main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Brothers & Sisters] I Know- Kevin, Scotty -Drama

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mavjade , Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: I Know
    Author: mavjade
    Fandom: Brothers & Sisters
    Disclaimer: I don't own Brothers & Sisters, nor Kevin and Scotty. I wish I did, but alas I do not.
    Characters: Kevin and Scotty, mostly Scotty
    Timeline: Sometime in Season Three
    Summary: Scotty goes through a range of emotions while Kevin is completely oblivious.
    Authors Note: This is my first B&S fic and it has not been beta-ed (as scary as that is! [face_worried])
    WARNING: This fic contains vague references to a SSR. While the original version had nothing even remotely graphic, I figured it was better to err on the side of caution.
    If you would like to read the more in-character original version, PM me and I'll send you a link!

A little background info for anyone who might read this and doesn't know B&S- Scotty works at a five star restaurant where he was just recently promoted to head chef. Kevin was a practicing lawyer until a few months ago when he was passed on making partner so he quit to work for his republican senator (Kevin is definitely a democrat) brother-in-law as his communications director. Kevin's family is large (his mother and 4 siblings) and very close. They all swarm when something is wrong... even when it's not.

~*~*~*

Scotty sat on the couch cross legged, starring at nothing in particular. He was expecting Kevin to come home any minute and they would get a night together, without familial interference, for the first time in weeks. Scotty had been working very long hours at the restaurant since the woman who had been appointed as his sous chef had left unexpectedly. She had been offered a job as a head chef at a new restaurant and they wanted her immediately. Scotty was happy for her, having just become a head chef himself, but it left them in a bit of a bind. For their night off, Scotty had ordered out from one of Kevin's favorite restaurants --other than Scotty's of course-- and opened a bottle of wine, hoping to surprise the former lawyer.

After the first half an hour of waiting, Scotty had been angry. Kevin knew that this was the only night he had off in a long time, and it was looking like it would be a while until his next one. Once a full hour had passed and half the bottle of wine had been drunk, Scotty was furious. He decided to go ahead and eat seeing as how his stomach was growling so loud he figured the neighbors would start to bang on the door from the noise. The food had already grown cold but Scotty found he did not care.

After an hour and a half when the entire bottle of wine had been finished off and his hunger sated, Scotty decided to call Kevin.

"You've reached Kevin Walker. I'm unable to answer but if you would leave your name and number I will get back to you as soon as possible."

Scotty's call went straight to Kevin's generic voice mail and he left an almost equally generic message in effort to keep the anger out of his voice. "Hey, just wondering where you were. I'll be here, at home."

After hanging up, Scotty put away what was left of the food. As he was rinsing out his wine glass, something occurred to Scotty that hadn't before. Kevin always called if he was going to be late and he knew Scotty was going to be home. Panic began to wash over Scotty as he realized that something could be wrong, Kevin could be hurt and here Scotty had been angry with him for being late for a dinner he didn't even know about.

Scotty called Kevin's phone again and when he once again got his voice mail, Scotty hung up before the end of the message. He then called Kevin's office to no avail. He started to dial Nora's number to ask her if Kevin was there, but he hung up before he could finish. He figured that if Kevin was not there and Nora caught even a hint of worry in Scotty's voice, the entire Walker brigade would be amassed in a matter of minutes; something he would feel very foolish for starting if it tuned out to be nothing.

Realizing that he could very well be over reacting, Scotty took a deep breath an

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.