main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brown lighting for variable Set?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RIPLEY426, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I have 4 pieces of lightgrey painted cullisses. But for one scene, that takes place in a brown painted space ship. It has not been touched for 14 years, flying through open space. I wanted to set up a fog machine which I have, very little lighting... But the walls still need to be brown... Nad i cannot paint them brown, because I need grey anothertime... (sheduell) So, I have two little pieces of brown painted wood walls.... And I could glue a lot of brown papers on the walls. But is there a cheaper possibility to let grey becomeing BRWON with lighting or so??? (in the scene there are also two people, so post production can´t manage...

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The color brown cannot be produced by light. It's a subtractive color, and light is additive. I would suggest you change your plan and leave it all gray, or all brown (on a spaceship, I'd go with gray).

M. Scott

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Why not change your schedule to film the gray stuff all at once. Then you can paint it brown.

4. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I bought brown papers (a lot) and temporarly sticked them on the walls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.