main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Buffalo Comicon - October 7, 2012

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm not able to make it. I have too much other stuff I need to get done.

2. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    running a little behind this morning, part of my costume is missing so im tearing the place apart to find it. be there as soon as i can. still shooting to be there before 10. ill post here again if i will be any later.

3. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Great event everyone!!!!!!

4. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    This was a good day for the North Ridge. Nice media exposure, TERRIFIC duel demos, and lots of folks with North Ridge info. Hope to see some of them on FB or the boards. Oh, and the rest of the con was pretty good too. ;)

5. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Was planning on leaving at 1pm, but because Peter Jr. and Katherine were having a great time(and me, too) and my knees were very happy, we stuck around to the end. Darn good event and am really looking forward to it next year. Nice job by everyone!

6. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Really an awesome event for us as well as Buffalo ComicCon; having "professional" (in quotes as we weren't paid even in the form of food ;) -- but I guess free admission was cool) costumed characters really helps a con like this feel magical to attendees. I think we helped everyone feel that this event is ready to expand into something bigger. Great job by everyone who was able to make it out and participate; with every one of these big events, we definitely are becoming an even higher profile organization.

7. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    We actually did receive one pizza from the organizers - it arrived before Bryan returned with food...

8. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    The organizers were, by my understanding, a bit overwhelmed with the volume of attendees and had not realized we did not receive the food that was ordered. By the time the pizza reached us, there was only a small cheese left. It was still very much appreciated by all!!

9. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Met with Emil today, he wanted to express his thanks to the group for a job well done. He also apologies for the lack of water and wardrobe racks in our changing area, apparently those were being provided by the Marriott, and they never followed through. Thank you to Peter Parker for grabbing water for us.

Great job to everyone who participated and organized the dueling demo, it went off very well!

We also got featured on WIVB's coverage of the event:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/11th-year-for-the-buffalo-comicon

10. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    That was a awesome event and I think we were really well received. Thank you to Emil for inviting us and I can't wait for this event next year!!!

11. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
  12. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Hasn't been said in a while.....

"Nice."

13. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Just read the article from the spectrum. The little girl who was dressed up as Super Girl lives in our neighborhood and came to our Halloween party on Saturday. Her mom told me how completely amazed she was with R2. I told her I knew R2's builder and mentioned how long it took Jon to build it. You definitely gave them some memories to last a long time, Jon.

14. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Michelle, that just made my day!