main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brothers in Arms 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jango10, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Ubi Future Line-Up

Ubisoft today revealed its future line-up for the 2005-2006 fiscal year, sliding some titles until later in the year and making a number of new announcements.

In light of strong sales for recently released titles, Ubisoft have made the decision to delay Rainbow Six: Lockdown from March 2005 until during the first half of fiscal year 2005-2006; the reason behind the decision appears to be completely financial (although a GameCube version has appeared), with expected sales of 1.5 ? 2 million sales boosting the beginning of the 2005-2006 fiscal year and the game already at a completed stage.

This first half period will also see the release of FarCry: Instincts on the consoles, although the sceptics out there should notice the lack of definite formats. The eagerly awaited release of Star Wars: Episode III is met with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith on the handhelds and an all-new urban street-racing title named 187 Ride or Die.

Moving into the third quarter (October-December 2005), Ubisoft have earmarked the videogame adaptation of Peter Jackson?s King Kong to be one of the season?s blockbusters; while confirmation of a new Brothers in Arms title has been confirmed. The Christmas market wouldn?t be the same however without a Prince of Persia title, along with Warrior Within appearing on the Nintendo DS. Ghost Recon fans will also be pleased to note the appearance of the third title in the series, despite a so-so reaction to its predecessor, while an Expansion Pack for FarCry on the PC is also promised.

Brothers in Arms 2=Much Joy! I'm hoping it will be set during the Battle of the Bulge at the siege of Bastonge. How awesome would that be? What would you like the 2nd Brothers in Arms to be about?

2. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    If its Brothers in Arms 2, then Gearbox or whoever made it needs to change their goals. Making a totally new game on the same subject (unless its like vietnam conflict or something) is not efficient, I think. Its probably an expansion pack, the smart approach. Its only been out for like 2 months!

3. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Like I said before, I want it to take place during the Battle of the Bulge.

Other Improvements:

A Cease-Fire Order (Sometimes it is easier to pick off the enemy then flank them.)

A Man Machine-gun order

4. eequo

Mar 8, 2004
    Well yeah, bastogne would be awesome. Maybe more people would understand me when someone says "Its cold outside today" and I say "Hey, at least its not Bastogne". But yeah i agree with your suggested improvements, also I think the game should be shifted to not rely so heavily on flanking. It seems like a little (a very little) repetitive to have the only way to kill someone is by flanking them.

But, this could all be done in an expansion pack. Little easier on the wallet, plus they have a nice engine and gameset already.

5. eequo

Mar 8, 2004
    Come on, more people gotta wanna talk about BiA II. Where are ya? [face_whistling]

6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I absolutely love BIA. I picked it up for XBox.

I think that the best move for a BIA2 would definately have to be Holland, with Operation Market Garden, and then BIA3 could take us to the Battle of the Bulge, complete with Bastogne, Foy, and maybe some action in De Bois Jaques (sp?), north of Bastogne.

7. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    I want more levels like the last level, where your squad is pinned down in a bunker and there are enemies all over the place. I think the game should just naturally progress the story. Hopefully we will get some snow levels and other new terrain.

I still haven't played the multiplayer of the first game over xbox live. Is it fun and worth checking out?

8. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Another thing that is a must: Co-op!

More on Multiplayer:

No Time limits on missions

Have some non-goal oriented missions, ex: Slayer

Command Both Squads at the same time

9. eequo

Mar 8, 2004
    Yeah one thing that I would want is the BiA engine (like how the graphics, physics, and guns and stuff work) but minus the squad based stuff, and just get some old-school free-for-all deathmatch. CoD style. Oh yes.... I can see it now :cool:

10. deadworld

deadworld Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    I think that it would be better if you also had a mortar team and a machine gun team. Operation Market-Garden would be a good also.

11. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Dire Straits are getting back together? </bad joke>

12. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'm glad they are making another one, BIA is my favorite WW2 game. I think that Market Garden would be the best place to go next since it was before Bastogne and then have Bastogne afterwards.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    For those who don't know, Brothers in Arms 2 will follow the exploits of newly promoted Sgt. Joe Hartsock, aka "Red," starting where the first game left off. I saw the developers walkthrough that is on IGN.com. It showed German soldiers actively trying to "fix and flank" your squad, then showed Red trying to sneak up on a German 88mm gun, only to have the gun crew turn the gun around to shoot it at the house he was hiding in, while Sgt. Baker, who was nearby, yelled at him to get out of there. It was awesome, and got me so pumped for BiA2, I cannot stand it.

What I want to see:
    -Rifle grenades for those pesky MG 42s placed in the upper storeys of buildings.
    -A bazooka man in the squad, and is always controllable. Give the option to use it on anything, but have a realistically limited number of rounds.
    -No stealth missions, i.e. no solo missions with enemy tanks present unless you have a way to take them out yourself.
    -More missions with two full teams of soldiers. I didn't like that you only got 2 teams for half of the first game.
    -The ability to call in mortar or artillery strikes.
    -Finally, many more sequels after this one. WWII was a big war, and there should be lots of material to draw from.

14. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    BUMP!!!

C'mon people, it's Brothers in Arms - the best WWII shooter ever!!

15. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    I loved Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. I hope the sequel is better, that way I pick it up and continue the enjoyment.

Oh and they better have co-op!

16. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    I just thought of something else BiA: EiB needs.

I want a "rifle range" mode. It would sorta be like the training levels in Tom Clancy games. Since there is no auto aim or lock-on feature then you should be able to go to the rifle range to practice your marksmanship. This would include seperate sections for rifles, machine guns, AT weapons, and grenades. This mode could even act as a mini-game. You could enter a competitive shooting match that would throw a series of progressivly harder shots to make accurately, then post your score on X-box live. There could even be shooting matches between players across X-Box live.

I want to see MOH style stats as well. It could keep track of accuracy with each weapon, longest kill, # of head shots, grenade kills, etc...

17. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I just saw a commercial for it yesterday, and it looked amazing. I can't wait to get this game!

18. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    Since, the other thread is now locked, I guess I'll restate what I said. Gearbox announced at X05 that they're in the process of making Brothers In Arms 3 for the Xbox 360. Go to gamespot.com, look up the X05 news story, and you should find it in there.

19. commander32

commander32 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm just curious, is this game a lot harder then the 1st one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.