main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brothers in Arms gone GOLD!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Evil-Yoda, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    They are making another chapter for Brothers in Arms.

:eek: :D

Where did you read this??

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I was waiting for Vez to input. If he likes it; that's good enough for me. Next pay day... :p

3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    ^^

Yup, it's a good one. I have been going through it slowly so that I can prolong the experience a bit. The gameplay is the most authentic war experience that I have ever seen. I personally enjoy taking my time throughout a level in an effort to die as few times as possible. It only makes the gameplay that much more realistic for me. :D It's extremely tough though even on normal difficulty.

The only drawback for me is the excessive swearing. I've heard the F word more times in this game than I did in all of "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers"! :eek: Now I'm not saying that they should have taken the swearing out completely but I do think they could have cut out a few of them at least. But oh well.

The game is still friggin sweet! :cool:

4. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    I read about the sequel to Brothers in Arms in a news article at www.gamespot.com. I have attached a link to the article.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/17/news_6120654.html

5. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The article says nothing of BiA 2 being on Xbox 2. It just says Xbox.

6. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    I just got this game yesterday, and it was great. I'm only about halfway through right now, but it's been a fun experience so far. It's ironic but I prefer the german weapons over the american ones. Also, I'd have to say this is what I've been waiting for, because is my World Civics class we have been studying WWII and I got really interested, so I went out and bought the game. It's better than I thought it'd be. Also, online play is fun, for example when you have to bomb the German's truck, just the team play makes it good. Great game, I give it a 9.0/10.0.

BTW, If you wanna join me on XBoX Live, just give me a ring on my gamertag, SquishyVic. Thanks!

EDIT: I just remembered, when they cuss, it's great! ;)

SquiSh

7. less_in_length

less_in_length Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2005
    Hey, I just want to know, would it work on my laptop because on the required specs page it says laptop models of the cards are not supported but I heard that there were some successes in running this game on a ATI 9600 mobility? Is this correct?:

P4 3.2 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    ATI 9600 Mobility

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    This game is so Band of Brothers, which is a great thing. From the music to the battles and even the character names (Garnett), its all Band of Brothers.

Please, there was no Garnett in 'Band of Brothers' and as a history major/WW2 buff, please just saying 101st Airborne instead of Band of Brothers. For starters BoB is a book/miniseries and its based on the real men of Easy Company, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne.

For all you know you could be playing as Charlie Company of the 501st PIR, 101st Airborne. I havn't picked up the game yet so I don't know what company/PIR you're playing as.

And the "Garnett" in Easy Company is "Guarnere" not Garnett, two different people entirely. ;)

9. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    ^^And the "Garnett" in Easy Company is "Guarnere" not Garnett, two different people entirely.

You are right about the names and all the details about the company/PIR in Brothers in Arms not being the same as Band of Brothers. I know that in terms of facts and historical events Brothers in Arms has nothing to do with the people and events in Band of Brothers. I was merely stating that Brothers in Arms captures the atmosphere, excitement, and action that was presented in Band of Brothers. I really enjoyed watching (and reading) Band of Brothers and I feel that Brother in Arms is a nice complement to the mini series and book. After playing the game, nobody can possibly say that the game designers/creators were not influenced by Band of Brothers. I mean, even the titles are similar. The game probably would not exist if it was not for the mini series.

All of this is good. The game is excellent.

10. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I wrote a very long, detailed review for Brothers in Arms, if anybody is interested in reading it, I'll post it.

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So Vez, blows Call of Duty out of the water for gameplay? That's good enough for me. What's MP like? I haven't read anything on this game... one day when I have some time I'll find a web site :p

Swearing in games isn't an issue with me, but there should be an on/off function probably... esp. when excessively used.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Checked this out in the local mall's few computer shops yesterday. $99... might have to wait until next pay and after my 5day drinking trip down south for graduation in a week :D

Also, I'm a bit worried about my specs.

Anyone have low specs (in regard to the recommended / minimum) that still play it ok?

My specs:
    GeForce4 Ti4280 medusa
    768MB RAM
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8GHz

(oh, and I noticed it needs 5gig HD space... damn! I got about 3gig of 60 free... might have to remove some music CD's :p)

13. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Awesome game! I havn't played Call of Duty, but this beats the crap out of MOH. Very realistic. A must have!

14. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I just played Call of Duty:Finest Hour the other day and after playing BIA, COD sucks, your guys suck because they don't do anything except die, all of your weapons suck, it takes a full clip of any gun to take out one guy. It's a real pain in the ass, I was swearing like a salior on one of the missions, took me a long time to beat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.