main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Atticus, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    If there is allready a topic on this feel free to lock. I treid to search but my comupter is acting crappy today and wont complete a search.

Anways, I was looking through the best buy adds and saw that they have a new one coming out tuesday. I was suprised that they had a new one coming out this fast, but Im excited about it. Here's a link to it if anybody wants to learn more about it. Its supose to pick up right after the first one, only this time you play as another character, one of the squadmates that was in the first one.

So yeah, I just saw this and thought I would mention it here just incase none heard about it.

To make it easier.

2. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I still haven't even played the 1st one....too many games waiting to be beaten in my collection already.

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The first game is excellent. I've beaten it a few times. The attention to detail is pretty incredible. I played a demo of EIB, and enjoyed it. The AI in EIB is so realistic, it is scary.

4. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    ^^Maybe I'll pick one of em up after I finish one of my upmteen games.

5. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, the first one is by far one of the best WWII game I have played. Mainly because of the realism of it and the ability to actually lead a squad instead of it just being random. Theyre is also some swearing in it so I dont know if that bothers you or not. I know soe that were turned off by that so I just thought I would let you know.

Right now Im replaying it on hard and im stuck. I cant wait for tuesday though and even though I should save my money, Im sure Im going to break down and by EIB.

6. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I bought it today and its really fun, they added some new thing that helps out alitle bit. Like if you run out of ammo for your gun, you can go up to suad mates and they will give you some more.

7. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I completed the first, but thought it was a load of crap. As there rushing out a sequel this quick, not much can have changed can it? Give me COD 2 any day.

8. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    What did you hate about it? Its actually improved, ofcourse if you hated it, you probably wont give a crap. Not that many things have been mproved but didnt think anything needed to be improved in the first one so its only bonuses really. The enemy AI is smarter and will react to your actins and what you do. Unlike the first one, they will actually move back to a better postion if they know that you are trying to flank them. The ammo thing I mentioned before i thought was a cool addition. The only complaint so far is that it doesnt pick up where the last one ended, it starts up on D-Day again, but you still have different missions. Ofcourse I havent gotten that far into the game and I think that there are eew missions that take place after the first one.

All I can say that is if you liked the first one, you will like tis one, if you hated it, then dont bother.

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^How are the guns in this one? Are they easier to shoot?

10. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    In all actuality this new BIA game is part II of the same game. It's more like another chapter, nothing too new, just a continuation of the story from another perspective, which in my opinion, isn't a bad thing to do. The true sequel will come out on X360. If you guys haven't known this already, Gearbox announced the sequel to Brothers in Arms for the X360 at the X05 event in Amsterdam. Check gamespot.com out for the news. I don't think I'm going to buy Earned in Blood as I'll be saving up for the X360 and Call of Duty 2, but who knows I'll probably buy the sequel to BIA when it comes out for the new console. I'm actually playing the first BIA game right now, I still find the game pretty fun. I wonder, am I the only guy in here that's completed game on all difficulty levels? Those later levels, especially Carentan, are a bitch to beat on the hardest difficulty.

11. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm not positive, but isn't Earned in Blood the sequel to the first Brothers in Arms...thereby making it Brothers in Arms 2?

If not, feel free to continue the discussion here. :)

12. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I was wondering what are the other cheats that you get? Im stuck on the hard diffeculty now. Im dreading playing it on the harderst setting, because Im already having trouble with it.

And I agree, I like that its a differnent perspective, I just thought it was going to be a true sequel, but its still badass.

13. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    Beating the game on the hardest difficulty takes alot, ALOT of patience. It's real easy to get frustrated on some of the longer levels because of course, once you die you have to go back to the beginning. For instace, it took me about an hour to almost reach the next checkpoint of a level, but unfortunately I was killed just short of it. The Germans shoot more accurately and everything, especially the soldiers with the Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifles. Just know to be real patient once you decide to give it a try. As for the other cheats... Well first there's the black and white cheat, then there's the infinite ammo, and a god mode for your teammates, but there's no god mode for yourself. Those are just about all the cheats in the game. The last thing you unlock is a cutscene they cut from the final game. It was supposed to be a huge 15 to 20 minute introduction to the game where you're in England with all the troops readying to board the planes and what not.

14. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I've seen pics and trailers of it. I am excited about it, it looks like a sweet game.

15. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Meh, I didn't really liked the first one. Don't get me wrong. It was fun, but I thought it was only a renter (which I did).

16. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.