main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Bubonicon Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    YAY! when do I get to join?!?!

2. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Soon as you turn 18 you can be a full member. Though you're welcome to join now as a forum user and chat it up on the boards.

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    aww man! this means I won't be full member till 20 days after Celebration III starts. :(

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    okay raising money for the bubonicon table...

Bob-what did we discuss? I remember ebay and Gecko and thats it...

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Sleeping again Varza?

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Maybe you were out of it, varza...

Two things, eBay and a garage sale.

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah i was dead tired that day. I spent the past few days sick and just dead worn out.

Trying to get the energy to remember or do anything these past few days... man is my exam gonna be a breeze tomorrow!

Anyways, I do remember talkingabout selling books-but then remembered wait... I don't really have to do this I can just say pay me back this much, :p

8. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Alrighty, since we had a "test run" at the toy show this weekend, it gives us ideas of what we can do for Bubonicon.

Updates:
    * 6 more 501st Troopers will be down. YES!!!!
    * FanFilms running, a definite must. I'll be loaning my PC for this.
    * Advertising for Bladeseller.com a definite.
    * Definitely thinking of making up a Mos Alba banner for the table. We'll still be getting the FanForce Banner, but two banners are better than one.
    * Pictures again?

Anything else?

Oh, and guess what, our group's been added to the Bubonicon SF Clubs page.

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    about time! yeah...

Sounds like some good stuff... think its time for another dinner meeting about the bubonicon?

Looks like we raised some money as well for the table. I would love to be able to get a second table-but at least this one will be larger then the other one.

At the next meeting, you guys will need to discuss what the volunteers will be needing to do. Since we only have 3 passes with the table-and those have to be worn by anyone behind the table. Anyone volunteering will need to purchase a pass for the weekend from Bubonicon. Looks like the cost is 23 bucks from now until May 1st, and aI am guessing that is for the full weekend....

Just looked at their home page-we are 1 out of 2 vendors for the event... yeah!

Also, looks like they are wanting people for skits. You guys wanna try to do one? 10-15 minutes... quick change some stormtroopers!

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Get thee up!

Skits? Too bad we couldn't get the guy from Star Wars in 30 minutes...

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd like to try and attend. As of now ,I have that weekend off. I dunno if the wife would go for it, but it's worth a try.

The only other minor problem is that I've donated my Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet to Darth_Hair to get turned into molds for additional helmets. If we can get them online and made, then it might be possible to have additional helmets...... therefore additional Rebel Fleet Troopers at the con. ;) Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. ;) :D

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds like a plan to me, OW! I hope you would be able to make it down! Let us know how your plans work out!

13. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Obey Wann,

You are in Denver now....right? If so, there is a good chance you will be able to hitch a ride with some of the Colorado 501st troopers that are coming down for the event! Rebels and Troopers....Hmmmmmm?

"Can't we all just get along?" :D :D

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    my bro wants to attend this con. i might go if i don't go to Dcon. Sounds like a few CO'ers are invading you guys.

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, one of the con organizers sounded a little unsure as to what he was getting into letting us get a table. He told me, and I quote: "Wow, full stormtrooper outfits are cool. More used to them at San Diego Comic Con, so that will be new at Bubonicon! Our costumers tend to be laid back since it's more of a literary con and pretty mellow."

Well, not this year! We intend on taking over this, by Force, if we have to. Albuquerque needs a good con, and instead of trying to get a new one off the ground, we'll just make the existing one into what we want it to be, right? [face_devil]

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Good plan, B_H. :)

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i am thinking we need to put out fliers and convince the local star trek group to get a table as soon as possible.

i am going to send money in this week if i can afford it for an extra table. i am going to use it to sell books, if can afford to get those, if anything we will have an extra table.

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Varza, you oughta wait in getting another table. You've already laid out cash for the table and passes as it is. You might want to contact Ken at bubonicon to see how quickly those tables have been going and wait a couple of days to see if the 501st or anyone else is interested in getting a table. Especially since you keep telling us you are trying to save $$$ for your upcoming trips...

[edit]:

That, and they are 10ft tables. It's not like everything we have will take up all that space. I will very likely not be bringing a very big monitor, and my CPU will fit under the table, so that'll take up maybe a foot of table space. Then any fliers we have can be neatly organized on the table so it doesn't take up too much space. If you want to sell books at the table, then we'll have room. We'll have room for fliers, displays for books, displaying anything we are raffling off (I may have something tres cool for the raffle - other than the Yoda beanie!). So I would recommend on waiting a bit...

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hum, okay i can do that. i forgot how big the table was....

and i have a rotator and displays for paperbacks...

thanks bob

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    uppity up-up.

21. gold_leader1987

gold_leader1987 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    Where did you get your rebel trooper helmet? If you made it could you let me know how please. I've been searching for the same kind as in the opening of A New Hope. I hope this is the same one.

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hi gold_leader1987!

The Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet is a modified old WWII Navy Code Talker helmet - with a sheet of styrene attached the back of it.

Obey Wann is going to try to get some molds made off of his and get some made (hopefully soon!). He'll be "da man" to contact about that one...

23. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    How about another Stormtrooper at the Bubonicon?

I'll be moving out to Las Cruces on Aug 3. Unless anything extremely important arises in my schedule, then I should be able to make it. I guess I'd better get used to the drive...3.5 hours...d'oh! ;)

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Danny,
    That would be sweet! Please come on up!

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Danny, please do! I'd love to meet another Stormtrooper! And, well, just would like to meet you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.