main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA BSG Fans! New Fan Group Started!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey Everyone, there's been a lot of "frak-talk" on these boards lately, in the interest of keeping it off the SW boards we went about looking to join a BSG fan club also, so that we could keep the two relatively seperate, well, we looked and didn't really find a TF.N chapter-based equivalent for BSG, so we set out to form our own group, and thus Battlestar Group was formed.

We're still in the planning/testing phases, but this site will allow other local chapters to pop up around the globe, and all interface through one site, with forums, calendars, homepages, profiles and other neat accessories. The first Battlestar is tentatively named Battlestar Solaris and is our local Chapter. Each chapter is responsible for naming a Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, CAG and Communication Officer. Each of these roles have specific responsibilities in the group, much as the Spokantina does.

I encourage any fans of BSG in the Spokantina to join us, so far I know a few members will be or already have joined,
    • Sean

• Steph

• Erik

• Sabrina (hopefully)

• Me

• Kelli

I've also got some friends who are not in the Spokantina who will/may be joining us.

Don't worry about us going anywhere, we're not :p We just realized that there was a need for our BSG outlet, much like the Spokantina is for Star Wars. Consider Battlestar Solaris a sister group to The Spokantina :D

So Say We All!

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    For the record, The Battlestar Solaria is mentioned as being destroyed in the miniseries by Commander Adama.

Also for the record, I will be signing up to the new board as soon as I settle on a frakking character name and callsign!

3. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    WOW. That site is slick. Great job John.

4. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Like I said, tentative, also, we talked about it, and opted for Solaris instead of Solaria, since battlestarsolaria.com is taken :\ So if we decide to go with Solaris, cool, it's not really a canon ship, and the domain is available, but it is very similar to Solaria.
    If we decide to go with Vesuvius, the domain is available, but at the same time, it has no ring to it, it's a bit weak imho.
    Vanguard is still my personal favorite, the domain name isn't available but with the site setup, we don't need individual domains.

Sean, Steph and I kind of landed on Solaris and just ran with it, but it's quite easily changeable still ;) If we can try and schedule a meeting before they leave for the summer, we can have another name discussion, and perhaps a vote.

5. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    Hey, as long as we keep BSG-25, im cool (since its on my dog tags) : P

I would be ok will Vanguard if we dont want to go with Solaris... my 2 cents

6. SigmaRue

SigmaRue Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2008
    I could get used to Vanguard if it came to that. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.