main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Bubonicon Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    the fan films sounds like a great idea!!! I think anytime, but maybe Saturday afternoon (since most people will be there on that day)?

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I think Saturday would be best, too! Saturday afternoon, then?

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Earlier is better....I plan on having fun Saturday night!

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Okay, I've spoken with Lori (through email) and I believe that the time we will be alotted to show fan films in the media room will be from 1:30 to 3:00 PM on Saturday. I want requests from people about which films to show. I would definitely like to show Troops and all of the 2004 Star Wars Fan Film Contest Winners. I would also like to show Batman: Dead End, and Grayson (to help keep in the Superhero theme, to appease the "people").

5. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    what about Pink 5 or what won last year. We should see if San Diego will have their fan film done by the time the con comes around.

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, maybe we'll show some of the film contest winners from last year, as well. That way we can see both Pink 5 and Pink 5 Strikes back.

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    and the party room? are we going to have that.

And we need to have a meeting sepereate from one of the other events. Since I won't have time at the costuming workshop. I have complete free time until the 4th. well, except for this coming sunday.

if we don't get in another meeting i guess we will just to have to figure something out then.

8. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    varza: and the party room? are we going to have that.

I still haven't heard back from Kristen. I'll try her again today...

varza: And we need to have a meeting sepereate from one of the other events. Since I won't have time at the costuming workshop. I have complete free time until the 4th. well, except for this coming sunday.

Meeting for Bubonicon, you mean? We may have to have a quick and dirty on a weekday evening (or weekend evening) within the next couple of weeks, or even just an online chat session or something.

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that soudsn good... meet over dinner again if we can or we can invade your house ;P. I am working in town almost everyday so just let me know when.

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds good, I'll let you know when is good for me!

11. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm available most evenings this week (except Tues - possibly)

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think we should show up on BrotherHalo's camping trip. :D

13. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I will be available also....my house is open too!

14. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'm creating the itinerary for working the table.

I need concrete volunteers for the table right now.

I have so far, for sure (and an indicator of a badge with a name on it, and not a floating badge):

Alyson (name badge)
    Jess & Yvonne
    Bob
    Donna (name badge)
    Michelle

Lor is "on call" for backup if we need it. We probably won't, but just in case....

And if we don't have any more volunteers, we may just not need to get floating badges for anyone...

edit: Oh, I need everyone to send me what times they would like to have lunch and dinner hours so I can put that in the schedule...

15. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi... I'm planning on being there in armor Saturday and Sunday, but I don't know how helpful that is as far as working the table. But I will be there... that doesn't help much does it?

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Awesome, Ken! Would you like to work behind the table at any time? I don't foresee a need, but I pretty much figured we would also be advertising BladeSeller.com at the con. And I also figured we're gonna have a bunch of people hanging out at our table anyway, so it'll be fun to see the Bubonicon PTB deal with us! [face_devil]

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    could we flip out ken with someone else, trade passes if he wants to work behind the table?

I didn't realize we were limited on passes and with only 6 people.

As for advertising, I will be picking up a tri level flier display unit we can use because I will be having fliers for my business as well...and no worries on cost for that since I am buying it for my business-tax write off! yeeee haw!

And if all goes well this year and we go again next year I don't mind putting up the money-tax write off!!! hehehehe,,,

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds cool, varza!

If Ken wants to work the table, as well, perhaps he and Lor could trade off if Lor doesn't intend on being around the entire time?

Lor and Ken will need to work out details about the dealer pass and a refular admission pass...

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    do we want raffle tickets made?

I will be going to xpedex on monday to pick up paper for my business cards so maybe we can make ones for mos alba. I can pick up paper while we are there. Probably nicer then just plain ol'raffle tickets.

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    And more expensive. No, I'll take care of getting a roll of tickets from party city or something.

Unless y'all want to spend the extra money for custom tickets.

We determined that you HAVE to be present to win.
    So we don't need anything other than numbers on the raffle tickets. So we only need simple tickets.

21. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I am planning to also be in armor as long as I can on Saturday.

The Anasazi will be going for dinner late afternoon/early evening on Saturday. I will know more about when and where after our next business meeting (Friday 13 August). Some of you should plan on attending. We (members of the Anasazi who are not members of Mos Alba) have been to two of your meetings.

Earl

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey Earl,

I was planning on making your next meeting.

23. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Good news everyone. I still might be there!!

Kevin of the SCFF/501st had an idea at our meeting to have a day trip down there. If all goes according to plan we will be down on sat. If this works out it'll be a blast. itll be just like a mongol invasion from the north!!

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    still have no time to attend meetings here Earl. Fridays are dang hard for me to get to a meeting for anything.

wow i had no idea, glad to be in the loop of things.

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds excellent, Zac! It'd be awesome to see you guys come down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.