main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Buffalo Bisons Star Wars Night - June 7, 2013

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Mar 11, 2014.

1. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Bill, thank you for those wonderful words! And for all of your hard work that went into producing the video segments and the live show. If I may add a few words... there are two parts to Star Wars night at the Bisons. The live show and the daytime activities. Thank you to Chris Solecki for working tirelessly on all of the behind the scenes duties that are necessary for the event to even take place. Coordination with Anthony and the Bisons to obtain approval from Lucasfilm, promotions, organizing out of town participants, and all of the leg work that allows this event to even take place. I couldn't begin to list it all because I couldn't even begin to imagine all of the things involved in making this happen. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Hear hear! There are definitely two aspect to this event and both are hard work and are deserving of praise for a job well done! So, I second that sentiment; great job, Chris!

Lee Solara and quigonschuel like this.
  3. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Thank you for the kind words Sensei.

It was an honor to be part of the creative engine that brought everyone the show you saw on Saturday. I look forward to hopefully being involved in the writing for next years show as well. Trust me when I say there are tons of story ideas that I have already written out that I'd love to share.

Well I would love to write a huge paragraph full of thank yous, I will keep it to a minimum.

Thank you to JXJ, I know our schedules didn't quite mesh and we had minimal prep time, it still turned out awesome and the feedback from my friends was positive. You made me look great and that's hard to do! All kidding aside, the big fella wants another shot next year.....some how and some way......

Big thanks to William, my little brother and my yearly dueling partner/foe, you made my life easy. Being added the last week of dueling solved the timing issues JXJ and I had. You looked phenomenal on the field and you did a great job with your segments of the duel. I hope next year see us paired again. The brute and his master......lol. One day the dervish will happen I promise.

4. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Not sure if anyone has heard of of this happening, but last night I talked with a fan who attended the game (a parent of one of my son's classmates at the Y). He stated that at times it was difficult to hear the audio portion of our videos at times - it was NOT due to crowd noise. Apparently he reached out to the Bisons and let them know about this.

5. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Hand in Hand....not pulled.

Lee Solara likes this.
  6. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I had the same thought. Shorter/more succinct dialogue will likely be heard better, and we should try to make sure lines don't drop off at the end. Next year I'll help with some line coaching if anyone wants it :)

Lee Solara and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    It was hoped that the new sound system would eliminate any issues with hearing the videos. While I think more succinct dialog as well as some voice coaching could help a lot, I'm still considering the previously proposed idea of using subtitles.

Spice Smuggler and Lee Solara like this.
  8. MusicalNeko

Apr 21, 2009
    Subtitles might be a good idea! We should try and poll the fans and see if they would prefer it.

9. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Also I'm sure with some better mixing between sound and music would help as well. Which can be fixed with just getting things to bisons faster....or who ever tech people will be next year.... So either start earlier or less time spent trying to please everyone with a final script.

10. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Anthony found the action figure card backdrop hiding in the mascot changing room.
    We now have it at home.
    Did anyone in our club see how it assembles/dismantles? I've looked at the parts and I'm confused.

More than normal.

11. MusicalNeko

Apr 21, 2009
    Agreed, I think we should have all the media prepped earlier this year - it'll make a huge difference!

12. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I had a few people ask me if we could caption the videos. No one could understand what was being said.

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    "No one" might be a bit extreme. Definitely some could not hear all the dialog and a few, in sections 121-128 could barely hear any dialog.

14. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011

The person I spoke with was sitting in sec. 122.

15. MusicalNeko

Apr 21, 2009
    Well regardless of where it could/couldn't be heard, it's good feedback to receive. Let's make sure to keep it in mind for next year as we prep :)

Wild Sidewalker and quigonschuel like this.
  16. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    In the video Cj's mom took I could hear just fine. Hmm

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    As said, it really depended upon where you were in the stadium

18. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    It has been determined an unknown number of patrons had difficulty hearing the dialogue. This has been noted. ;-)

19. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    The only complaint I heard was that my head didnt roll on the field after being beheaded.......

That came from my friend of all people.

Lee Solara and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  20. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    You should have brought that dodge ball to throw this year

21. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    That would of been awesome.

22. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    So my internet has been crappy all week and could only load a few photos at a time, 210 later, they are live!
    Click Here

23. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Thank you, Kyle!

MakanPyralis likes this.
  24. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    The photos look great, Kyle! Great work!!

25. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Awesome pics, Kyle!