main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Bubba's Reviews Thread the Third!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Well I just saw two of the most offensive movies on HBO.

Wicker Man & Borat.

At least Borat was so funny I didn't care how offensive it was.

2. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Has anyone seen the new Elizabeth film yet? We're probably going to go Wed or so.

Mary-SPJ

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We just got back from the "30 Days of Night" premiere/party, and WOW! :eek:=D=:eek:

It seriously rocked, and that's not just bias (sshhhh, I'm actually a horror wimp, friends/hubby notwithstanding) -- it was amazing!! Some of the images will stay with me forever. Some people were crying; at one point an audience member stood up and screamed! It was actually very emotional, beautiful and terrifying... Wow! *leaves lights on for bed...*

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Good to hear JB. I wonder what part that person stood up in? After I see it you'll have to tell me.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I wish I could see it but the ads scare me. I'd love to hear the story line though.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I definitely want to see that one. I'm getting used to the horror genre. Watched Seven last night and in In the Mouth of Madness. Good films.

7. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I can't wait to go! I kick myself because I lived and worked in the Alaskan Interior ten+ years ago through the winter and the story would be such a "given" -- I'm surprised nobody thought of it earlier...

Mary-SPJ

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So I finally saw Across the Universe last night! It was sensory-overload (i.e. not so good for ye olde sinus infection headache) but I generally liked it, grand music video as it was. ;) I really liked all the music, especially the opening w/Helter Skelter (very rockin' on the theater's Dolby system--btw, Dolby's got a pretty stupid Stomp!-like ad before the movie starts). It is NOT very similar to Moulin Rouge (as maybe some thought? I thought I heard that somewhere...). I liked Bono's cameo (ACCENT haha/omg, plus, "you're either on the bus or you're...not."), and Selma Hayek's was hot.
    "Everyone NEEDS to be *radical*!!!!" <---lol

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    You always crack me up DH.

I can't wait to see 30 days of Night. Looks like a great film.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    SPJ, did you see Elizabeth, the Golden Age, yet? If so, how was it?

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    30 Days of Night seems like it would be great for the time of year it is. I saw Village of the Damned the other night. Wow, had no idea that Christopher Reeve and Mark Hamil were in it. A creepy movie, but still not too scary for me.

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    OK, three full threads ago, I posted this topic to review the Kiss/Aerosmith concert, and subseuqently Motley Crue Concert. Then, we did movies, then DVDs. Now, back to where it began...

Saw Bruce (Springsteen) last night at LA Sports Arena. Good show, but TERRIBLE venue. I would not return there again. Played for 2 1/2 hours, lots of classics, and various from Magic, his recent album. Bruce at Dodger stadium three years ago was one of my all time top 10 best shows. This was good, but not incredible. Still thinking about my Red Sox victory!

Radio Nowhere
    The Ties That Bind
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Town Called Heartbreak
    Tunnel of Love
    Working on the Highway
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Kitty's Back
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land

13. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Saw the Shining last night. That is probably the scariest movie I've seen so far in my horror movie fest. But alas, October is over, and unless I stay up late tonight, the horror movie month is over. Back to non horror movies yay![face_pumpkin]

Glad to hear the Boss was Boss.

14. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    The Shining is the best novel Stephen King ever wrote, and Kubrick did his usual excelelnt job in directing the film adaptation. I believe this to be the best horror film ever created, with the original Omen and the Exorcist coming in tied for close second.

Did you know: The Shining was shot at the same time as The Empire Strikes Back at Shepperton Studios. In fact the Hoth set and the snow maze set from The Shining were on back-to back soundstages and both sets shared the same snow.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm glad you had a good time DB. Sounds like fun. I hear you about the venue thing. I've seen some good acts in some bad places. But not U2 in Hawaii, still my personal best.

APL, I was listening to KROQ this morning and they read that Entertainment Weekly listed the Shinning as the number one scariest movies of all time. I haven't seen it in a while.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I heard that too and of the top ten, I've only seen three of the movies. They were number 10 - Poltergeist, number 7 - Psycho, and number 5 - Jaws. Those are probably the most mild of the ten.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I think I have seen them all.

18. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I was listening to KLOS this morning and they read a couple of different lists of scariest movies. You'll never believe one that was in the top 5... Bambi! I'm not kidding. It was something about the theme being too stressful for children. Weird.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bambi is sad. He loses his mom at such a young age and then the fire is terrifying also.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I don't remember this, but my mom tells the story of me just bawling when my dad planned a hunting trip not long after we'd seen Bambi. I guess I had such a fit, he didn't go.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I've heard only awesome things about Springsteen. I wish I knew more about him so I could go, but hey, it's better to put the $ to the credit card.

Jay, that's cool about ESB & Shining sharing snow!

22. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah that's a cool funfact I can share with friends now. Bambi is truamatic!

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I thought the Grudge (the first one)was one of the scariest movies I've seen in years.
    The original Psycho, House on Haunted Hill & 13 Ghosts were all very scary to me, too, when I saw them years ago.

24. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Bambi wasn't scary for me, just sad.
    Snow White, on the other hand, was terrifying to me with the wicked witch and and the scary forest with all the trees that come alive.

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I thought Bowling for Columbine was pretty scary.

Anytime that tubby bass turd Michael Moore gets within two miles of a camera scares me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.