main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Bubonicon day trip interest/planing thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Imperial_Birrer, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    The idea was brought up at the meeting to do a day trip down to Albuquerque, NM for Bubonicon.
    The con runs from August 27 to the 29th. Saturday the 28th would be the day.On a side note: Saturday theme will be ?Superheroes.?
    Kevin mentioned barrowing a big ole SUV to make the trip down with a possible trailer for costumes. The 501st is also planning to invade the con, so we might caravan down. We would need money for gas,food and con entry fee ($15 for Saturday) plus personal monies for buying any goodies.

Guest of Honor: Connie Willis
    Toastmaster: Gardner Dozois
    Artist Guest: David Mattingly

Confirmed Guests (as of June 12): Daniel Abraham, Bruce D. Arthurs, Doug Beason, Rose Beetem, Nancy V. Berberick, Doug Clark, Yvonne Coats, Stephen R. Donaldson, Terry England, Gordon Garb, Sally Gwylan, Anne & Jeff Lambert, Jane Lindskold, George RR Martin, Patricia Shaw Mathews, Vic Milán, John J. Miller, Jim Moore, Pati Nagle, Scott Phillips, John Maddox Roberts, Fred Saberhagen, Joan Saberhagen, Melinda Snodgrass, S.M. Stirling, James Van Pelt, Robert E. Vardeman, Sage Walker, and Walter Jon Williams. We also expect Jack Williamson if his health permits

Mos Alba thread on the subject

Bubonicon Page

We need a head count of those who are interested in doing this, plus any costumes you might bring so we can plan space.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, I fell dumb. Mac and I are for sure interested in this.

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey guys!

It'd be awesome to have another FanForce chapter come down.

Bubonicon is (in past years) a more literary and art con. We plan on changing that. We'll be hosting a block of time on Saturday from 1:30 to 3 in the media room showing off fan films. We are also planning on hosting some time in the Con Suite just to hang out, and show off Mos Alba to people interested in the group.

We'll have a few of our members trooping, hopefully others will be in costume as well. It'd be great if you were able to come down!

4. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I know for sure that I am in, I am trying to confirm at least 3 more of my guys. I was thinking that everyone could pitch 15 or 20 for gas and 5 or 10 for food and drinks. My idea was to take 2 coolers one with pop and water, the other with sandwich materials. That way we could save on buying every meal and we could eat whenever. Let me know what you think. Later days.....

5. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I like it, I would say at least 20 for gas. If it a big ole excursion we may need more.

6. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I have had a MAJOR wreck in my plans. Last Fri. I was laid off from my job. So my money just fell through the floor. As of right now I am Out unless something happens REALLY soon. Sorry to drop out but I don't have much of a choice. Later days....

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    THat sucks man. Hope you get one real soon.

8. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

If you guys know of anyone hiring let me know. I have been applying everywhere. BUT we all know how that goes. Later Days....

9. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    target warehouse, its approaching X-mas rush.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    target warehouse, its approaching X-mas rush.

11. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    I'll look into it. Thanx
    Someone need to take a Lot of pics for those of us who can't make it. I really need to see some pics of what I missed. Later days....

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    well ,this got quiet.

i am unable to go. my boss told me no on the day off. ill have to try next year.

13. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    that really stinks!'

i was hoping to meet some of your guys. I think you are out closest fan force. If not this time maybe we can plan some type of outing for our 2 groups in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.