main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bubba The Hutt, Jedi (OC, Luke-ish-Humor vig)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Feb 17, 2016.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Bubba The Hutt, Jedi
    Author: brodiew
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Bubba, references to Luke Skywalker
    Summary: Bubba is the first Hutt Jedi. This is his origin story.
    Genre: humor
    Notes: This is a flash fic. It is also my first new OC in years. I was talking with a co worker about SW and Bubba was born. Most of what you will see here is me, but my co worker provided important character traits. I hope you enjoy.

Bubba the Hutt, Jedi

Bubba, The Hutt was the first of his kind. A Jedi and a Hutt. When he was approached by Luke Skywalker some five standard years ago he was working in his Uncle Frakkas' still barn turning out the highest quality starshine. It was a small operation, but one that was growing steadily since his Uncle put him in charge. Now, Bubba was having a crisis of conscience. Should he leave his family and the only success he has ever enjoyed or go with the Jedi Master and learn the ways of the Force.

It was no secret that Skywalker was instrumental in the death of Jabba, who had been no friend to Bubba's family. In fact, Jabba's death had worked in his family's favor, increasing their territory by a eighth. The Hutt Syndicate had absorbed Jabba's holdings rather than promoting one of his captains. Bubba knew that that decision was still unresolved among the remaining members of Jabba's organization.

But, enough about that. Join the Jedi. See the forests of Yavin. Get a lightsaber. This was the opportunity before him. He had a decision to make. Would being a Jedi directly to oppose his family's objectives? Would he prefer to grow and obviously prosperous business and grow within the ranks of the family business? Which was more dangerous? Which held more rewards? To hear Skywalker tell it, being a Jedi would hold much more personal satisfaction than being an aspiring crime lord. It didn't make much sense to Bubba at the time, but it did now.The Hutt decided to make a change and went with the Jedi Master. If it didn't work out, he was sure he could settle back into criminal life.

The goodbyes were harder than Bubba thought. There was a split in the family regarding his decision. Some relished Skywalker's destruction of Jabba. The wondered what a Hutt Jedi would be like. They encouraged him to grow in the Force. Others, including his Uncle Frakkas, were not in agreement with his decision. Frakkas had a long memory of how the Jedi had made trouble for the Hutt Syndicate. He chastised Bubba for leaving and threatened to disown him if he did so. Bubba's safety net was gone. But the allure of the Force and potential honor of being a Jedi won out.

Bubba's training had not been easy. Hutts, by nature, are fat. They may be more gentle words to describe it, but Bubba knew the truth. Bubba's girth was by no means due to laziness. He worked hard in the still barn and was in good shape. However, when he started his Jedi training, he soon discovered that he was not as healthy as he thought. It took time, but before he knew it, Bubba was the leanest, most muscular Hutt he had ever known. And, he knew a few hardcore muscle heads.

It was not long before Bubba was levitating rocks and carrying...letting Skywalker ride on his back. With the Force as his ally, Bubba slithered faster than ever before. He had even learned to jump and turn 180 degrees in mid air and land softly enough to prevent injury. His training also taught him to use his tail as a weapon. This was not necessarily new to Hutts, but with the Force, he was able to do more damage...or have a higher impact when whipping his tail.

The Force is also an advantage for a species with small arms. Calling items into one's hands is highly convenient as apposed to having underlings bring things to you. Reach now had more to do with his tail than his arms. The arms are still useful in sparring, but only in as much as one can get a hold of their opponent.

It was very satisfying to see the surprise and encouragement in Skywalker's eyes during his first sparring session. Bubba executed a perfect jump and 180 degree whip of his tail. Though his sparring partner was able to block a full body blow, the impact knocked them from the circle in which they were fighting.

So began the Era of Bubba, The Hutt With No Gut!

leiamoody and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]This was great! I find this particularly funny because we used to call my Grandfather "Bubba"

I think you need to commission someone to create an illustration for this!

What an ending. I laughed out loud.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What a cool concept—definitely something new and different (and always glad to see an alien main character, of course)! It's cool that most of Bubba's family (kajidic?) is so encouraging to him, which of course no doubt ties in to their enmity toward Jabba and his clan—cool how you made that seemingly very non-Hutt attitude the result of something very Huttish after all! :cool: And of course there's always going to be that one grumpy dissenter in any family—but I'm sure Uncle Frakkas will grow to love his nephew's newfound powers.

Cool too how you factored in the Hutts' unique physicality in describing Bubba's training. Yes, their girth is definitely an obstacle to overcome (which makes an extra-toned one like Bubba a very interesting image). And it of course makes perfect sense that Jedi telekinesis would be especially useful for a small-armed species, and that the Force would bring a whole new dimension to tail attacks. I just love it when authors integrate cool little alien details like that—it gives stories and characters so much life. :cool:

Let us know if we'll be seeing this unique Jedi in future stories of yours! :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Seeing you gear up is pretty fascinating as a process in general. From "I may write a story...I struggle" to observations so fine that I have never seen such attention to what would be meaningless details to most other people. I think we're all pretty lucky to witness this. :)

In fact, Jabba's death had worked in his family's favor, increasing their territory by a eighth.
    Now, that's something we don't see much these days. Profit in death, but shared in a democratic manner, bwahahaha. :p

Join the Jedi. See the forests of Yavin. Get a lightsaber.
    Did he read the fine print? He MUST read the fine print. These ads can be so deceiving!

For some reason, I read the above as "John the Jedi, they said. See the forests of Yavin, they said." :D

And now I really, I mean REALLY want to see the bodybuilder Hutt. Make him the most metrosexual Jedi knight ever. I don't care if they crave not those things.

Findswoman likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] =D= Bubba the Hutt with no gut! Price-less! [face_mischief]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That's because he IS a gut. Of course that a gut cannot have a gut, duh.