man Shows for hosting. You guys rock.

2. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    wow, those are good. interesting use of elements from x-men and crouching tiger

3. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    No prob, chili. Wow, I really loved the color and speed in Autumn. I'll dl the other one later.

4. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    hehe you used the sounds from JK.

Get better ones.

5. William_tur

William_tur Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2001
    Excellent work my friend. In Summer, there were a few wierd cuts, actually probably just a little to quick, expecially in the beginning. And why did green saber guy go into the the back yard? I ask only because he seemed like he went back there with a purpose.

In addition, green saber guy is really good with the spins and handles it well. I'd like to see a full on choreographed duel with him.

Where did you get the smoke effect?

6. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Hey, those are really awsome.

Just one thing you should fix:

In autumn, the very first guy that ignites his saber, when ehs behind the tree, like the last 2 or 3 frames you can see the prop saber right near the hilt, you should fix that. Its really small, but im a stickler for perfection like that. Non-the-less its really good.

--EDIT--
    Just wondering, what camera do you use?

7. thegreatgary123

thegreatgary123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    hey they were mad mate, a few shots that could have been done bettre but overall really cool !!!!!:):):):)

8. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    Where did you get the smoke effect?

I made it. If you mean the stock footage that was part of the comp, its from Detonation Films.

Just wondering, what camera do you use?

Canon GL2.

Here's something werid to point out.

Look at this.

In the second photo, which is weeks later you can see we have stacked trashcans all around it. This was cause we were playing airsoft in my driveway and used that thing for cover. The same airsoft guns we use for props, actually.

9. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I really like the colors in Autumn.. I wonder if the camera I use could pick all those up.

Haha, cool effects in Summer. I like the nightcrawler-like saber duel. And, nice chase scene. You don't see those too often around here.

Is there going to be a Spring and a Winter?
    =P

-Vaportrail

10. TrowaGP02a

Dec 24, 2004
    Canon GL2

I had a feeling it was, the quality and colors are really good.

11. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    Winter and Spring are both on the way.

My GL2 is pretty nice, but the insane colors are mostly because of the color correction technique I devised for the film.

Here's a test I did.

(video)

12. TrowaGP02a

Dec 24, 2004
    Haha, thats really cool.
    What program did you use?

13. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    I do all my FX and color correcting work in After Effects and Photoshop.

14. Obi_One_Kenodi

Obi_One_Kenodi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2004
    I've been waiting a while for a new update in the Brother's Duel seires. This is great!

15. Blueyonder

Blueyonder Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Just downloaded both Summer and Autumn. Both really cool stuff! :) Keep me informed on winter and spring!

Blue

16. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Summer isn't working for me. My Quicktime player doesn't understand it.

17. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Just watched Autumn. Beautiful colours, and really nicely done with the "catching the lasers with the force field". I can't understand why the lightsaber force pull at the end was such a long edit though.

Nice to see Summer finished... and cool fight at the end there.

-Spiff

18. gallion311

gallion311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    What does your color correcting process entail?? Perhaps its a mthod you could share with us.

As a side note, Airsoft guns do make great props, they even have the weight and feel of a gun. The only thing to fix is the bright orange tip of the barrel, but that can be easily changed.

well done.

19. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    What does your color correcting process entail?? Perhaps its a mthod you could share with us.

I've been realy busy but when I get time I'll write up a tutorial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.