main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BTTF on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Ok, I'm a big Back to the Future fan so if no one else cares just humor me. Anyway the BTTF trilogy comes out on DVD tomorrow (Dec. 17). Sad thing is I'll have to wait until Christmas to get mine (that's if my wife caught on to the blatantly obvious hints I've been dropping)

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    HHAHA, no, i too have been looking forward to this as well... i can't wait to see what special stuff is on the DVDs.

3. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm in the same boat as you, Paul. This time of year is always so hard on me since I'm used to getting everything on release day :(

Luckily, there's only one week left! :)

4. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi's giving it to me for Christmas, but the way we do our Christmas, I get it today!!! :D

5. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Shut Up Billy...That's no fair. I've noticed they've been broadcasting the movies a lot lately....I guess to peak people's interest. I know I would love to get these and as big as a BTTF nut Gary is I'm sure he'll be getting his today. Best of luck to you all and may Santa bless you with the trilogy.

6. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Hey, maybe we should change to a BTTF fanclub!! :D

7. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Darn...I know, I hate the wait. Especially knowing that it's available RIGHT NOW!!

Billy,

Ok, maybe Star Wars/BTTF/Ghostbusters club. :D

8. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Dont forget LOTR, Paul!! ;)

9. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    and X-men....

10. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, I just heard some disturbing news on the BTTF DVD's. Ends up the Letterbox versions aren't truly Letterbox. Instead they are simply the regular Pan and Scan Fullscreens with black bars added to the top and bottom. In essense you actually lose MORE picture...

These are on my Christmas list this year, but I really need to see them first. If indeed Universal pulled a stunt like this, I'm gonna take them back to the store and keep my Laserdisc Bootleg DVD's...

;(

-Gary

11. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    Wow, a winking SAD face...I never thought I'd see the day....

12. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Universal is botching everything up. This and E.T. I can't think of many higher profile titles to ruin. According to The Digital Bits, Universal will be issuing replacement discs in February. Too little, too late... They also mention Universal's policy to NOT release preview copies for the press and speculate that the reason is to push rushed products to market to meet holiday sales. BTTF Trilogy a "rushed" product? I don't think so... So I doubt this blunder was anything other than sheer laziness on Universal's part. If only we'd just lose the 4:3 discs entirely, this should never happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.