main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Bubonicon Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yeah. The $10 you pay for admission on Friday gets you into everything, including the Con Suite.

But then, just as a reminder, you'll have to pay $15 on Saturday to get in, as well...

2. Arian

Arian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I was thinking about going to a role play or two... if I can figure out how to sign up. Anyone else interested?

3. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    um, i wish but i can't. you probably sign up while there but not sure...

4. rtype97

rtype97 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2004
    Good Luck to all of you these weekend at Bubonicon. Hope you guys have fun and I hope be of more help for the upcoming events. Our 4th Young Jedi arriving this weekend should free up time for upcoming events.

Alfonso

5. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    This question may sound newbie-ish .... Will people be dressed up for all three days of the con or only one day? I really want to get dressed up but I don't want to go when nobody will be in costume.

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey Alfonso!

Today's the day, isn't it?

Don't forget, Bubonicon is not THIS weekend, but next weekend. Not like that makes it any easier for you to go. But I will be emailing you about the Vader statue (I figure calling could be bad - you *might* be a bit busy ;) )!

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey Jerahl,

No, that wasn't a n00b question. I've never been to any con myself, but had I a costume, I'd be wearing it the whole time. I know Gecko_Fett will be trooping all three days. I know Lor will likely be in costumes all three days. TK166 will be trooping most of the time, too, I'm sure.

Who else... Like I said, had I a costume, I'd be all over it. I might be borrowing a costume for one day, so I have to wait and see....

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I wish I would be in costume but I won't be... my one costume is a general sith and its not someone known.

I know people are encouraged to wear costumes saturday for sure since its SuperHero day and all... and there is a costume contest on Saturday evening I think....

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yes, there's a costume contest Saturday night. I think there's one for men and one for women...

It's on their schedule at the bubonicon site...

10. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Jerahl, I don't have a costume either so don't feel bad. I just don't have the time to put one together right now. But, I'm still trying to figure out what I want.
    I mean, I know what I want, but haven't a clue how to start it. Plus, no money right now.

11. TK-1276

TK-1276 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    I'll be in Stormtrooper armor from around 11am to 3pm on Saturday. Can't wait! :D

12. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I can't wait to see you in your armor as well as the 501st people in stormtrooper armor. I've wanted armor for several years and I've never seen it in person. only in pics on the web. So I'm real excited.

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Jerahl, it's a fanboy's coolest experience to see Stormtroopers in person. TK-166 (Ken), TD-5151 (Gecko_Fett/Jess), TB-8468(abqscout/Earl), TK-1276 (Danny) are all 501st. I haven't seen abqscout in full armor, and we haven't met TK-1276 in person yet. But the first time I saw Ken and Jess in armor - geekgasm, man. That's why I'm working on my Scout armor. Hoping to be done with it no later than the end of the year, if not sooner.

Wook, the other CR, is working on her TIE Fighter Pilot costume to join the 501st. There's several other folks here who want to as well. We're also trying to establish our own detachment here in Albuquerque, but you'll have to see Gecko about that.

But don't forget, Stormtroopers and their ilk are only one way to join the 501st. There's plenty of Imp costumes out there. And denizens, like Tuskens and Bounty Hunters and the like...

You won't be disappointed...

14. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    so many costumes. so little time/money/skill/and so on. I am going to try for Imp guard first. just ned to make the helmet.
    I'll be in scout armor today for the CO parade.Josh and jhon are hooking em up this event.I'll try and share pics.

15. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Danny,
    What day will you be up here? Friday or Saturday?

16. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Danny
    I will have your $ for the vest!

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    ONLY 45 HOURS TO GO UNTIL WE ARE SETTING UP!!!!!

AND 50 HOURS UNTIL PARTY TIME!!! YEEEHAWWWWWWW!!

I'm excited. can you tell?

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'm REALLY excited. I think we can pull this off and have fun to boot!

19. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey All, well if anybody can get anything Star Wars or Anima or Sci-Fi please do allos most of all are the ...Star Wars Mini's

Below is a link to what they are this was a post form a FF mamber so i would like any for me and 1 other person If they have them there!!!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis

There were promo's available at the various cons over the last couple of weeks. I'm looking to get those.

These are the one's I know exist

Tusken Raider
    Storm Trooper -- San Diego Comic-Con
    Mon Cal
    Wookie

Thanks all have fun at the CON and i will talk to you later!!!

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We'll keep our eyes open, JediLuner, but I don't think we'll see any. Seeing as how this is mostly a literary and art scifi con, there might not be much in the way of stuff like that. Maybe one of the vendors will have stuff like that, so we'll look!

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    JediLuner
    We will keep our eyes peeled for goodies....like BrotherHalo said...this is a whole different kind of Con.....there is only like 15 Vendors in the dealers room....and the Con says it is full! This will be the smallest Con I have ever been to :(

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, but we're going to try to change that, aren't we Gecko! ;)

23. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I was just looking at the Vendors who will be at the con and I came across this on the Pegasus Publishing website

Move Along Shirt

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  25. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man, i hope they have that shirt for sale at the con... i really want one of those!! no, wait not want... need one of those!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.