main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BTH: A dark visitor

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Qu_Klaani, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    just being fair. and i seen these other people posting what they call, distorted pictures. BS, distorted or not they are stealing and should be prosecuted. because we pay to see these exclusively.

agreed?

Whoa! Who are you? The copywright company? Piracy is real and with the internet its even easier, theres no way your going to be able to stop it.

2. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    lol. ur kidding right?

i will prove to you today that palpatine is sidious using simple logic.

premise:
    palpatine is a politician. "Emperor palpatine" from ROTJ wears a dark hood and sits on a chair, his face is white and wrinkly..

darth sidious wears a dark hood and sits on a chair and his face is white and wrinkly.

a senator from naboo is named palpatine. the emperor of the galaxy is named palpatine.

whats the conclusion?

emperor palpatine and darth sidious are the same person.

3. PalpatineSpecter

PalpatineSpecter Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2004
    Dawg you post this H material. Are you afraid you run to trouble

4. The-Other-Palpatine

The-Other-Palpatine Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2004
    starwarsagent
    Your assumption may betray you. It is a good thing that you aren't called in for jury duty. Because I guess you don't need conclusive evidence either way. Heck you might let a guilty man free. Or sentence an innocent man to death.

Notice the "red herring" at Qui-gon's funeral? You know where an object (person, place, thing) is meant to lead the audience astray?

No one isn't saying that Palpatine isn't Sidious. One Palpatine is Sidious. The other Palpatine ISN'T Sidious. Got it?

5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Original ---> Palpatine --- Darth Sidious --- Emperor Palpatine

Clone ---> Senator Palpatine --- Chancellor Palpatine --- Dead by the end of RotS

So I guess, Palpatine's political machinations which suspiciously seemed to be the main plot thread of both TPM and AOTC, were essentially meaningless? [face_plain]

I mean, why did George bother making TPM about Palpatine politically manuvering himself so that he ended up as the president of the Republic? seeing as how Palpatine really isn't the Emporer from ROTJ and he dies in ROTS... Kinda pointless, I guess... [face_plain]

Dude, in all seriousness, Sidious=Palpatine....accept it.

6. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    the other palpatine.

what the heck are you saying? dude... senator palpatine is sidious at the same time, sidious never changes, palpatine never changes. he does change his facial features because the sith have the capacity to change with the dark side. the human looking senator palpatine is a representation of the older sidious, the way he used to be. THERE ARE NO CLONES OF PALPATINE. SOMEONE ELSE IN STAR WARS IS THE CLONE. YOU GUYS ARE SO BUSY THINKING ITS PALPATINE AND SIDIOUS WHEN YOU FIND OUT ITS SOMEONE ELSE YOUR GOING TO GET MAD AT URSELFS.

they are the same person accept it. this picture proves it.

7. The-Other-Palpatine

Dec 21, 2004
    Luukeskywalker
    Did you read the excerpt for The Labyrath of Evil novel? Yeah yeah I know, it is only EU. But GG denies joining Sid. Then Sid causes his ship to crash. But wouldn't a new cyborg GG feel used? Nope. Same with Anakin. Power. Besides in both GG and Anakin's cases they both give in to power.

Sid uses henchmen to get his job done. Maul, Dooku, Nute, GG, ect. He doesn't like to take chances unless he is too sure of himself like on the Death Star. Besides he helped wipe out thousands of Jedi what could one boy do? Oh yeah that is right turn his father back to the light side.

Besides I agree Palpatine = Sidious. One Palpatine anyway!

Not the other! ;)

8. The-Other-Palpatine

Dec 21, 2004
    starwarsagent
    Clones are the same as their host. But only in apperance. So I don't know what you are getting at?

Besides did you see Sid change from evil Sith Lord to kind poloticion (sp)?

I didn't.

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    If George had been using characters as clones of other characters as individuals, then the Palpatine clones theory may hold some credibility until the film were to come out and we found out for sure.

But so far in ALL 5 Star Wars films, the only way clones have been used is to create and army and Boba (who was cloned as a gift to the Jango the source for donating his DNA fpr the army). Thats it, only relating to the army and Boba who was created as a connection to the creation of the army anyways.

Suggesting cloning would be used in any other way, especially given the way George has told the prequel story, even dropping many hints that Palpatine is up to no good, is laughable.

10. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    yes I have, this ide comes from other lucas films. such as willow and the ewok films. as well as a painting from ralph macquarrie wich shows that palpatine becomes furious and actually can transform his face into looking like hell.

its like magic and you can see his face in the trailer. this comes from the idea that nice people use human masks to hide their true self.

11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    PalpatineSpector, Altered HS images are allowed.

Usually, if you use a Photoshop effect like "invert" or adjust the color balance, or just tinker with how it looks to make it significantly differnt-looking (but still viewable) it's ok.

If it hadn't been messed with enough, a mod would have PM'd me saying so, edited my post to remove the image, and maybe even started a thread about posting HS images, warning everyone.

12. The-Other-Palpatine

Dec 21, 2004
    Luukeskywalker
    Having Palps # 1 have a clone would be like another Naboo individual who also uses a decoy. The story "elements" are all layed out in both TPM & AotC. We also have "cloning" "docile clones" "decoys dying" and "assumptions that turn out to not be true" (Zam as human but really Alien.)

So there doesn't have to be a suprise before the suprise. That would be bad story telling. A magician never shows how it is done. He uses one hand and the audience doesn't watch the other.

13. DJSPYNLL

DJSPYNLL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    why for the love of god does this debate still happen? lol. palpatine is sidious, sidious is palpatine, sidious is the emperor, palpatine is the emperor.. man I still cant believe this... lol

14. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I would really appreciate it if someone could pm me this picture.

I Promise to never tell...

15. Darth-Ari

Darth-Ari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    why some guys just cant accept the truth that Palpatine is Sidious, you can find out that on the OS if you dont believe us.
    and he is not a clone

PALPATINE = SIDIOUS

16. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

To "The-Other-Palpatine"...

Please be warned that derailing this thread with a Sidious Clone argument will get you into trouble here. Insiders have told us over and over (not that we NEEDED confirmation, anyway) that they are the same person and are not clones of one another.

However, this point is irrelevant. This argument has been done TO DEATH for the last 5 years already, here. This topic (above all others) is a huge "NO" around here. Can we keep this thread on the topic of discussing the image?

...speaking of which, it still kicks my @$$ up and down the Avenue! :cool:

17. The-Other-Palpatine

Dec 21, 2004
    Ben R
    Well you had guys on the first page of this thread saying that "palpatine is sidious" and there is no one to state otherwise.

Not allowed here? Is this some "Phantom rule?"

18. Superlaser

Superlaser Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2004
    There is no 'Phantom Rule'. There is a rule that has been clearly stated by the mods as a policy of the 3SA. Isn't it also convenient that you only post when no Mods are online, TOP? Stop derailing threads.

19. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    I'm pretty sure George Lucas, himself has said Palp = Sids. Are you still not going to believe?

20. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Check out his Fingernails..... Creepy.

21. Darth-Ari

Darth-Ari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    this is to "The-Other-Palpatine"

Palpatine was a gnarled, old man. An ancient-looking human, he had pale skin, and searing, sickly yellow eyes. He wore a heavy dark cloak, and carried a glossy black cane. - from the OS Palpatines Databank

thats from the end of the ROTJ, that description match perfectly to Emperor, Emperor and Palpatine is same person, also Emperor and Darth Sidious is same person.
    why would in the Palpatines profile read Weapon: Dark-side lightning

if that doesnt prove you, you have to wait until ROTS ;)

22. fanch75

fanch75 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2003
    >>If you think Palpatine is a good guy with multiple >>personality disorder, you are really missing the >>point of the character.

Yoda: "Mmmmmmmmm. Zoloft you need! Yes!"

And then the SW universe is cool and Anakin is a nice boy from Tatooine.

23. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    OMG! Look what the Dark Side has done to former jedi Sifo-Dyas!! :eek:

24. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Palpatine seems to be sporting a Giant Right Breast... No Doubt to Intimidate the Seperatists...

25. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    Vortex,

So here again for those who are slow...

Is it possible for you to post without resorting to flamming?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.