main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brothers in Arms gone GOLD!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Evil-Yoda, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Havent seen any posts or 'Official' threads on this game, but here you go for those who have been waiting awhile for this game to be released.

http://www.shacknews.com/

Ubisoft has just announced that Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30 has gone gold, and will be shipping next week. The Xbox version will be in stores March 1, while the PS2 and PC versions will show up in stores "shortly after". BiA will retail for $49.99.

Its been confirmed by two different sources, and I just called up my local Gamestop saying that BIA comes out in March but really means it will be out on March 1st and will be in the gamers hands on the 2nd.

2. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Confirmed: Over at http://www.gearboxsoftware.com

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Man, I love that album.

"We got to move them colour teeeveeeeeeeees..."

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004Y6NP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001

I was thinking the same JP :p

5. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Has anyone gotten this game yet? I was planning on renting it today.

6. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Oh there is not doubt I will be buyin this game. I've been looking foward to it for a long time.

7. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I bought it yesterday. Its pretty freakin sweet.

8. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I went to Blockbuster the other day and they didn't even have it yet, so I'm going to try again maybe today. I can't buy it yet because I can't spend any money until I get my paycheck, so unfortunately I have to wait to get this and the 2nd season of "24". It sucks but I know I can do it.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yesterday I read the GameSpy review and it had nothing but roses and praises for this game, calling it the best WW2 shooter for the box. Now me, I've never been thrilled about WW2 games, but the squad mechanics -- as well as the chance of playing as a Screaming Eagle -- got me intrigued, so I decided to give it a chance and stop at the nearest EBG after work.

I'm so glad I did. This game is very sweet and it feels like a labor of love from the Gearbox guys. The extras I've unlocked so far show that they did their homework and poured all their research into this game. The opening cutscene -- from the dialogue to the brutality of it all -- sets you in the proper mood for the game. Squad commanding is a breeze, and you soon realize that you can't beat this game if you don't use your guys properly to help you eliminate Jerry. Your squadmates have distinct personalities and quirks and you will soon begin to feel for them and will want to keep 'em alive no matter what. I've not played long, but I think I'll spend the better part of the weekend traipsing through Normandy with the guys.

10. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    That review right there makes me want to buy it right now. I don't know if I will be able to resist the temptation.

11. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    has anyone tried the PC version? or is there no PC version for this game? i read about it and being the huge WWII FPS gamer that i am, i want to download this game.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Nope, sorry bub. Only for the Xbox. Get one, then get BIA.

13. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    Actually its coming out on PC and PS2 the 17th of March IIRC.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It looks like it kicks ass and it probably the best WW2 game on game consoles.

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I rented it and agree that it is the best WW2 FPS on consoles. It was a really great game. The mood and everything in it as great and realistic. I have allready beaten it but I still have 3 more difficulties to play it on and will enjoy every minute of it. This game doesn't fail to deliver.

16. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Has anyone beaten it on Hard or Authentic? If you have, what are the cheats thatyou get. I thought it was cool how they had the old movie look.

17. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    Started playing the game last night and thought it was pretty amazing. So much better than all the medal of honor crap. The game does a great job of making you feel like you are there on the battle field. Highly recommend this game for any FPS fan.

18. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I bought it last week and I have to admit that it's pretty danged good. My only gripe is the excessive use of the F-Word. It's just not necessary IMO but oh well.

19. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    My only gripe is the excessive use of the F-Word. It's just not necessary IMO but oh well.

True, but it adds the extra, subtle sense of the grittiness of war. The f-bomb is everywhere in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

20. pgoodyea

Mar 5, 2004
    This game is so Band of Brothers, which is a great thing. From the music to the battles and even the character names (Garnett), its all Band of Brothers.

My Assault Team comprised of Desola and Corriso (sp?) are two bad mother &%*$$! These guys back me up every time I get in a bad situation when everyone else gets wiped out. They remind me of the two snipers in Black Hawk Down who go after the wounded pilot.

21. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'm very interested in this game but I'd like to play a demo to see what it's like so does anyone know were I can get a demo for the Xbox.

22. pgoodyea

Mar 5, 2004
    No demo.

Just buy it. It is the best WWII FPS ever!

Or rent it from blockbuster. You can probably beat it in under 10 hours.

Does anyone know if the game changes if you play it hard? For example, do enemy tanks appear where they weren't used in the normal level of the game? I remember watching a demo of a game and a tank busts through a grassy hedge (close to the farmhouse) and then a plane flys by dropping a bomb on the house blowing it up. This did not happen in the normal game. I made it to the same house, but it was already destroyed and no tank appeared, just a couple of German squads.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I was playing the game again last night after a long hiatus. I finished the "Dead Man's Corner" level and, well, just so I won't spoil it for anyone, the ending kinda sucked. I kinda felt a genuine pang of sympathy for Baker after that one. :(

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I finished it. This was a truly satisfying WW2 shooter, and I generally snub that kind of game. The last few missions involve a bit of trial-and-error, but it's oh so nice to finally blow up panzer tanks with a decent bazooka instead of those kraut rpg-thingies. As well as commanding a couple of tanks into blowing up the opposition to get your squad out of a truly sticky situation.

In all, a great game, worth replaying no matter the difficulty level. I want a sequel NOW. There's a whole 'nother year of fighting right after D-Day for Baker and his boys, so it's a good excuse to give us another Brothers in Arms chapter. :D

25. pgoodyea

Mar 5, 2004
    They are making another chapter for Brothers in Arms. I believe they are planning for a winter holiday '05 release. The game will also be available for Xbox 2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.